Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
asthemusicplays
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloconnie
Let's have some fun with the recent news that Disney has purchased Lucasfilm and the rights to the Star Wars franchise.

Play Imagineer.... What would you create to bring Star Wars to the theme parks? The possibilities are endless! Restaurants, rides, shows, "lands", etc.

What's your idea and which park would you put it in?

I think it would be awesome to have a Star Wars themed restaurant / tavern where guests are entertained by an animatronic Allen band playing all Stars Wars type music. This would need to be at DHS to take full effect with alien drinks!

I could also see some awesome thrill rides....

Okay all you wanna be Imagineers, what's your idea?

I totally agree that a cantina is necessary!

Off Site 12/11 - DF proposed!

asthemusicplays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Thinking outside the box, I would like to see a ride-through/shooting game mock-up of the Death Star, that is very interactive, where you have to disable the tractor beam then escape on the Millenium Falcon.

You could have things like the trash compactor sequence where you almost get squashed, shooting Stormtroopers as you run around the Death Star, then finally a shooting sequence where you blow up TIE Fighters as you escape from the Death Star.

But just as important as the action would be the visuals - for example, the large open spaces of the hangers or the tractor beam shafts (which could be done using similar technology to Soarin).

It would be good if some of this could be done on foot, but not sure how you would be able to control the storyline enough.

As for hotels, I would love to see Endor-type tree houses.

Or how about simulated caves from Tattooine (I've been to the caves in Tunisia where they shot the films, and always thought how cool it would be if somebody could create a hotel themed on those caves).

The Cantina as a restaurant goes without saying.

But Jabba the Hutts Palace would also be another good restaurant theme.

I would also love to see something with animatronic creatures, especially the Rancors.

Finally, a Death Star Trench rollercoaster would be really cool too, going up and down through the trench, avoiding obstacles, finishing off with a vertical plummet through a tunnel to 'destroy' the Death Star (see the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers in the UK for an example of what the end of the ride could look like).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbTPUii_8s

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
MichelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
Mantana83
Earning My Ears

Everyone is forgetting the Wonderful other films lucasfilms is responsible for...including labyrinth...howard the duck...and of course the land before time!!
Mantana83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
Topper
DIS Veteran

I think the cantina should make this the "house" cocktail:

Alien Brain Hemorrhage Cocktail

http://latinrapper.com/blogs/?p=1893
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #20
GoneDisney
Earning My Ears

Indiana Jones at star wars land

If they do an Indiana Jones attraction. It should be the 1st movie where you walk into the attraction and the giant boulder comes after you and you have to run to get to your ride car.
GoneDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

What should they do... well besides all the normal rides etc how about putting one of these in the water....

Disney's new cruise liner.... the Executor

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Maybe it's time to actually build this?

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...s-warring.html
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
Faldred
DIS Veteran

I've posted this before, but I'll recap here.

Take DHS and mark off a section from the IJ stunt show to Sounds Dangerous to Pizza Planet to Star Tours. This section will become "Star Wars Land".

Re-do the stunt show as Star Wars, convert Sounds Dangerous into a Turtle-Talk type of show with Yoda performing Jedi training for young padawans in the audience. Backlot express becomes the Tatooine "Cantina". Star Tours, of course, remains.

Theme the whole area in Star Wars style, including appropriate fonts/designs on all signage.

Phase II would be expanding into the current backstage area beyond BLE (Cantina) for a new E-Ticket, preferably some sort of Podrace coaster or something along the lines of the "Death Star Battle" sample from a patent that was discussed here a year or two ago (filed by an independent company, not Disney or Lucas).

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
quikah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneDisney View Post
If they do an Indiana Jones attraction. It should be the 1st movie where you walk into the attraction and the giant boulder comes after you and you have to run to get to your ride car.
They could just copy the Disneyland IJ ride.
quikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #25
gjmoon
Earning My Ears

The area next to Hong Kong Disneyland would be great for a Star Wars theme park. Being by the water it could look like the cities on Naboo
gjmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #26
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmoon View Post
The area next to Hong Kong Disneyland would be great for a Star Wars theme park. Being by the water it could look like the cities on Naboo
That's a bit far to travel to...
MrJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place

A new DTD Attraction......

Not a ride - not in any park. This would be an attraction added to DTD (and - of course at a price).

I see it more like a Halloween Haunted House: You are handed a Light Sabre or Laser Gun (or both) and walk on in. At first you get some pretty easy Bar Patron Aliens to fight.

The Aliens you encounter are all projected by 3d light thingies, but, react to your movements. Maybe there is a cast member who dictates their movement?

As you progress through the attraction you get more difficult dudes to fight. You get points all along the way. They can also mix it up so no venture through is the same twice!

The Zenith is your final fight with Darth Vader.

Of course they take Pic's along the way which can be sold at the end. Perhaps the highest Point Earner of the day is rewarded in some way. This creates the Teen's to go back 20 times during the day!

Ok - a bit out there. I am 100% certain it is possible with existing technology. If I could build it - I would be a Billionaire!
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #28
helloconnie
DIS Veteran

Any ideas for younger kids?

I could see a ride where they get to pilot a hovercraft much like Luke's in "A New Hope". Have it go through a maze of landscapes from the plant that is "fartherest from the bright center to the univers". Kids love driving things!

BLT - Oct 2013, DCL/Fantasy & Boardwalk Villas - June 2012, Bay Lake Tower - December 2010, October 2010, June 2010, AKV- Kidani - Feb 2010, Beach Club Resort 2009, Wilderness Lodge 2008, Carribbean Beach Resort 1999, Dolphin 1991, Offsite (3) 1996, 1988, 1985 (If memory servers me)

helloconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
BuzzBiteyear
Intergalactic Protector of the DISboards

Some things we'd really enjoy seeing:

Star Wars character meal. I think of Downtown Disney and Planet Hollywood and can't help but thinking the outside of the building would look like the Death Star.

Speaking of the Death Star, DS8 came up with this one:

Turn the big golf ball (that's what he calls it) into the Death Star. At night put on a laser show with the Death Star's Superlaser firing at the countries of World Showcase.

Definitely make the carbon freeze chamber permanent. Really would like to to do that, but hard to make it if it's only going to be during SWW.

And last, as many others have said, Star Wars Land. Some sort of podracing attraction and a flight simulator to destroy the Death Star, among other attractions.

Initial planning for Disneyland - Nov or Dec '14| Yacht Club - Dec '13 | Ramada Plaza @ Disneyland - July '12 | All-Star Sports - June '11, Xmas '10, Nov/Dec '02 | Caribbean Beach - Aug '10 | Pop Century - Aug '09, May '09, Sept '08, Aug/Sept '07 | Brother's Apartment - April '07, Dec '06 | Fairfield Inn @ Disneyland - Aug/Sept '06 | Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec '05 | Port Orleans - Riverside Aug '03 | Offsite - Kissimmee Aug '90
BuzzBiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
Max Rebo
Mouseketeer

Sounds kind of like MagiQuest. With a Star Wars theme, something like this could be really cool.

More on MagiQuest: http://magiquest.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom_noite View Post
Not a ride - not in any park. This would be an attraction added to DTD (and - of course at a price).

I see it more like a Halloween Haunted House: You are handed a Light Sabre or Laser Gun (or both) and walk on in. At first you get some pretty easy Bar Patron Aliens to fight.

The Aliens you encounter are all projected by 3d light thingies, but, react to your movements. Maybe there is a cast member who dictates their movement?

As you progress through the attraction you get more difficult dudes to fight. You get points all along the way. They can also mix it up so no venture through is the same twice!

The Zenith is your final fight with Darth Vader.

Of course they take Pic's along the way which can be sold at the end. Perhaps the highest Point Earner of the day is rewarded in some way. This creates the Teen's to go back 20 times during the day!

Ok - a bit out there. I am 100% certain it is possible with existing technology. If I could build it - I would be a Billionaire!
Max Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: