Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #16
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
You didn't pay anything for this "tour". Did any of the promotional emails mention anything about an included meal? It would never occur to me that a real meal would be included. Disney would make a big deal if even cookies were included.

You got to see Fantasyland at the time you were promised.

Were you upset with the fact you didn't get any food? The fact that it was a self guided tour? The fact that guests who weren't annual pass holders were able to do the same thing you were? I think your expectations were way too high.

What was special is if Disney had a need to limit access to Fantasyland you would have been given preferential treatment.
I think the OP is upset because they were made to believe it was a special touring. I'd be upset too after getting "chosen" and then there was nothing really special about it. I don't think I would have expected the food.
There was really no point in getting a special bracelet if everyone could come in anyway.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
It's already open to the public, that's what ticked me off because there's nothing special about being a pass holder
It is not already open to the public. Yes, on occasion they are letting people in but not all the time. We went on Saturday during our allotted time. They were only letting people in that had signed up in advance. If you didn't have your wrist band you weren't getting in. I also saw on my email confirmation that is says 'self guided tour'. We were fortunate enough to be able to have lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest as well (not included).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

No it wasn't that we didn't get food, we weren't expecting that, and yea it is the fact that just anyone was able to walk in during our " time slot" as other people have said all they did was walk up show their pass holder ID and get in, me ad my wide tool off work to go to this thing that led us to believe that it was something special.... When all we really had to do was walk up on a weekend, I live and hour away by the way

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf

It is not already open to the public. Yes, on occasion they are letting people in but not all the time. We went on Saturday during our allotted time. They were only letting people in that had signed up in advance. If you didn't have your wrist band you weren't getting in. I also saw on my email confirmation that is says 'self guided tour'. We were fortunate enough to be able to have lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest as well (not included).
I have scanned my email over and over it says nothing about self guided tour, however again it does say words like "congratulations" " sweepstakes".... Did yours ask you to choose an itinerary?

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
No it wasn't that we didn't get food, we weren't expecting that, and yea it is the fact that just anyone was able to walk in during our " time slot" as other people have said all they did was walk up show their pass holder ID and get in, me ad my wide tool off work to go to this thing that led us to believe that it was something special.... When all we really had to do was walk up on a weekend, I live and hour away by the way
But there would not have been any guarantee you would have been let in. When we were there they were not letting anyone else in. They were telling people they had to have signed up in advance.

Quote:
I have scanned my email over and over it says nothing about self guided tour, however again it does say words like "congratulations" " sweepstakes".... Did yours ask you to choose an itinerary?
I was able to get in on the first round of signups and we had to chose an itinerary, which was Enchanted Tales with Belle, but they also allowed us to meet with Ariel.

On my registration confirmation it has the date, the time, the 'experience' we chose and then says self guided tour of be our guest restaurant and then the other things to do.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

If any one is interested I'm willing to forward you the email I received and you can make a judgement on that

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #22
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

I share the OP's frustration with this event. My biggest issue was with the registration process. Way too many problems with that! With all the soft openings attended by my neighbors, we could have easily avoided the registration nightmare! We did enjoy the event once we finally got there.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Went last Saturday and loved it. The signup was a PITA, but other than that it was no problem. We were able to get a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest once we walked in to the area. Rode Little Mermaid 4 times with no wait. Waited about 15 minutes for Enchanted Tales with Belle at around 8pm. We spent a total of 5 hours in the new area.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33
Went last Saturday and loved it. The signup was a PITA, but other than that it was no problem. We were able to get a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest once we walked in to the area. Rode Little Mermaid 4 times with no wait. Waited about 15 minutes for Enchanted Tales with Belle at around 8pm. We spent a total of 5 hours in the new area.
Now let me ask you, we're you apart of the pass holder deal. I got to ride little mermaid once with a 30 minute wait and there were no reservation times available at be our guest from 4pm on.... How would everyone feel then.....

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now let me ask you, we're you apart of the pass holder deal. I got to ride little mermaid once with a 30 minute wait and there were no reservation times available at be our guest from 4pm on.... How would everyone feel then.....
I'll admit, I would feel less happy. I didn't go into it with many expectations because I figured the place would be flooded with passholders in the same way sign up was. I even told my daughters that we are going in to look around and probably wont get to do too much because of the crowd. Turns out, it was fantastic and we really got lucky to get a reservation to BOG. We were just walking into the area and saw a guy with a clipboard and I asked what he was doing, to which he said he was taking reservations. I told him to sign us up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: