Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #196
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

I've just booked a session with Vicki and David Arndt for our holiday at the Beach Club next year. I love their work and I'm really looking forward to meeting them for 2 hours of fun and laughter infront of the camera.

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

KAZPRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #197
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

Great! Thanks! I don't think I've checked them out yet!
Tigerlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #198
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
I've just booked a session with Vicki and David Arndt for our holiday at the Beach Club next year. I love their work and I'm really looking forward to meeting them for 2 hours of fun and laughter infront of the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlulu View Post
Great! Thanks! I don't think I've checked them out yet!
Here's their website

http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/

they also have a facebook page.

I have corresponded with Vicki and she has been very friendly and professional. 2 hours is costing us $300 and we get 2 photographers for that.

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

KAZPRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #199
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlulu View Post
I'm totally interested in an outside photographer. I've been researching and have found exactly 2 that I like--one shoots at $750 an hour and the other is only a little cheaper...
I'm super picky though and I recognize that. I am a photographer myself and I work at an amazing studio. I completely understand why photogs charge what they do for different things, but I'm still a mom out for the best deal I can find for the best family picture I can get! I will NOT hire a photographer EVER without seeing a sample of their work first! So that rules the Disney photogs out. Plus the ones I see in their website aren't that great.
The thing about photography is it preserves memories in a way that nothing else can. For me, this is one area I will not skimp on. Ever. Luckily I usually do my own pics but its not the same when I have to be in the picture. I need someone who cares as much as I do pushing the shutter.
With that said, I'm trying to make a list of area photogs to research--which is something it sounds like a lot of us could use! Part of what I'm finding is that a lot of the area photogs don't want to sell their digital files--which I totally get! But dang it's hard being on this end of things for a change! So any suggestions for an outside photog I would totally welcome! I've already looked at the few that have been named on here but I'm certain there must be more!!!
We just received our photos from Randy Chapman and I have only good things to say about it. He is not hsy to click away photos. In total he took 730 photos of us but that's because we have 4 children and he wanted to make sure that he got good photos. Check his site out http://www.chapmanphotography.com/ I think he charge us $250 plus tax and he was with us for an hour and half instead of an hour. Dh is camera shy and he managed to get smiles out of him.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #200
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Checking these out. Were either of you able to buy the digital files?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #201
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

I've done some research and I have narrowed down to two photographers, both of whom have wonderful talent! Amy Smith Photo and Megan Cristello Photography. I will probably be hiring Megan and I am thrilled about it!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #202
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

December session, what time?

Planning on scheduling our Resort Photo Session @ Polynesian Resort for this December. Has anyone done winter pictures, and how was the timing for your session. Thinking about 3:30 or 4:00pm. Mornings can be real foggy and sun sets so early. Thinking we want the heat (hahaha) of the day. What is your advice as to timing. Also, this will be our family photos and not a holiday family photo. Did the decorations get in your way, should we aviod inside photos altogether?

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #203
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

3:30-4 in December should be perfect for outdoor photos. The sun sets earlier and the lighting will be very pretty. Any earlier and you'll get yucky harsh shadows! If you shoot indoors, you should be fine anytime.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #204
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlulu
3:30-4 in December should be perfect for outdoor photos. The sun sets earlier and the lighting will be very pretty. Any earlier and you'll get yucky harsh shadows! If you shoot indoors, you should be fine anytime.
Thanks so much, exactly what I was thinking!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #205
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Wow ... Prices have sure changed! My last session was $90? $99? in 2010 for 20 minutes. However, by the looks of the pictures that I was able to see, I still think the $150 is worth it with all the photos on CD.

I'm especially liking how several of you have done two 20 minute sessions. Great idea! Though, with the hubs, I'll have to stick and be happy with 20 minutes.

So, as soon as we nail down plans, I'll be scheduling!

I'm so excited and can't wait to get back there!
Duzzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #206
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

WOW this is alot more then I thought it was. I might have to look for someone on the outside. That seems to be a better deal. Any thoughts???

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #207
princessap
DIS Veteran

Am staying at the poly and considering doing a shoot and read somewhere they will put them on your photopass cd? is that true? where do I find out pricing??
princessap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #208
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
Wow ... Prices have sure changed! !
Yes, but so has the department shooting the photos. It's no longer the photopass photographers. Now it's the fine art department with events and weddings. That's a whole other class of photography. I have no idea what the charges are though. Just that it switched in the last year and a half or so and they are going to be marketing it more.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #209
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Yes, but so has the department shooting the photos. It's no longer the photopass photographers. Now it's the fine art department with events and weddings. That's a whole other class of photography. I have no idea what the charges are though. Just that it switched in the last year and a half or so and they are going to be marketing it more.
It's $150 for the *mini* session. You get the photos on CD. It may be pricey, though it's worth it.

I completely understand the whole other class of photography as I am a wedding/portrait photographer.
Duzzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #210
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say we did our one hour session at Hollywood Studios and were very happy with Alicia and can't wait to see our photos.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: