Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #121
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Tonka's Skipper: perhaps so, but I for one would be just fine with Disney banning all sex offenders from entering the property.

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #122
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
Tonka's Skipper: perhaps so, but I for one would be just fine with Disney banning all sex offenders from entering the property.

Not a problem, I agree 1000%.....Please read my post #115..........Just thinking we may have been set up to react..........and the whole 2 posts are fakes!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 02:56 AM   #123
Shugardrawers
Ovarian Cancer Survivor!
I need to bust a royal wee!
Having a torrid affair with the
I like my pickles whole

Problem is...while I agree Disney is the LAST place a sex offender (especially one convicted of crimes with children) should be hanging out, after serving their sentences and probation, they do have certain rights. Whether that includes hanging out at a Disney park . My point is while you'd rather shop in places where there aren't convicted murderers, send your child to school where there aren't convicted drug dealers within a mile and go to church with nothing but fine upstanding citizens...certain rights ARE restored after certain conditions are met. I know nothing about those rights for a sex offender but it seems to me that Disney is not a protected space like schools and daycare centers. And the means to track all U.S. sex offenders would be ridiculously and prohibitively costly even for Disney.

I have to agree I think the PP is a troll.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #124
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugardrawers View Post
And the means to track all U.S. sex offenders would be ridiculously and prohibitively costly even for Disney.

I have to agree I think the PP is a troll.
It wouldn't cost much at all. Sex offenders registry is Federal law and public record. Thus we tax payers are already footing the bill for the majority of doing so. The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website has links to all states' internet sex offenders maps. http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/PublicRegistrySites.aspx All Disney would need to do, if there isn't a computer program that can do it, is have a couple interns spend their summer entering those names and addresses into their existing data base.

I see you're in Virgina. Plug in your zip code and see who the offenders are in your neighborhood. http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov...essSearch.html

I've had the same thought about the second part.

Last edited by Q-man; 11-01-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #125
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugardrawers View Post
Problem is...while I agree Disney is the LAST place a sex offender (especially one convicted of crimes with children) should be hanging out, after serving their sentences and probation, they do have certain rights.
Absolutely, but if I'm not mistaken, given that Disney parks are private property, they can refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that it's not a right to be on private property.

But yes, that person was likely a troll.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #126
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
Yes ban rapists. But not someone who got caught peeing in public or some of the lesser crimes.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #127
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
Yep, The bio-metrics really only take your size & structure of the measured area into account. They don't take actual finger print data.

The only reason it works so well is that the likely hood of having two people match exactly isn't all that high, but the likely hood of having those people who do match swap tickets is so slim it's not even funny.

It's the same with the key to your house. Someone has a key that matches the key to your house, or is close enough to unlock it. The reason your house is secure though, is that the chances of the right person having the right key is slim. Same with the tickets - the chances of the right person buying a used ticket, stealing your ticket, or picking your ticket up off the ground AND matching your biometrics is pretty slim.

I think you have a better chance at a one night's stay in the castle than having everything match up.
OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #128
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.
I've done that a few times. Same car, same color, etc. My key opened the door but did not start the engine. That's how long it took me to figure out I was in the wrong car! Very embarrassing!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #129
delilah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OT, but a funny story.

Same thing happened to me. It was a 1992 Honda Accord, aqua blue in color. I now have a CRV, but, now the keys are computer programmed for the car, not cut.
Actually, I entered the car using the electronic bleeping device, which is even scarier.
delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #130
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
OT, but a funny story.

I'm embarrassed to say I've done that too, only the car was already unlocked. Now my car has some distinctive stickers and an antenna topper that clue me in!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #131
akcire
Mouse expert, computer challenged
I am flushing myself to Disney

Quote:
OT, but a funny story.

When I was in college I had a 10 year old Ford Tempo. I dated a guy that had a 5 year old Forld Tempo. I could use my keys in his door and ignition. I realized it one night when I went to move his car (parking restrictions) and realized I grabbed the wrong keys. It worked!!

I didn't tell him right away. For months if I was out, and saw his car I would move it slightly or if he pulled in I would back the car into the same space. It was a fun game. I finally fessed up and he said he never noticed. I moved his car like 20 times and he never noticed??? I married someone who pays more attention to details.
akcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #132
marius97
DIS Veteran

I used to work at a busy golf driving range. People were forever leaving their keys in their car. My boss was a MacGyver type guy. He had a several old car keys that he frequently used to open people's cars. Sometimes he'd have to ask around of the people there to get the right one, but I don't think I ever saw him not be able to unlock a car with a different key.
marius97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #133
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

I assume that if WDW isn't using retinal scans it's still easy for a banned visitor to return as someone's guest. If I'm banned but stay with a friend at a resort without giving the front desk my name and pay with cash at bars and restaurants, how would Disney know?
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #134
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Absolutely, but if I'm not mistaken, given that Disney parks are private property, they can refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that it's not a right to be on private property.

But yes, that person was likely a troll.
They can't refuse service because you are a protected class - i.e. they can't keep women or Jews or African Americans or handicapped people out of their parks.

They can refuse service and keep you off the property for any other reason they choose. It is private property.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #135
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotoalf View Post
I assume that if WDW isn't using retinal scans it's still easy for a banned visitor to return as someone's guest. If I'm banned but stay with a friend at a resort without giving the front desk my name and pay with cash at bars and restaurants, how would Disney know?
When we checked in last time, everyone had to show thier passport or other photo id.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: