Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

I cant see Disney going through with this...I work for the company and they always preach upholding the magic and the disney feel...starbucks has nothing like that....mainstreet is suppose to be themed after a 1920 small town...the last time i checked there were no starbucks in the 20's!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprogram01 View Post
I cant see Disney going through with this...I work for the company and they always preach upholding the magic and the disney feel...starbucks has nothing like that....mainstreet is suppose to be themed after a 1920 small town...the last time i checked there were no starbucks in the 20's!
I don't think ya'll get it. It won't be a traditional looking Starbucks. Many places carry Starbucks coffee and the only thing that looks Starbucks about it is the cups with the logo. The rest of the store can still be main street themed.

Here is a picture of Universal Studios.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/...ersal-studios/
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Article:
http://disneytraveller.com/halleluja...-disney-world/

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Found a youtube video titled:
Tour of the 1st Starbucks Coffee inside Disneyland - Buena Vista Street - California Adventure

http://youtu.be/dIDckPZrhXw
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprogram01 View Post

There are a lot of "products" on main street that didn't exist in the 1920's. Should Disney get rid of all of those products and only use products and name brands that existed in the 1920's? That would make no sense. How about a watering hole with tin cups instead of selling bottles of water? It is just a name brand product in a rennovated area. It does not change the atmosphere.

I am looking forward to buying a Starbucks/Disney cup!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
CaptainJackNO
Ph.D. in Disneology

Walt's entire reasoning for building WDW and buying the vast amount of land he bought was to prevent this very thing. He believed commercialization disrupted his fantasy worlds. Did Starbucks exist in Marceline, Missouri at the turn of the century? No.
This is a disgusting deviation from everything the Magic Kingdom was designed for. I say we boycott this and demand the return of Main Street Bakery.
CaptainJackNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Bad, Bad move Disney. Starbucks burnt coffee in WDW.... Million will love, love, love this!

BUT to REPLACE a Disney Icon with a national chain...ON MAIN STREET... You, Disney are sending us your message loud and clear. For that, we thank you.

Our trip is cancelled
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackNO View Post
Walt's entire reasoning for building WDW and buying the vast amount of land he bought was to prevent this very thing. He believed commercialization disrupted his fantasy worlds. Did Starbucks exist in Marceline, Missouri at the turn of the century? No.
This is a disgusting deviation from everything the Magic Kingdom was designed for. I say we boycott this and demand the return of Main Street Bakery.

I am glad that I am not the only one that does not like this idea! I am for the boycott.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
ThankstoMOM
Earning My Ears

Absolutley horrible idea. KEEP STARBUCKS OUT. there are enough of them every where.
ThankstoMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
dvcblt93
Mouseketeer

Disneyland - Walts park - Opening day.

No bake shop!

There was however...the "MAXWELL COFFEE HOUSE".

dvcblt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited that they finally annouced dates/locations just wish they were opening sooner.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
CaptainJackNO
Ph.D. in Disneology

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcblt93
Disneyland - Walts park - Opening day.

No bake shop!

There was however...the "MAXWELL COFFEE HOUSE".

Wow, I did not know that. I stand corrected.
I have read more and now realize that the Main Street Bakery is, basically, staying, just offering Starbucks coffee with the same baked offerings of the Main Street Bakery. I guess I can live with that. Still don't like it, though.
CaptainJackNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Someone on the camping board mentioned they use to serve McDonald's French Fries inside the MK. I actually do not see serving Starbucks coffee any different than serving Coca Cola or Pepsi products. It's just a name brand drink. I also don't like plain coffee, I rather have a mocha latte or specialty drink so I for one would buy from Starbucks in the MK. Main street is a good location because as the wives and kids save the parade spots, dad can run in and get coffee and hot chocolate.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #29
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprogram01
They did it!
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

I don't mind serving Starbucks but I don't want a big sign to see while walking down Main Street. If what I saw on line was taken from Mainstreet there is a big Starbucks sign. That would be very sad.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: