Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #29
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymnastgirlflips View Post
I've always been very scared about the idea of the Magic bands...

No, it's no news to me that anyone with a cell phone can be tracked. I've just never had a problem with my little plastic "Key to the World" card in which I can access the parks and get Fast Passes. For starters, what if you want to use your FP for Space Mountain, but realize you've given your FP to whoever in your party doesn't want to go on it and instead has taken everyone Magic Bands to get another FP on the other side of the park? What then?

Of course, by this point I'm sure FPs are supposed to be reserved six months in advanced and your entire day will be scheduled full of attractions and reserved seating.... unless you're the kind of person who thinks vacations should be more "spur of the moment" or you're a local who just can't decide six months out that they'll be at Epcot at 4:30 pm to ride Soarin'.

The whole new system makes no sense to me. It's just turning a happy place into a huge, "orderly" mess.

The bracelets truthfully remind me of the new World of Color (and now Fantasmic and Mad Tea Party) ears sold at Disneyland and DCA. They use radio frequencies and, depending on your location during the show, light up to choreograph the audience.. at least when they're wearing the ears. This technology is hidden away in a pair of Mickey ears... pretty astounding.

The only plus I can see coming from this HUGE change is that Disney would see what's working and what's not- guest likes and dislikes easily monitered. Entertainment such as Meet and Greets more special if they character knew your name beforehand... things like that. I just wouldn't trade the old system for a bracelet made in China.
I could not agree with you more...I am very disturbed by this whole new thing, it is taking the pleasure out of my vacation...

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: