Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

My daughter and the Deluxe Dining Plan

I just want to share and AWESOME PROUD MOMMY STORY.

We were at Disney for Halloween (second year in a row) on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Sadly, our state was getting hammered by Hurricane Sandy. The previous year, it snowed on Halloween. My daughter (who is 8) asked if we could save our snack credits to get each one of her classmates (who basically haven't had a Halloween two years in a row) something....

The last day of the trip, we proudly took her to Fulton's General Store where she proudly purchased 25 Mickey Bars (totaling$51+), one for each of her classmates using the snack credits we saved during our trip!
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Very nice!
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

That's wonderful!

I'm from NJ so I know what you mean! I'm at the shore so last year we didn't get that snowstorm down here. This year my neighborhood got together (after much debate) and trick-or-treated only within our complex since the power had just gotten restored. We were so lucky to come out of this safe and with a roof still over our heads. I know so many people who were not so lucky. I hope that the storms didn't hit you or your loved ones too hard.

My daughter is also 8 and has been helping me with donations of school supplies to the kids in our town who lost everything. You must be doing something right to have raised such a caring, thoughtful child

Good luck to you.
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

Thank you Twinklestar.

Praying for all you in Jersey and Staten Island, Long Beach, Island Park, Fire Island and everywhere else that got hard hit. Came back to a lot of heartbreak and no electric for 11 days, so my daughter's thoughtfulness really warmed my heart.

God Bless your daughter for helping.
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

a carring daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynzilla View Post
Thank you Twinklestar.

Praying for all you in Jersey and Staten Island, Long Beach, Island Park, Fire Island and everywhere else that got hard hit. Came back to a lot of heartbreak and no electric for 11 days, so my daughter's thoughtfulness really warmed my heart.

God Bless your daughter for helping.
You have raised a wonderfull daughter. I'm so lucky that i only had my power out for only a few days. with faith hope and pixie dust it can only get better
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest A proud Disney stock holder. A fan for life of the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks 2014 superbowl champions
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

What a great job you are doing raising your daughter, op!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: