Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
SanFranciscan
DIS Veteran

Okay so you don't have hospitality experience or your school doesn't have a hospitaity program, but you want a concierge role at WDW? How is your sales experience? I remember an article in the San Francisco Chronicle, written by a possibly just jealous writer, who was making a fuss that concierges would recommend whatever places paid the concierge a commision directly or a kickback to the hotel while he wanted for the concierge to be a wheeler and dealer pulling strings on his behalf like in the urban legends I guess. Yet you would be approached by people who expected you to sell them on Disney and would therefore not get mad that you were not recommending a competitor of Disney. If you have sales experience, talk to the recruiter about your ability to turn an inquiry into a sale.
SanFranciscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Disney's idea of the concierge role is different than concierges in big cities. At Disney, probably 85-90% of the role is making dining reservations for Disney restaurants. They use the same reservation system that the folks at Disney Reservation Center do, no special authority or power to make tables appear.

I have heard stories about one or two Disney Concierge that have received an "thank you envelope" after making a reservation for a guest at an off-site restaurant, but those stories are very few and far between. It's not unheard of to assist a guest with this, I think I made reservations at off-site restaurants less than a dozen times in a year and a half as a Concierge, and I never received a "thank you envelope" from the restaurant.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #33
emmacakke
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm so excited to find someone who actually worked as a concierge!! I saw from one of the threads that a concierge is trained for front desk, once trained can you ever take hours from someone who works front desk? Also, how many hours did you usually work in a week? Was it hard to switch/take days off/find coverage? How were the costumes? Sorry I know I have so many questions!!
emmacakke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concierge, hospitality

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: