Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #31
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

I just wanted to updated everyone! He said yes and we are going in march. Hos only request, he gets to see menus before I book adrs!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

If it's important to you, he should go, because it's important to you. But if he complains and hates it the whole time, you'll know it's not for him.

Don't forget to do something important to him that you don't particularly like, too.
somethingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #33
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Agreed. I requested the video and maps for him to watch. I am thinking about all thinga he might like but I watch him getting more and more excited when describing things. You can follow my ptr for more details and suggestions

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Leota
DIS Veteran

DH used to do WDW to please DS & I. He liked it, recommended it to his friends, but wasn't nuts about it. Then I pushed him away from Disney by "asking for his input" too much & planning too many "things I just know you would love"

Then I finally got the message, started just making plans on my own & stopped being commando & he started to like it again. Then DS grew up & we started going just the 2 of us & basing the whole trip around adult pursuits & he fell completely in love with it. So much so that we are in the process of buying a home down there for our impending retirement.

Congrats on getting him to agree! That's great. Now just don't make the mistakes I made & try to talk to him about the trip all the time. And let him call the shots for how much he wants to do or not do. If he's a real lazy tour-er and you just gotta have some commando time, ask for one day to do that. But listen carefully to his signals. It's so easy for us Mouse Fans to go a wee bit overboard and be oblivious about it.
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannona View Post
I wasn't so sure how excited my boyfriend was with going to Disney with me for a day... So I looked into things.

I found photos of interesting foods at service stations he might like to eat. I looked into what kind of beer was where. I told him interesting facts that applied to his interest that weren't so.. Obvious about Disney.

And then, we were at a mall and it had a huge Disney store. The whole thing that sold him on it would be fun to go to Disney? The smile on my face when i walked in there.

We also agreed when we went into the park that we would take it easy, if it wasn't a high priority ride for us we could easily skip it. Since we aren't big line waiters we enjoyed the time together exploring and taking in the sights.
LOL that sounds like me...I found out all the places he could buy Coors Light, and told him that Garden Grocer will deliver it to the hotel for us. I also planned 2 days at US/IOA because he loves comic book/superhero stuff.

I think what really sold him is when I FINALLY admitted that there are some useful apps...I told him we have to look at getting international rates put on his IPhone for that month so we can use the wait time and restaurant menu apps. I told him that would save us alot of time walking around from ride to ride trying to find one with a short line/quick FP return time. Plus, he smokes, so I told him he could choose his supper or his next ride from the DSA haha

Its odd to have to "prep" someone so much for a Disney trip, when I'm already counting down the days haha. However, when I told him today that it was under 200 days, he seemed a little more interested than normal And he immediately agreed to go to the Be Our Guest restaurant and said it looked "really cool", so I think we're in business now haha
Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #36
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elishakaylen View Post
Hope he gets excited when we get there, which I am sure he will. But right now he just rolls his time every time i meantion it and talk about the plans.
Quit talking about it. Seriously. Just make plans and know that he will LOVE it once there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
I just wanted to updated everyone! He said yes and we are going in march. Hos only request, he gets to see menus before I book adrs!
Excellent. . .Now, don't book every meal. Let some of them be spontaneous. There are some restaurants that you can get last minute ressies in or do a walk up without any issues. Several that I can think of off the top of my head are. . .Tokyo Dining, Big River Grille on the Boardwalk, Nine Dragons in China, the restaurant in Morocco (can't remember the name), Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom, Tony's Town Square Restaurant at MK, nearly all the restaurants at DTD and the Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS. There are also several bars that you can sit at and enjoy a full menu. My favorite is Tune Inn Lounge with a menu from 50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios.

Take it easy on the "over the top" Disney stuff and let him dictate your touring style while on vacation. It will go much better if you let him decide when to get out of bed and when to go back to the hotel. Enjoy your trip. . .cannot wait to hear how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
LOL that sounds like me...I found out all the places he could buy Coors Light, and told him that Garden Grocer will deliver it to the hotel for us. I also planned 2 days at US/IOA because he loves comic book/superhero stuff.

I think what really sold him is when I FINALLY admitted that there are some useful apps...I told him we have to look at getting international rates put on his IPhone for that month so we can use the wait time and restaurant menu apps. I told him that would save us alot of time walking around from ride to ride trying to find one with a short line/quick FP return time. Plus, he smokes, so I told him he could choose his supper or his next ride from the DSA haha

Its odd to have to "prep" someone so much for a Disney trip, when I'm already counting down the days haha. However, when I told him today that it was under 200 days, he seemed a little more interested than normal And he immediately agreed to go to the Be Our Guest restaurant and said it looked "really cool", so I think we're in business now haha
Oh girl, I get that. I met my BF on Match.com. After a couple times talking on the phone, we decided to meet. He picked Epcot because he knew, after long conversations, that I loved Disney and anything WDW. I showed him Epcot from my point of view and we talked, had an awesome dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel and went on to enjoy Illuminations and head to DTD after Epcot closed. Our date went on far into the night.

I am still with him today (Its been nearly a year and a half) and we are both Annual Passholders. He is the love of my life and, even though he is from Florida and had lived in the Orlando area for a VERY LONG time, was not a Disney enthusiast till I showed him how to have fun at Disney. We don't ever commando, and he likes to sleep in. If I want to go to rope drop when there, I don't make him come. I let him sleep in and he meets me later. . .its awesome. . .I get the best and don't deal with a man who prefers sleep to rope drop. . .lol. I know you all get that.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #37
NightStar
Earning My Ears

I also had to do a lot of convincing to get my DFi to go again. Part of his resistance was my fault. The last two times we went were only one day stints and we only visited MK. He thought that was all there is to offer and that the other parks were exactly like that. I became determined to prove him wrong. I told him about the Exotic Driving Experience at WDW speedway. He got all excited about driving a Ferrari (a childhood dream) so he told me to book the trip after that lol . We are going for 7 nights in Dec. He keeps getting excited about all the signature restaurants, drinking around the world in Epcot, cirque du soleil la nouba, going on Star Tours and the safari at AK. I am really trying to plan this trip with him in mind. I keep trying to find little things we can do that are right up his alley. I hope after this trip he will become a Disney addict.

May 2013- 1st ever Star Wars Weekend and DVC stay
December 2012- Engagement Celebration at Wilderness Lodge
June 2012- My parents treat their 3 kids in their late 20’s for a week in WDW!!
December 2011- Our one day visit to the Magic Kingdom
July 2010- Our First trip together to Magic Kingdom
2004- Family Trip to DisneyLand
1989-1998- Too many WDW trips to count!
NightStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: