Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

Quick question

For those of you who are going to take classes when you're doing the program, I'm confused about where it says Disney talks to our schools to verify everything.. Do I personally have to do anything, or is all handled between Disney and my school? I looked at the website from a link in another thread and on the site where educators log in to see their students, but does my school/advisor get his login information from Disney, or do I have to tell him that I'm doing it so he can see?

I went to my career center a couple of weeks ago and right off the bat I was told the school doesn't accept any credit for the program, but that it still may be useful to do on my own. Do I have to go back and let them know that I'm doing it? Since they aren't accepting credit, I decided to go for it and take the Spring semester off, so I didn't register for classes or pay for housing or anything, because I won't be there..

So is there anything that I myself have to do? Any forms to get filled out or anything, or do I just go to my advisor and get the leave of absence form signed and that's that?
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
mckennerk
Earning My Ears

disney does not actually call schools. this would be a confidentiality breach and against the law. for example have your parents ever tried to fix something for you at school? Or pay a bill? Schools can not even confirm that you are a student. There is no way that disney calls so you are all set. you'll find out that many kids lie about being students- or why you see 55 year old cps
mckennerk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
mckennerk
Earning My Ears

I would tell your school that you are taking a leave of absence so that you can easily come back in the fall and you'll need to sign up for classes in the spring!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
lidepi
Earning My Ears

Yeah I agree with people here - after talking about enrolling (and doing it) just to do the CP I heard tons of stories about people not being students during application or even within a year of their application.

If you think about it, it makes sense. Disney doesn't care if you're willing to accept pay lower than their part-time/seasonal employees to work the same jobs. You just aren't eligible for the same credit as most people and it's on you if you're caught lying.
lidepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
mckennerk
Earning My Ears

exactly! and I'm sure people are quick to rat someone out who isn't in college especially if they dont like them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: