Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #331
pooh4brains
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
that's exactly what we're hoping for too. It wouldn't stink if they could maybe release something a bit earlier......just saying.......
I called to try to get the AAA discount applied to my AoA LM room (had to change from BC/YC, but at least we can still go!) and the CM told me to check back in late Feb or early March for June summer discounts. I hope that she was wrong and that there are some post-Thanksgiving discounts. They probably won't work for us (since LM has been booked almost solid since it opened) but it would be nice for all the other June people!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #332
albrst
Earning My Ears

We are going no matter what but it will mean staying a shorter time. We have already paid for over half our trip at this point. We are staying at the Art of Animation Resort because we need a family suite with 6 of us. My kids will be 6, 7, 11 and 14 when we go. We never go on real vacations because our family lives too far away so we just visit them. We made a decision last year that our oldest would be grown too soon and had not been on any vacations except to visit family. So we are going but would love to get a pin/discount so we could add a few more days. Right now we are only 6 nights 5 days.

Kristy
albrst is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #333
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

I will consider staying at a value if a code doesn't come out. I haven't stayed anywhere but POR before. How are the values?
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #334
tannerandcatesmom
Earning My Ears

New to all of this, can someone tell me about pins and discount codes? We are staying at POR week of June 1. Thanks

Last edited by tannerandcatesmom; 11-06-2012 at 02:11 PM.
tannerandcatesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #335
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
I will consider staying at a value if a code doesn't come out. I haven't stayed anywhere but POR before. How are the values?
We have stayed at ASMo, ASMu (twice) and Pop (three times). They are fine, as long as you know going in that the rooms are on the small side. We like Pop's food court better for lunch and dinner. The AS sometimes share a bus, but the times we've been there, each AS had its own bus for park opening and mostly at park closing; a few times, Sports and Music were sharing. ASMu is our favorite value, it seems quieter. The food courts get crowded at popular eating times, but we saw that at CBR, too.

We are planning seven nights at CBR and two nights at a value (probably ASports because that's where DS11 is asking to stay). If a discount comes out, we will probably stay all nine nights at CBR.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #336
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I'm with you...unless I get a discount for moderates we will stay at a value...have stayed at ASMu and it was fine, but there is a big difference between value and moderate. We need two rooms as we are traveling with my husbands two married children and their spouses and children, and one family could not afford to go unless we paid for the trip.. More important for family to be together and to have memories together!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #337
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post
I called to try to get the AAA discount applied to my AoA LM room (had to change from BC/YC, but at least we can still go!) and the CM told me to check back in late Feb or early March for June summer discounts. I hope that she was wrong and that there are some post-Thanksgiving discounts. They probably won't work for us (since LM has been booked almost solid since it opened) but it would be nice for all the other June people!
UGH!! Not until late Feb / early March!! I'm with you, I hope they're wrong. On Mousesavers, the history shows that discounts were release in November for up to June 14th. I'm checkin everyday on the Disney website just in case.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #338
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
We stayed at the Pop Century on our last June trip. If I had another choice, I wouldn't stay at a value again. The positives were the CM's were wonderful, the resort had such a fun feel to it, we loved the main pool, and the food court. We only had problems with the buses one time and I think it was the night we were in the MK until like 2 AM. Once we waited through to the front of the bus line, we waited at the front of the line for an additional 30 minutes. We kept watching bus after bus pull up to every other resort, but non for the Pop for a full 30 minutes. I just HATED the beds. They were so uncomfortable, even after a full day in the parks, I didn't sleep well. The size of the room didn't bother me, except for the bathroom. I felt so clausterphobic in the bathroom. If I had to go in there, I pulled the curtain shut, told our teenage boys to not come near it since I would be in the bathroom, and left the door open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
UGH!! Not until late Feb / early March!! I'm with you, I hope they're wrong. On Mousesavers, the history shows that discounts were release in November for up to June 14th. I'm checkin everyday on the Disney website just in case.
I agree!! I hope they don't come out that late. I would just love for them to come out before we hit our 180 day out windows. The discounts we get will determine the DDP we are on.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #339
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
We only had problems with the buses one time and I think it was the night we were in the MK until like 2 AM. Once we waited through to the front of the bus line, we waited at the front of the line for an additional 30 minutes. We kept watching bus after bus pull up to every other resort, but non for the Pop for a full 30 minutes.
That's the problem I have with the POP. It seems like there is only 1 bus while all the other resorts have several! We even grabbed a bus to a random resort then went to DTD just to avoid standing any longer. At least that way we were moving. LOL

It got to be a joke...we never had to look for resort signs, ours was always the one with a really long line and no bus.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #340
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerfrog View Post
It got to be a joke...we never had to look for resort signs, ours was always the one with a really long line and no bus.
Are you sure you weren't with us on our trip, b/c that was our joke for our trip as well.

Every other time though, even with the long lines, the lines seemed to move quickly. It was only the one time we had that much of a problem.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #341
BigDaddyWill
Waiting impatiently for my next vacation

Looks like we are in as well. I swore we would take a year off but I'm a pushover when my youngest says "But, Dad..."

Right now we are looking at June 7 - 16. Hoping for a discount, but looking at POR since we have 5. Stayed there the first time we were on property then have stayed at POP each time since. Have always wanted to stay at OKW (just like the look, lol) but can't justify the extra $$.

Will
Big Daddy Will **** Dis Dad's Club Member #668

2008 - POR 2010 - POP 2011 - POP 2011 Trip Report 2012 - POP 2012 PTR 2013 - POR 2014 - POP
BigDaddyWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #342
Hootch
DIS Veteran

You may

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyWill View Post
Looks like we are in as well. I swore we would take a year off but I'm a pushover when my youngest says "But, Dad..."

Right now we are looking at June 7 - 16. Hoping for a discount, but looking at POR since we have 5. Stayed there the first time we were on property then have stayed at POP each time since. Have always wanted to stay at OKW (just like the look, lol) but can't justify the extra $$.

Will
to check on the capacities for POR. I think I read that the trundles had been removed as part of the recent refurb. It is entirely possible I misread or misremember.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #343
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
to check on the capacities for POR. I think I read that the trundles had been removed as part of the recent refurb. It is entirely possible I misread or misremember.
The trundles were removed but replaced with a small bed that pulls down from the dresser. These are still only found in the AB section of the resort.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #344
Irin997
DIS Veteran

I'm getting excited and anxious! Southwest is opening flights through August 9 on Monday, November 19th!

Is it true that with Southwest you can book flights but you are always able to change them without incurring a fee? Does this include award travel as well, booking with points?

Last edited by Irin997; 11-16-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
Irin997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #345
tianna26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irin997
I'm getting excited and anxious! Southwest is opening flights through August 9
Thx for the heads up

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: