DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
oktracy
Mouseketeer

aulani resale

Hello,

I own 160 points, Aug UY at VGC, purchased resale through TTS, and I would love to purchase 160 points at Aulani. We stayed at Aulani on points this past September. Is there anything I should know before purchasing? Do I need the same UY if we purchase a different resort?

Disney has a promotion until 1/29/2013 for $7 credit and $500 Disney gift card for a direct purchase. Is it worth buying direct this time? We have cruised before (cash purchase).

TTS Aulani points are selling for $100 to $105 per point and Disney's price point is $135 per point without any incentives. Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I probably will not make this purchase until after my taxes are paid in April unless a good deal comes along because I want to buy this out front with cash.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktracy View Post
Hello,

I own 160 points, Aug UY at VGC, purchased resale through TTS, and I would love to purchase 160 points at Aulani. We stayed at Aulani on points this past September. Is there anything I should know before purchasing? Do I need the same UY if we purchase a different resort?

Disney has a promotion until 1/29/2013 for $7 credit and $500 Disney gift card for a direct purchase. Is it worth buying direct this time? We have cruised before (cash purchase).

TTS Aulani points are selling for $100 to $105 per point and Disney's price point is $135 per point without any incentives. Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I probably will not make this purchase until after my taxes are paid in April unless a good deal comes along because I want to buy this out front with cash.
If you could find a subsidized dues resale for Aulani I think it would definitely be worth trying resale. I know I saw one on one of the resale websites but don't recall which. DVC may take it back but something worth trying IMO.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello,

You do not have to have the same UY if you are buying, but it just makes it easier to manage. You would have two memberships if you bought a different UY.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
oktracy
Mouseketeer

I do not know anything about subsidized dues when purchasing resale. Can you explain more about this? What are the advantages and disadvantages, who subsidizes the dues and for how long?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
I do not know anything about subsidized dues when purchasing resale. Can you explain more about this? What are the advantages and disadvantages, who subsidizes the dues and for how long?
When Aulani first opened the dues requirements were calculated way too low. They temporarily suspended sales for a couple of months while they redid the requirements and any sales since that time have higher dues. The end result is that people who first purchased into Aulani will have their dues subsidized by DVC for the life of their contract and that will transfer to a new owner. However since DVC has the Right of First Refusal on any contract it is possible they will buy it back themselves. For 2012 the dues at Aulani are $5.96/pt but for those lucky few who are subsidized they are $4.48. That's a $236.80 difference on a 160 point contract just in one year so over the life of a contract that would really make a big difference if you were able to successfully purchase one. The listings I have seen all note if the contract is subsidized.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Smile

Thanks for the clarification on subsidized dues. Now I understand. Wow!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

First off I would never buy Aukani cause the MF's are going to spiral out if control. I stayed there over the 4th of July last summer and just booked the third week of June today with no problem and I own SSR. But if for done reason your compelled to purchase Aulani points I would go for the few e tea bucks and just buy direct.

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: