Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #1546
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Hi Brighteyes. Thank you for the words. I know what you mean about your mother too well..

Good for you on the shakes. My best friend lost 32 pounds with that exact shake. She is now trying to get me. I just need a little better budget for them. They do work though, she looks FAB.....

In the middle of changing 2 bedrooms here. Ours and DD. Painted all Friday, and boy is it a LOT of work. It's all or nothing for me. I am saying this time next week, I can SLEEP
to all......
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #1547
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tigg, so good to see u too, My summer was crazy busy with meeting with the ex all the time so he could get to know DS a little bit. And the wonderful "vacay" I had with my mom. LOL

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #1548
sduck
Mouseketeer

Education is very important. While some products may work for others my wife had a friend who was a distributor for Body by Vi. She thought it would help her since she has Fibro.

After becoming very ill we found this informative breakdown. Again, the product may work for some but we had a very different experience. Please do not take this post personal it is just for education for everyone on the thread.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/i...s-it-all-hype/
MEMBER #155
sduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #1549
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post
Education is very important. While some products may work for others my wife had a friend who was a distributor for Body by Vi. She thought it would help her since she has Fibro.

After becoming very ill we found this informative breakdown. Again, the product may work for some but we had a very different experience. Please do not take this post personal it is just for education for everyone on the thread.

I totally agree with what you are saying. I am by no means saying that this has cured my fibro at all. I still have pain just like I always did. However, having just come out of my fatigue cycle, I feel better than I normally do when I am not so exhausted. If that makes any sense. So by no means would I ever say that. I am just saying now that I am not fatigued right now, I feel better than I usually do. So for me, that is really good! And my mood seems better, I am not sure really why though.

I had a promoter contact me and tell me she has fibro and chronic fatigue and after 4 weeks her symptoms disappeared. I told her, "Good for you, but mine haven't." I know fibro is different for everyone and not everything works for everyone the same way. I just feel the reason it is good for me, is that when I am in a lot of pain, or an extreme fatigue cycle, I tend not to eat at all, which is not good for my weight or my energy levels, so for me, when this happens, I can whip up a nutritous shake.

And if I feel a little better then maybe I will feel like exercising again and feel even better. Just trying to tell you guys how it helped me, it may or may not work for others.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #1550
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi Brighteyes. Thank you for the words. I know what you mean about your mother too well..

Good for you on the shakes. My best friend lost 32 pounds with that exact shake. She is now trying to get me. I just need a little better budget for them. They do work though, she looks FAB.....

In the middle of changing 2 bedrooms here. Ours and DD. Painted all Friday, and boy is it a LOT of work. It's all or nothing for me. I am saying this time next week, I can SLEEP
to all......
Thanks,

I will keep going with this cause it seems to be working for me and am feeling better bit by bit

I hope if you try it, then you can at least feel a little better too.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #1551
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post

This soooo true! Fibro, CFIDS and ME are such crazy illnesses that even in the same person what worked a week ago may not work today. Meds do not work for me but for many here they do. I have had some reactions to some pretty tame stuff like coQ10 so I never take any suppliment without my DH around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
I totally agree with what you are saying. I am by no means saying that this has cured my fibro at all. I still have pain just like I always did. However, having just come out of my fatigue cycle, I feel better than I normally do when I am not so exhausted. If that makes any sense. So by no means would I ever say that. I am just saying now that I am not fatigued right now, I feel better than I usually do. So for me, that is really good! And my mood seems better, I am not sure really why though.

I had a promoter contact me and tell me she has fibro and chronic fatigue and after 4 weeks her symptoms disappeared. I told her, "Good for you, but mine haven't." I know fibro is different for everyone and not everything works for everyone the same way. I just feel the reason it is good for me, is that when I am in a lot of pain, or an extreme fatigue cycle, I tend not to eat at all, which is not good for my weight or my energy levels, so for me, when this happens, I can whip up a nutritous shake.

And if I feel a little better then maybe I will feel like exercising again and feel even better. Just trying to tell you guys how it helped me, it may or may not work for others.
Personally I think the reason there is such variation in seriousness of these illnesses is beacuase they are caused by a variety of things that mimic each other. Those of us with long term serious illnesses I think have biochemical issues like undiagnosed thyroid, Lyme or some unknow virus like xmrv. So we need to keep trying dfferent things until we hit on our issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
Thanks,

I will keep going with this cause it seems to be working for me and am feeling better bit by bit

I hope if you try it, then you can at least feel a little better too.

Glad you are feeling better. It has been such a long hard year for you

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #1552
tiggspring

Well I finnaly had a good all around week. last week didnt end well though.
Last weekend I went to girl scout camp and fought migraines all weekend and gained 3 more lbs With DD7 WDW dance I was 26 lbs more than I weighed last summer and now way to buy shorts now!

Monday I once again started my low carb diet that I have tried to lose weight with since Aug but the fibro just fought me. I added to my sassy water routine and very low carb diet Rasberry keytones and green coffee bean extract that I saw on Dr Oz. I had tried them without diet two weeks ago because I heard you could lose two lbs per week with no change in diet...that didnt work for me. Well diet and pills and I lost 11lbs in 6 days!!!!!!. Now I realize much of this was water retention but who wants to carry that much fluid around. I will let you guys know how it goes. I start the day with grapefruit and eggs and I have not felt any carb craving which is cool. I also have had some really good Fibro days. Now that could be the weather, a cycle or a fluke.....hoping it all continues though. HAving one drink a night,something that helped me sleep on the cruise, contines to help me sleep so mmmm I'm still drinking those martinis

For those of you new to the fibro game and still trying to rule out other causes and for those who keep trying to adress issue I have another thing we all might all try. Type 2 hypothyrodism. Basicaly you make anough thyroid hormone but your body becomes resistant to it similer to insulin resistance. Here is an article on it http://www.21centurymed.com/?page_id=12. I read about it in First magazine. Now this is not maintream medicine so it looks like if you are interested you might need to talk to a naturalpath dr. If I cant get treated for lyme or treatment doesnt work this may be my next step since both my aunts and an unlce all had thyroid issues 3 out of four siblings is a significant family history in my opinion.

On the lyme frount I think I am a bit closer to a lyme literate Dr. My DH has gone through a battery of tests and a new lyme titer. test were fine but titer was high 2.89 when normal is lower than .98. He is back on antibiotics and was told iv antibiotics might be in his future if test came back high this time. Lyme has giving him a glimpse into my world. On a very positive note one test given to my DH was a stress test/ echocardiogram combo. DH's dad died at 42 from a haeart attack his dads father died about the same age from falling off the roof which we think might have been a heart attack and DH is quite overweight and off course stressed to the max the past few years. A heart attack has worried me a great deal. Well his echocardiogram was PERFECT. I see many more crazy rollercoaster rides in my DH future. Now I wont hold my breath every time he get on with DS.

Well thats just some of whats been going on. hopefully I can post more if I keep feeling well.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all

Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #1553
tiggspring

Quick update. Last night I noticed a slight rash on my chest, couple doz eraser size red spots and I feel like I'm getting a uti. I have had these symptoms before just never together. Going off rasberry keytones and green coffee bean extract in case I'm having a reaction. I lean towards the rasberry keytone since I smell like resberries lol. I really do no kidding .

Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #1554
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Glad to hear you happy with your weight loss.. Good job..

I fluctuate. I lost 70 pounds about 2 years ago, for NO reason. NONE at all. Now I was super happy, but everyuone asking me what I did, give them my tricks.. I slowly thought ok, this can't be normal. My dr did a battery of testing, and nothing was different. I have AWFUL eating habits, and I haven't changed those. I turned 40, and it happeend. Then all my brain surgeries and spine ones happened. There I lost a TON, because I was unable to walk or move an inch for weeks, and I got quite depressed, and then just didn't want to it. NOw I gain 5, next week it is gone. SO I guess I am at my weight level, who knows.

Well, I am UP because we just had an earthquake.. 4.5 but I was sitting here and it sounded like an 18wheeler was going right at my house. Everyone else sleeping and NOBODY heard it.. Opened the front door and all the neighbors were out worried. The center is 9 miles from us, so maybe we felt it a little more due to that. I had some things fly off a shelf... Nothing major, but hard to go back to sleep..LOL

Well just checking in and probably rambling from my nerves..

XO everyone
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #1555
tiggspring

How is everyone doing after this storm? I been on a total roller coaster ride!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #1556
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

I keep thinking of everyone, and wishing I could do something to help more than donate.

I am glued to the TV 24/7

Last week I had a 2 day assessment and am waiting on news to go further.

to everyone
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #1557
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

the hurricane was all over the news here in the UK, my friend is in wdw with her asd id, she says its ok there, some im just glad she is safe. hope all my american friends have water /heat/food and are safe.... its it funny how it comes down to the basics??
well this brit has been having a pretty poor time of it, i saw a pain consultant who just keep going on that it was my own fault as i was fat and eat the wrong things.... (i weigh 200lbs for 5 6 and have a masters in food and nutrition!!) i ended up screaming abuse at him and walking out (which i have never done in my entire life!)
the cold here is kicking in, which obviously isnt helping and my kids have had a week off school which has knocked me about too...
so at 5am unable to sleep due to pain i come and hang on the dis lol!!!

everyone stay safe and pain free
Tracy
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #1558
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone. Checking in.

Fibro has been bad; I've been sleeping an average of 16 hours in a 24 hour period. Pain hasn't been horrible but the fatigu is overwhelming.

I found out that all Federal unemployment is ending at the end of December so I've been stressing about that and really trying hard(er) to find a job. I have an interview next Tuesday. This may be a good fit for someone like me. It's an answering service operator position. Casual dress, it's a sit-down job, it's fairly local, and the hours are sort of what I was looking for. The negatives are that I think it might be a higher stress level type of job (from how it was explained to me today over the phone by the owner of the company), and the pay isn't good at all. Training takes at least a month and it pays minimum wage. After the training period, the salary will be 1/3 less than what I was making at my last job.

However, once unemployment runs out, ANY job and income will be a plus. If it turns out that I can't work due to fibro, rheumatoid arthritis, etc, then at least I will have given myself a chance. My last job was very fibro-friendly.

I'm kind of nervous at the thought of a new situation(job) but I'm kind of looking forward to it a little, too.

Sorry if I'm rambling here.

We did get hit by the effects of the hurricane. We were without power for 2 days and our house got damaged by the cables pulling off part of the facia board on the corner of the house where it meets the roof. We have to call out a carpenter and an electrician to give us estimates on the repairs.

I have family who live near the Jersey shore and they are still without power. Fortunately though, they're all safe and their homes have minor damage. It's heartbreaking to see the pictures of video of my former home town and the place that holds so many memories for me and my family. I have to believe that they will rebuild and restore.

mommasita: I'm glad that you're ok from the earthquake. Some towns near me, all the way down here south of Boston, felt the effects, so I can't imagine how it was for you, being so close.

tigg: How is your rash? How did you make out with the hurricane???

tracy: I'm sorry that your doctor spoke to you like that. I hate when doctors try to blame everything on weight!!! I hope you can find someone with more knowledge and more compassion to help you.

HUGS to everyone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #1559
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Glad to hear from you SeaSpray, I was thinking of you sooo much...

Good luck with the interview.
Sorry you have been in so much pain. Personally, the changing of the seasons is hard for me. This time of year is the PITS...

scojos: Agree with SS. I have had so many battles a few years back. It is frustrating, and sometimes they do need to be put in their place. There are boundaries IMHO.. Sorry you have been having a tough time lately.

Tigg: how are you and the rash?

Gentle hugs everyone
Old 11-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #1560
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

glad everyone is safe, we saw some horrendous footage here in the UK, and after experiencing TS faye at wdw in 2008...sort of get it (tho faye was nothing compared to a hurricane...as a brit i had enevr experienced extreme weather like that iyswim.....

good luck with your job interview, hope it works out for you.

Tiggs, i love the smell of raspberrys tho when i read this all i could think of was lotso and the strawberry bear lmao... good job ur all disney nuts or you wouldnt get that refernce at all ... hope you re feeling better now

i start my fm awareness course tomorrow (with the same physio who was there when i told the dr he was "not nice"... looking forward to seeing her face when i turn up, i have filled in the complaint form just going to leave it a few days, so i can re read it and send it (i always do that with paper work, means i can check things more rationally...

gentle disney hugs to all
Tracy xx
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: