DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
imo those people aren't very smart ,since there is a clear expetrtation date for pap. Some things come and go but there seems to always be something .
That's just it, there isn't always something. Even the function of the system itself may change including a minimum stay requirement. Anyone that bought for any of the perks and can't weather system changes that are negative to their situation likely shouldn't have bought in.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
imo those people aren't very smart ,since there is a clear expetrtation date for pap. Some things come and go but there seems to always be something .
But there isn't always something, and there certainly isn't always something that is usable by everyone. Current DVC perks that are useful to me....zero. DVC perks I found usable when I bought - three.

Perks are perks - nice bonuses...but you shouldn't plan a purchase decision around a nice bonus.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
But there isn't always something, and there certainly isn't always something that is usable by everyone. Current DVC perks that are useful to me....zero. DVC perks I found usable when I bought - three.

Perks are perks - nice bonuses...but you shouldn't plan a purchase decision around a nice bonus.
Disney is really good a offering perceived perks. Perks that seem wonderful but not used by the majority. They do this by setting limits and restrictions or not giving advanced notice.

The PAP offer is a good example, buy by a certain date to be used by a certain date. How many really need a AP? How many planned to vacation during the valid period? More importantly, how many will take a extra vacation to take advantage of the PAP and how many will need more points to do so?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

The PAP offer is a good example, buy by a certain date to be used by a certain date. How many really need a AP? How many planned to vacation during the valid period? More importantly, how many will take a extra vacation to take advantage of the PAP and how many will need more points to do so?

Bill
Genius marketing. We bought APs for the first time last year since we did plan multiple trips. We got 4 week long trips out of them. Since they expire Nov 27 we were planning to renew but now they have offered the PAP. Since we already have 3 more trips booked it seems like a great deal, right? But we don't do water parks or DQ or golf. It's a great "perceived value" but probably not for us.

Although, the 20% discount on merchandise may be worth it, that and it will give us an extra month+ this year since we are going in Jan.

Last edited by DizBub; 11-04-2012 at 06:40 PM.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Genius marketing. Although, the 20% discount on merchandise may be worth it, that and it will give us an extra month+ this year since we are going in Jan.
The 20% discount is worth it if you planned on buying anyway. I know that my DW would say "I have to go buy more Disney stuff" because of the added discount.

So the PAP savings of $50 per person will cause the 2 of us to spend a couple of thousand on an extra vacation and more Disney stuff as if the Mickey dog bowls, kitchen stuff, pictures, statues, mugs, glasses, and holiday decorations aren't enough.

That reminds me, I need to unpack the monorail train and get it ready for set up as soon as we buy the Christmas tree.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
The 20% discount is worth it if you planned on buying anyway. I know that my DW would say "I have to go buy more Disney stuff" because of the added discount.

So the PAP savings of $50 per person will cause the 2 of us to spend a couple of thousand on an extra vacation and more Disney stuff as if the Mickey dog bowls, kitchen stuff, pictures, statues, mugs, glasses, and holiday decorations aren't enough.

That reminds me, I need to unpack the monorail train and get it ready for set up as soon as we buy the Christmas tree.

Bill
Boo hoo. no more Mickey dog bowls. We couldn't replace the one we broke. I was planning on paying full price, but the PAP was nice.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #22
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Bill
I don't even know what I was thinking about the 20% discount. We are Disney's worst nightmare. We don't buy souveniers. While we are huge WDW and DVC fans we are not fans of the "stuff".
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #23
IndyDisneyFan
I want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I don't even know what I was thinking about the 20% discount. We are Disney's worst nightmare. We don't buy souveniers. While we are huge WDW and DVC fans we are not fans of the "stuff".
Us either! If we want Disney "stuff" we hit the outlet store a short drive away from WDW! Why get it at 20% off when you can have it for 70% off!

Laura
2002- Music, Movies, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort
2003- Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Sports, Coronado Springs
2004- Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort
2005- Disney Wonder, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary Resort, Caribbean Beach
2006- Disney Magic, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, All Star Music
2007- Beach Club, Disney Magic, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland, Polynesian, Disney Wonder, Wilderness Villas
2008- Polynesian, Disney Magic X 2, POFQ, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge
2009- Port Orleans FQ, Disney Magic X 2, Poly, Pop Century, Animal Kindom Lodge, Contemporary
2010- Port Orleans FQ, Disney Magic, Beach Club Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Wonder, Polynesian
2011- Grand Floridian, Contemporary, French Quarter, Polynesian
2012- Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic, Old Key West, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Wonder (Hawaii), POFQ
2013- POFQ, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel
2014- Disney Wonder, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge
IndyDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #24
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDisneyFan View Post
Us either! If we want Disney "stuff" we hit the outlet store a short drive away from WDW! Laura
Where's this outlet store? I've been buying Disney toys at Target and giving it to my DS(3) at Disney. It cuts down on how much we buy at the parks.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
Where's this outlet store? I've been buying Disney toys at Target and giving it to my DS(3) at Disney. It cuts down on how much we buy at the parks.
It's in the Premium Outlets district:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=17

I think it's 15 minutes drive from WDW.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: