Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
timmac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
I feel like technically she is a Disney Princess, but not branded with the Disney Princesses. I feel like she will be like Giselle, but in the parks more.
Giselle is kind of an interesting case, though... as she is not--and never was-- a princess.
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
ludari
DIS Veteran

I actually like the idea of Princess Leia being added toe hte Disney Princess line up.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I think she and Luke already meet and greet during Star Wars Weekends.

I don't see her being an official "Disney Princess", but I could see her being out as a face character more often.

This made me think...is one thing that should come into DHS a character meal with Star Wars characters? Wouldn't they be able to charge the same ridiculous prices for a character meal with Luke/Leia/R2-D2/Chewbacca as they do to meet a bunch of princesses? I know I'd be more interested in the former!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
scoolover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
I can't imagine how it felt running in that.
Horrible but Awesome!

scoolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #20
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
I saw this youtub video today and it made me think of this thread. It's the Disney princesses welcoming Leia to the Princess family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMFH...ure=g-logo-xit
For like two seconds I thought this was real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
I feel like technically she is a Disney Princess, but not branded with the Disney Princesses. I feel like she will be like Giselle, but in the parks more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmac View Post
Giselle is kind of an interesting case, though... as she is not--and never was-- a princess.
OK I need a true Star Wars fan to help me out, but is Leia really a princess? AKA the daughter of a King, Queen or Chief or married (no shacking up) to a Prince.

Her birth mother was a Queen but, and this is where is gets odd, isn't that in her culture a one year elected position? Oh and don't get me started on her father.

Her title comes from her being the adopted daughter of Bail Prestor Organa and Queen Breha Organa. Does that count?

So just like Giselle the point is moot.

But really a "Disney Princess" is a marketing term. Its who ever can sell the most stuff.

I do thought see some new hairstyles at BBB.

Last edited by chartle; 11-09-2012 at 08:09 AM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #21
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
This made me think...is one thing that should come into DHS a character meal with Star Wars characters? Wouldn't they be able to charge the same ridiculous prices for a character meal with Luke/Leia/R2-D2/Chewbacca as they do to meet a bunch of princesses? I know I'd be more interested in the former!
That would appeal to the boys but as posted many times on "Why are there no real boy Character Meals?" threads. They can't wring the same amount of cash, over all, from boys like they do for girls.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
brennicksmom
!!!

Carrie Fischer was on a local radio station about a week ago and she was saying how she thinks it's cool that she is now a Disney Princess. I don't know how literally she meant it, but that when she was approached by Disney about how they own SW, they told her she is now a Disney Princess.

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century
brennicksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
OK I need a true Star Wars fan to help me out, but is Leia really a princess? AKA the daughter of a King, Queen or Chief or married (no shacking up) to a Prince.

Her birth mother was a Queen but, and this is where is gets odd, isn't that in her culture a one year elected position? Oh and don't get me started on her father.

Her title comes from her being the adopted daughter of Bail Prestor Organa and Queen Breha Organa. Does that count?
Sounds like your pretty up-to-date. Amidala was a "Queen" but it was an elected position of some sort. Leia is a "Princess" because her father Bail Organa was of the royal bloodline of Alderan (sp?). I don't think anyone ever got more specific than that. Her being a Princess has nothing to do with her birth mother being Queen.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like your pretty up-to-date. Amidala was a "Queen" but it was an elected position of some sort. Leia is a "Princess" because her father Bail Organa was of the royal bloodline of Alderan (sp?). I don't think anyone ever got more specific than that. Her being a Princess has nothing to do with her birth mother being Queen.
Adopted Father. I don't want to get into biological vs adopted and who is her real father, but the royals usually have a pretty strict definition when it comes to birthright and titles.

I brought up the Amidala being her birth mother for everyone who would bring up "But isn't her birth mother a queen? So its still ok." loop hole.

But then again I would assume all her records were blown up by her real father this guy.

Last edited by chartle; 11-19-2012 at 01:44 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Adopted Father. I don't want to get into biological vs adopted and who is her real father, but the royals usually have a pretty strict definition when it comes to birthright and titles.

I brought up the Amidala being her birth mother for everyone who would bring up "But isn't her birth mother a queen? So its still ok." loop hole.

But then again I would assume all her records were blown up by her real father this guy.
Well, you are right - "adopted" father, but there is no presumption that that invalidates her "Princess" title. You are going by the rules of England - who knows what some made-up rule on a planet long ago would've been. In addition, the adoption was secret, right? So, as far as anyone knows, she is the biological daughter.

It's all symeantics on top of being fictional. Whatever. She not going to be a Disney Princess in the sense that they'll be putting her on a T-shirt with Aurora and Jasmine.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #26
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete

Well, you are right - "adopted" father, but there is no presumption that that invalidates her "Princess" title. You are going by the rules of England - who knows what some made-up rule on a planet long ago would've been. In addition, the adoption was secret, right? So, as far as anyone knows, she is the biological daughter.

It's all symeantics on top of being fictional. Whatever. She not going to be a Disney Princess in the sense that they'll be putting her on a T-shirt with Aurora and Jasmine.

I would so buy that t-shirt lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:

The adoption was never a secret. How Bail and Breha chose to adopt Leia was kept a closely guarded secret. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Lord Vader there is a tense scene where Vader is at the Alderan Palace and wants to meet Bail's new adopted daughter.

As a die hard Star Wars geek, I'd love to see Leia and the rest of the Star Wars gang roaming around Star Tours but I won't hold my breath.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Oh whoops! Thanks.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #29
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, she's never a Princess, although I actually think of her as one. And technically, since we don't know anything about her family, she could be a Princess.

Maybe we're too invested in these characters

I wish you could still meet Giselle in the parks. Aside from Beast, she's one of my favourite Disney characters.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #30
jacquelynbiehl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

No, she's never a Princess, although I actually think of her as one. And technically, since we don't know anything about her family, she could be a Princess.

Maybe we're too invested in these characters

I wish you could still meet Giselle in the parks. Aside from Beast, she's one of my favourite Disney characters.
Ooh me to!! I love Giselle!!
jacquelynbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: