Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #76
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurioa View Post
I am interested in this swap, but now I am completely confused. Has it turned into just a character swap or is it going to be rides/lands? Seems like only characters are being discussed now.
welcome to our group!
it is a bit confusing isn't it....think it's going to be for MK at this point with a separate character swap later....Jennifer is a great hostess and will get things nice and neat for us soon, this is just the interest thread so we usually bounce lots of ideas around, then will have the "official" thread for sign-ups and progress reports!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #77
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
You better get moving!! I'm 1/2 way done with that trip!

I just skimmed the thread, now my head hurts! LOL Jennifer keep me posted with dates, break downs etc, because I'm going to get started on the 2013 swap calendar soon (if Nan hasn't beat me to it).

Thinking out loud here, I really really want a 2 page layout World Showcase sketch swap. I always have a ton of pics and in doing my 2010 trip, I'm struggling to come up with second pages that coordinate.

I may or may not join this one, it depends on how all this breaks down. I don't think I need a ton of character pages but I know a redo trip is in the works with my nieces so I want pages for them.
Sorry for the headache, we went a little crazy there yesterday afternoon...I think it was a hurricane that blew through

I'll be doing 4 swaps (or 5, if we break down characters to their own swap), one every three months, and we can always change sign-ups and or groups at any time, especially when we get to Epcot.

Personally, I'm thinking of using the character pages for a special character book, which would be a work in progress, filling it with ALL trips, not just one specific trip.

Sign-ups will be 11/15, probably start around 8:30 eastern. I'll start a new thread this morning for that. Due date will be 2/15/13. That will be a solid due date. We've got February vacation the following week, and I'd like to have that time to sort and return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurioa View Post
I am interested in this swap, but now I am completely confused. Has it turned into just a character swap or is it going to be rides/lands? Seems like only characters are being discussed now.
Welcome to our cozy little corner! Sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to get an idea of interest on this thread. It's going to be a sketch swap for Magic Kingdom Rides at this point. Characters will either be a separate group in this swap or a separate swap on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
welcome to our group!
it is a bit confusing isn't it....think it's going to be for MK at this point with a separate character swap later....Jennifer is a great hostess and will get things nice and neat for us soon, this is just the interest thread so we usually bounce lots of ideas around, then will have the "official" thread for sign-ups and progress reports!
Ah, thanks, Lisa
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #78
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

happy to help out are you going to have Nan or Buffy close this swap down so we don't get confused between the two?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #79
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Might be a good idea to close this one... so that Jennifer has a fresh thread to work with...

Jennifer, I thought about things last night... for packaging.. would it be easier for you if we packaged them like the Wall Art Mickey Heads?? Label # of bags needed and you, the swapper, sort the pages for the hostess... then you include a list of all your spots... then you as hostess would only have to sort # of bags instead of individual pages???

Are you considering the thought you had in the 2013 calendar swap about not including the background paper?? If you would decide to do that... Could we add the name of the background paper that was used for the emailed/included photo so that we could color match better??

Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #80
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
Might be a good idea to close this one... so that Jennifer has a fresh thread to work with...

Jennifer, I thought about things last night... for packaging.. would it be easier for you if we packaged them like the Wall Art Mickey Heads?? Label # of bags needed and you, the swapper, sort the pages for the hostess... then you include a list of all your spots... then you as hostess would only have to sort # of bags instead of individual pages???

Are you considering the thought you had in the 2013 calendar swap about not including the background paper?? If you would decide to do that... Could we add the name of the background paper that was used for the emailed/included photo so that we could color match better??
My note in the calendar prep thread was more for other page swaps. I think I'd rather that we have the 'full' page on the quarterly swaps. What does everyone think.

ETA: I think it would work for this swap, or is everyone more interested in getting a 'full' page back?

If a thread is locked, can I still edit my own posts within it? I'd like to copy the formatting of the character list so I'll have it for future reference.

ETA: I copied what I needed, if you want to lock it, that's fine.

Last edited by morgansmom2000; 11-03-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #81
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I think you can still get to the info you need... but you are all taken care of per your note.. so I will lock this so you don't have to monitor 2 threads and have any confusion.. If you need to get to anything later, let me know and I can unlock it for you..

Thanks for clarifying.. wasn't sure if you were talking about the MK swap even though it isn't technically a 2013 swap.. I've already started my wish list and written down some ideas for them...

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: