DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Thanks to everyone again for talking it out with me! I do agree that we really just want to be at the beach club and saving money to get something you aren't really happy with isn't a good value. (well said)

I discussed it with my husband, and I think we are going to keep stalking the resales and hope that a BCV contract that works for us opens up, but I am just going to keep saving until tax return season and go from there. If I don't find something that works for us before then, we will revisit the idea of buying direct. But knowing what I know now about the resale prices that will KILL me, so hopefully we find something in the coming months!!

Thanks again!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Just keep saving & stalking the major resale sites. Something that suits you is bound to come up sooner or later.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Just keep saving & stalking the major resale sites. Something that suits you is bound to come up sooner or later.

Thanks! Will do.

And congratulations! I just saw your signature. How long have you owned at BCV?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183

Thanks! Will do.

And congratulations! I just saw your signature. How long have you owned at BCV?
We bought this past summer. Offered in June, closed at the beginning of August. :-)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
We bought this past summer. Offered in June, closed at the beginning of August. :-)

That's right around when we first bought in! We purchased direct in May while we were on the Fantasy and got the 20 'free' when we bought 100 promo.

I feel silly for not doing more research and buying resale, but we financed it through them and are still super happy with our decision.

We just consolidated a lot of debt and ended up with a few thousand extra left over, so we are starting to look for another add on. I would definitely like to do resale this time, just knowing what I know now. I'll just keep waiting and watching.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183

It's just really hard to decide what is more important..

SSR - Cheaper up front, more likely to find a resale contract and make it through ROFR, lower MF, longer contract

BCV - Priority booking for F&W, It feels homey to us and I just WANT to own there.

SSR is obviously the better choice financially.... but there's something about the BC/BW area that is just HOME to us. Every trip we have ever been on (even before we were owners) we would end up at the Boardwalk either at ESPN, or on the hammocks at the BC. It's just where we want to be and gravitate to.

BUT - I can stay at one of them using SSR points if that's the way we go. I just don't know that it will always be that way.

We are having the exact same debate in our house, we love the Boardwalk are and Villas, as well as the BCV, but SSR makes more sense on paper. The advice I got was to buy SSR because we are flexible with travel dates and only need a 1 bedroom, we shouldn't have too hard of a time booking at BC or BW with our SSR points. And if we do, then we stay somewhere else, but we are still at Disney, so will deal!

I'll be stalking the resale along with you, and waiting for tax returns, since we want to pay cash. The wait is killing me though!

denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #22
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
We are having the exact same debate in our house, we love the Boardwalk are and Villas, as well as the BCV, but SSR makes more sense on paper. The advice I got was to buy SSR because we are flexible with travel dates and only need a 1 bedroom, we shouldn't have too hard of a time booking at BC or BW with our SSR points. And if we do, then we stay somewhere else, but we are still at Disney, so will deal!

I'll be stalking the resale along with you, and waiting for tax returns, since we want to pay cash. The wait is killing me though!
So what you're saying is - you're the competition

Just kidding!

The wait is killing me too. We saw something we may be interested in over the weekend, but it was gone by Friday

That is a great point about flexible travel dates. We are very flexible with our travel dates and like to come to WDW at all different times of year. We also like rotating where we stay, so that would be the perk to buying SSR.

I just really love the BC/BW and I know that it would be awesome if I could make it work.

I guess it's going to come down to timing. Whatever we are feeling at the time a contract pops up will be what we decide.

I'm just glad that we have a little time to figure it out and that I don't feel rushed to make a decision.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
denneg
DIS Veteran

Lol, yes, we will be in deep competition come tax time! In reality, it will probably be closer to May for us, we have another 2 weeks booked at WDW in Feb, so I'm fairly certain some of our tax money will end up in Disney cash registers! I figured out last night if I just picked up extra shifts every week and put the money away, it would take 4 months, so I'll set May as my goal to keep motivated.

I think we will probably go with SSR after much debate. If we saw a great offer at BW or BC, I wouldn't be able to turn it down, but I think to get our initial 200 points we will go with SSR. That way I know we will have enough points for a one bedroom almost any time of the year, and I can always add on BW or BC points later when I'm not so antsy to get it done!

good luck to you, I'll keep an eye out to see what you get! :

denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
Lol, yes, we will be in deep competition come tax time! In reality, it will probably be closer to May for us, we have another 2 weeks booked at WDW in Feb, so I'm fairly certain some of our tax money will end up in Disney cash registers! I figured out last night if I just picked up extra shifts every week and put the money away, it would take 4 months, so I'll set May as my goal to keep motivated.

I think we will probably go with SSR after much debate. If we saw a great offer at BW or BC, I wouldn't be able to turn it down, but I think to get our initial 200 points we will go with SSR. That way I know we will have enough points for a one bedroom almost any time of the year, and I can always add on BW or BC points later when I'm not so antsy to get it done!

good luck to you, I'll keep an eye out to see what you get! :
Good luck to you also!

I think I am looking at it the same way as you, SSR unless something PERFECT pops up from BWV/BCV
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer

One thing to keep in mind that I didn't see anyone else point out is that I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of contracts are on sale by the original owner (ie they were bought at Disney direct prices). As such, these sellers might have high payoffs on their loan which leaves them asking for a number WELL above market value.

We've been watching a 50 pt contact at Fidelity that's asking $100/pt and it's sat for about a month and a half now because the price is outrageous in terms of market value. Normally those contracts are gone in less than a day. The seller has said that they can't go any lower because of what they owe on it. I guess maybe a little closer to the end of the year they might be willing to take a loss so as to not pay the MF fees for 2013. We shall see.

We're March use year and it's been incredibly difficult to find the right small point contract. I think we're settling on maybe buying 160 pt contact since there seems to be a ton of those.

Good Luck!
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
One thing to keep in mind that I didn't see anyone else point out is that I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of contracts are on sale by the original owner (ie they were bought at Disney direct prices). As such, these sellers might have high payoffs on their loan which leaves them asking for a number WELL above market value.

We've been watching a 50 pt contact at Fidelity that's asking $100/pt and it's sat for about a month and a half now because the price is outrageous in terms of market value. Normally those contracts are gone in less than a day. The seller has said that they can't go any lower because of what they owe on it. I guess maybe a little closer to the end of the year they might be willing to take a loss so as to not pay the MF fees for 2013. We shall see.

We're March use year and it's been incredibly difficult to find the right small point contract. I think we're settling on maybe buying 160 pt contact since there seems to be a ton of those.

Good Luck!
I actually saw that listing and had to do a double take! I was shocked at how high it was listed. Now it makes sense
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Fidelity prices seem to be higher than the rest and they seem to have more smaller contracts. They were a reseller for Disney and would get contracts from them. I don't know if that is still true since they discontinued their premium charge.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
mdinme
DIS Veteran

Adr

Got closing docs today for ssr at 68 pp on a 90 pt loaded contract. Anything under150 pts is gone we watched for months. Anyhow we are thrilled to be in and we don't care about a bit extra cost.

Me DW DS16 DD13
Offsite 07 & 09/Jan 10 Kidani/Aug 10 BW-BC/Aug 11 FQ/July 12 POR/Aug 13 BCV/Oct 13 BC-BW/Aug 14 BCV
mdinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #29
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinme View Post
Got closing docs today for ssr at 68 pp on a 90 pt loaded contract. Anything under150 pts is gone we watched for months. Anyhow we are thrilled to be in and we don't care about a bit extra cost.
Yeah, the more I am watching and hearing from people if you want a smaller contract, you're going to pay for it!!

I may just keep saving for a while and get a larger contract than expected. Seems like you'll pay relatively the same up front, I just need to figure out if the MF's are worth the extra points

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: