Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
itsmuggsie
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibbler20 View Post
My mom and I will be on the trip too and we are trying to decide to stay post night or just take a late flight on the return day. I want to make sure we have time to do stuff and from what I've been reading I think we might just take a late flight home.

This is our first trip to Cali and Disneyland and I am so excited to share it with this group!!!
Having just come back from the BSM, if I were to do it again I would definitely add at least 2 nights extra. I had a late flight out on the last day and it was just not enough time to see everything I wanted to.
itsmuggsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
My mom and I will be on the trip too and we are trying to decide to stay post night or just take a late flight on the return day. I want to make sure we have time to do stuff and from what I've been reading I think we might just take a late flight home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmuggsie View Post
Having just come back from the BSM, if I were to do it again I would definitely add at least 2 nights extra. I had a late flight out on the last day and it was just not enough time to see everything I wanted to.
I'd agree with Muggsie on this. We stayed two extra nights after this year's ABD and it was great to have those extra days to do the regular stuff in the parks.

I'd also suggest arriving a day early for this trip, especially if you're traveling a long way. We flew in on Saturday from the east coast (early flight) and were pretty much wasted by the time we got to the hotel. Nonetheless we felt obligated to go out and take in the sights. We were tired puppies that night. The actual ABD portion doesn't start until Sunday afternoon but once it starts its packed with activities and you should go into it a bit rested.
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmuggsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover

I'd agree with Muggsie on this. We stayed two extra nights after this year's ABD and it was great to have those extra days to do the regular stuff in the parks.

I'd also suggest arriving a day early for this trip, especially if you're traveling a long way. We flew in on Saturday from the east coast (early flight) and were pretty much wasted by the time we got to the hotel. Nonetheless we felt obligated to go out and take in the sights. We were tired puppies that night. The actual ABD portion doesn't start until Sunday afternoon but once it starts its packed with activities and you should go into it a bit rested.

Thanks guys... I think I need to do some real research into our options. As I read more trip reports, there is more and more that I want to do, but I need to be financially responsible. I'm really thinking though that we might do a day before and after. Even if we don't spend our extended departure day at the park it would give us that whole last ABD day without having to leave for the airport. I would also like to have a little more time in Hollywood and we are looking at a minimum 5 hour flight if we get a direct flight.
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #19
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
I'm really thinking though that we might do a day before and after. Even if we don't spend our extended departure day at the park it would give us that whole last ABD day without having to leave for the airport. I would also like to have a little more time in Hollywood and we are looking at a minimum 5 hour flight if we get a direct flight.
If you are talking about simply spending all day Friday (last official ABD day) at the park and flying home on Saturday (no park time), consider booking a cheaper hotel at the airport for Friday night. You'll find some very good prices for Friday night stays at airport hotels. If you do that you should still qualify for free ABD transfers from DLR to the airport. Once at the airport you can take the hotel shuttle, which is typically free, for your stay. In the morning, catch their shuttle back to the airport for your flight home.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
If you are talking about simply spending all day Friday (last official ABD day) at the park and flying home on Saturday (no park time), consider booking a cheaper hotel at the airport for Friday night. You'll find some very good prices for Friday night stays at airport hotels. If you do that you should still qualify for free ABD transfers from DLR to the airport. Once at the airport you can take the hotel shuttle, which is typically free, for your stay. In the morning, catch their shuttle back to the airport for your flight home.
The last ABD shuttle leaves the Grand Californian at 4:00pm.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
The last ABD shuttle leaves the Grand Californian at 4:00pm.
Fact. However, one of our guides on this last one were nice enough to set up later shuttles for those of us with red-eye flights. I think someone had a 6:30 and I had a 7:00. But this isn't something you can set up through ABD pre-adventure. So as always, your luck may differ.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

WooHoo! Only 10 days until we head back to Disneyland!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #23
OKW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
WooHoo! Only 10 days until we head back to Disneyland!!
Security has been alerted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: