Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather View Post
Also enjoyed that article. I go thru every year or so and purge supplies that I am sure I won't be using and give them to our Girl Scout troop leader so the girls can use the stuff for projects. It is hard though sometimes because I am always thinking maybe I should keep it....just in case!

Too bad we don't all live closer...I think a supply swap/get together would be really cool. One man's trash....
I would LOVE to have a swap! As it is, I take a shopping bag full to Camp Wannacropit every March - and sometimes end up "shopping" from my own discards
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
Lanie
DIS Veteran

I definately think the stuff is taking over my creativity! I found myself time and time again looking for the right paper for 1h and then deciding on a plain 1 colored cardstock!!!!!

I became a CM consultant in January of last year and since then I have decided to streamline my stash. 1 Power Palette per scrapbook but extra paper of the same colors if needed, but that's IT! Makes it so much easier to bring to crops and to decide on which color to use with every layout! And I look at my tools and cartridges about once a month to figure out which ones I can use for that album.

The only exception to that rule is my Disney papers... Cause I can never have enough Disney papers!
First Trip May 2004:All Stars Movies - Engagement Trip September 2005:Best Western Movieland & All Stars Movies - First F&W as well as MNSSHP September 2006:Port Orleans French Quarters - Honeymoon October 2007:Sandals Royal Bahamian & Animal Kingdom Lodge - DVC Buying Trip August 2008:POP Century - Our first cruise and MVMCP December 2009:Caraibbean Beach and the Magic - Liam's First WDW Trip December 2011:Poly and Kidani Village - Liam's First Cruise April 2012: Western Caribbean on the Fantasy - Blaire's First WDW Trip October 2012:All Stars Movies - Lexie's First WDW Trip March 2014:Bay Lake Towers
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Yep I love some of the more simple layouts i've done in the past .. altho I do not use my cricut as much as I want to because in a mobile home space is VERY limited altho I do have a desk to work on.. I've had to do 3 BIG purges so far -- went from a 3 / 4 bedroom home (cape with finished upstairs) to two rooms at my sisters 3 bedroom ranch to a two bedroom mobile home! (this is my final stop for a while) I do purge my stuff when I head to a few annual crops that have swap tables (I bring more for the table then I take back)

I would like to know more about the Camp Wannacropit? sounds like fun!!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
lynner
Mouseketeer

I've been thinking about this quite a bit, Linda, since you posted this. I also read the article...very interesting, and I know that I have enough paper and stuff to never have to shop again!

My favorite scrapbook store is closing down by the end of the year. This is the store that, twice a year, has a garage sale where you can sell your stuff...and it has been great for me! I would go through my stash and sell off some of my older papers and embellishments, then buy new from the proceeds (my sales came back to me in the form of a gift card). So now I don't have an outlet to sell off my old stuff, and need to figure out another strategy to turn over my stuff, and turn the old stuff I won't use into something more trendy I would use. (and don't feel bad for the store owner, the store did not go out of business because of poor sales or management, but she got offered a super job in the scrapbook industry and decided it was time to make a life change; I kind of admire that, but am sad that someone has not come in and offered to purchase the store).

Was it easier to scrapbook with less? Maybe it was, but it sure wasn't as much fun! I love using different techniques and trying to mix and match things differently. I also like to load up some layouts with all kinds of stuff, and then doing the simpler things. But, admittedly, I do spend a bit of time sorting, organizing, cleaning up, and working with all my stuff, rather than sitting and scrapbooking!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynner View Post
I've been thinking about this quite a bit, Linda, since you posted this. I also read the article...very interesting, and I know that I have enough paper and stuff to never have to shop again!

My favorite scrapbook store is closing down by the end of the year. This is the store that, twice a year, has a garage sale where you can sell your stuff...and it has been great for me! I would go through my stash and sell off some of my older papers and embellishments, then buy new from the proceeds (my sales came back to me in the form of a gift card). So now I don't have an outlet to sell off my old stuff, and need to figure out another strategy to turn over my stuff, and turn the old stuff I won't use into something more trendy I would use. (and don't feel bad for the store owner, the store did not go out of business because of poor sales or management, but she got offered a super job in the scrapbook industry and decided it was time to make a life change; I kind of admire that, but am sad that someone has not come in and offered to purchase the store).

Was it easier to scrapbook with less? Maybe it was, but it sure wasn't as much fun! I love using different techniques and trying to mix and match things differently. I also like to load up some layouts with all kinds of stuff, and then doing the simpler things. But, admittedly, I do spend a bit of time sorting, organizing, cleaning up, and working with all my stuff, rather than sitting and scrapbooking!
When it was reported on TwoPeas, I wondered if that was the store you took me to. So sad for your loss.

Quote:
I would like to know more about the Camp Wannacropit? sounds like fun!!!
Camp Wannacropit is a crop held in a little town on Cape Cod, once a year, for a weekend in March. It's a bit of a drive for me, but we have an absolute BLAST.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Thanks Linda that does sound like fun!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: