The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
grumpy&princess
DIS Veteran

Barefoot'n in the Keys

Has anyone ever stayed here? Just wondering if I made a good choice for our reservations.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed there, but just wanted to say that we are planning on booking it for our adults only trip next summer. The reviews on Tripadvisor are really good, the price is great & we like the location.

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

I was wondering about this resort as well, especially the location. I've heard of Old Town but don't know anything about it. Is that an attraction or neighborhood? Is the area safe?
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
I was wondering about this resort as well, especially the location. I've heard of Old Town but don't know anything about it. Is that an attraction or neighborhood? Is the area safe?
Old Town is an older shopping/attraction area. They have shops, restaurants, rides (at the Fun Spot) & they even have car shows. The first time we went to Florida we stayed down the street & walked over to Old Town & we liked it. It's not great, but it's something to do with your downtime. We never felt unsafe there (most people are tourists). That is why I was happy about this hotel, we can walk over to Old Town when we get bored.
http://myoldtownusa.com/

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Trixiezzz
Budgeting my way to Disney!

Yes, we stayed there about 3 or 4 years ago and we liked it just fine. We had a bottom unit that had a small living area with kitchen and a separate bedroom. It had one full bath. Our two DDs slept on the pull-out sofabed. It was clean and basic, nothing luxurious about it, but it was so much better than a hotel room and was just minutes away from Disney.

They were doing construction at the time we were there and it looked like they were building more units (which would be even newer).

We swam in the pool twice and it was sparkling clean. They also had a free breakfast at the main office, but we never made it there early enough!

We booked using Skyauction and got a really good price. You might want to check with them.

Hope this helps!

2014 ~ Aulani & Oahu * 2013 May ~ WDW & Windsor Hills * 2010 May & 2008 May ~ WDW: Offsite * 2008 Jan ~ WDW: Contemporary * 2007 Jan ~ Disney Cruise: Magic * 2006 May ~ Disneyland * 2005 Sep ~ WDW: POP/POR * 2004 Dec ~ WDW: POP

Last edited by Trixiezzz; 08-30-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Trixiezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Manda513
Mouseketeer

We stayed there 2 years ago. We actually rented what was supposed to be a 3 bedroom unit but actually was 2 units (upstairs/downstairs) combined. We LOVED it there. I will say that their pool area isn't the best, but sufficient. It was clean just nothing special. We went close to Christmas and the pool was not warm so not sure if it's not heated or not whether that's a concern for you. There was also a volleyball area and a small play area for kids that mine loved. =)
Manda513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: