Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh View Post
I have no other words for what is bolded other than...disgusting.

Star Wars is ok I guess, but I don't think it should be the main theme of DHS. In fact, I'd probably go less than I do now. A smallish Star Wars themed section, sure...but having a giant Vader/Luke take the place of Sorcerer Mickey's Hat? I highly doubt that would happen. They can stick that in the Star Wars section, but don't replace Mickey's hat with that.

Why would they make Monster's Inc. Land and Toy Story Land? Wouldn't they just expand the Pixar Studio's area they have now?

Let's just say...I'm definitely not holding my breath about this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faldred View Post
Agreed. Move the hat outside the gates, maybe, but replace it with nothing, at least not structurally. It just blocks the viewlines, and DHS doesn't need a "park center icon", especially if it's going to get in the way of eventual expansion by becoming off-center.

I agree as well. I would like to see the hat moved to outside the gates and not replaced inside. There is no need for a "central" icon in DHS since it is not as symmetrically designed like the other 3 parks. I also preferred the Earful Tower as the "icon", but I'm okay with the hat.

The other ideas overall sound good, but I also don't want Star Wars as the main player in DHS. I would much rather Pixar be the most prominent presence.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Where can I sign up to get Disney surveys about this park stuff? I know they need our input.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
The other ideas overall sound good, but I also don't want Star Wars as the main player in DHS. I would much rather Pixar be the most prominent presence.
Personally, I wouldn't stress one over the other. There should be a Pixar Land and a Star Wars Land, each holding their own on their own merits. I've heard some talk of expanding the Muppets area somewhat, too, though I don't hold out much hope for that. That still leaves an entire half of the park to dedicate to silver screen, small screen, and stage. (Though perhaps a section devoted to music/radio would be nice, too.)

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadrwilntwrmickyears View Post
By 2015, Hollywood Studios will have a complete refurbishment. They are going to have 7 worlds in the park, just like Universal does. The Star Wars deal was the key to this refurbishment. The only worlds I know of will be the much rumored Cars World, Monstors Inc World, Oddity World, Toy Story World and the number 1 world, Star Wars World.

Star Wars will look exactly like tatooine. They will even have a restaurant that will feature that alien band, that plays that one song over and over again in the movie, where Obi and Luke look for Han Solo. The restaurant will have several animatronic type characters, that we have seen in the movie, along will Hans sitting at the table with Greedo.

This is all due to a study done in 2011-2012. They looked into guests staying in the resorts with at least a 7-day park hopper. What Disney found out is that everyone goes to Magic Kingdom and Epcott several times on their trip. Followed by Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios being the least favored park. It was found that more than 35% of guests with a 7-day park hopper will only go to Hollywood Studios 1 time during their stay.

This Star Wars deal was in the process at the time of the Star Tours refurbishment. Thats why now, we see so many Star Wars Characters. They new the deal was going to get done and thats why they were able to announce the release date so quickly, of Star Wars episode 7 in 2015, which will be two months after the Star Wars World is complete.

Along with other refurbishment plans, The hat is definetly a goner.YEAH! I hate that thing. From what I hear, there has been a 2 year development of the Hat's replacement that is nearly finished. I was told it of course will be something to do with Star Wars. Most Likely a huge replica of Vader fighting Luke. Bad and I would rather keep the hat.

Oddity World sounds like it will be very interesting, It will be near the Tower of Terror with perhaps Hitchcocks crazy themes. I hope they find a better name for it than Oddity World because it just sounds wrong. Areosmith ride will be changed as well and renamed. Boo. I like it as it is.

Monstors inc will look exactly like the set of the film, with a thrill ride roller coaster being added.Cool. From the moment I saw the door sequence in the movie I thought it would make a good coaster.

From what I hear, Muppets and a few other places will be relocated to other parks to make room for each of these huge worlds. Where would they put The Muppets? They make absolutely no sense anywhere else. The Great Movie Ride, The Car Stunt Show and Backlot tour will be eliminated. With whats coming in, those will not be missed at all. I will be sad if The Great Movie Ride goes. The others I don't care about. All of the new worlds will have huge animatronic characters that will pretty much put Universal Studios to shame. ?

Lastly, Magic Kingdom is not done being renovated. Big time rumor has it that Stitch is a goner. That ride is going to be some sort of star wars walking conveyor type ride. A free flowing line like the TTA, but instead of sitting in cars, you will stand on a conveyor. It may be a tour of all the planets talked about in the Star Wars movie, or it might be a type of Great Movie Ride, with scenes from all the movies and secrets about the upcoming stories. I'm OK with this but since Star Wars was in set Long, Long Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away I'm not sure how it fits in Tomorrowland.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

^^^ I second those RED comments ^^^
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
Disflyer
Mouseketeer

I don’t know, the whole thing sounds so amateurish. One would think with a name like “Hollywood Studios” they would focus more on specific genres of films and not just two or three films themselves. I would be more apt to give credence to everything if the idea was to have a “thriller/mystery”, “Sci-fi”, or “cartoon” areas of the park.

And I completely agree with pp that a statue of Darth and Luke would just make me sick. This whole thing to cater or brand a park to one specific demographic or fan-boy completely goes in the face of every intention that Disney developed; a place where all, young and old, could enjoy themselves. I am a fan of the galaxy but would hate seeing something like this. Not just for the complete eyesore that I think it would be but for the total disregard of the Disney idea, nothing says "you are not welcome here if you don't like Star Wars" quite like this in my opinion. Now I know it can be argued that little things like this happen all over WDW already but I would counter that it hasn't happened to anything on a scale like this rumor and so obvious to boot!

Ok I am done, carry on.

P.S. I know this is the rumor board...
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disflyer View Post
I don’t know, the whole thing sounds so amateurish. One would think with a name like “Hollywood Studios” they would focus more on specific genres of films and not just two or three films themselves. I would be more apt to give credence to everything if the idea was to have a “thriller/mystery”, “Sci-fi”, or “cartoon” areas of the park.

And I completely agree with pp that a statue of Darth and Luke would just make me sick. This whole thing to cater or brand a park to one specific demographic or fan-boy completely goes in the face of every intention that Disney developed; a place where all, young and old, could enjoy themselves. I am a fan of the galaxy but would hate seeing something like this. Not just for the complete eyesore that I think it would be but for the total disregard of the Disney idea, nothing says "you are not welcome here if you don't like Star Wars" quite like this in my opinion. Now I know it can be argued that little things like this happen all over WDW already but I would counter that it hasn't happened to anything on a scale like this rumor and so obvious to boot!

Ok I am done, carry on.

P.S. I know this is the rumor board...
And I will carry on...haha
Thanks for the responses on this thread. I am glad to see some opinions sort of like mine in response to the post with all that info about what will happen to HS. And yeah, have HS flooded with Star Wars all over the park especially when you enter, is, imo, not good. If they want to have some giant figures of Darth and Luke near the "new" Star Wars World, Land, whatever thats fine. But its not the focal point of HS!!

Ok I am done, again! for now.
ME DW
Old 11-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadrwilntwrmickyears View Post
By 2015, Hollywood Studios will have a complete refurbishment. They are going to have 7 worlds in the park, just like Universal does. The Star Wars deal was the key to this refurbishment. The only worlds I know of will be the much rumored Cars World, Monstors Inc World, Oddity World, Toy Story World and the number 1 world, Star Wars World.

Star Wars will look exactly like tatooine. They will even have a restaurant that will feature that alien band, that plays that one song over and over again in the movie, where Obi and Luke look for Han Solo. The restaurant will have several animatronic type characters, that we have seen in the movie, along will Hans sitting at the table with Greedo.

This is all due to a study done in 2011-2012. They looked into guests staying in the resorts with at least a 7-day park hopper. What Disney found out is that everyone goes to Magic Kingdom and Epcott several times on their trip. Followed by Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios being the least favored park. It was found that more than 35% of guests with a 7-day park hopper will only go to Hollywood Studios 1 time during their stay.

This Star Wars deal was in the process at the time of the Star Tours refurbishment. Thats why now, we see so many Star Wars Characters. They new the deal was going to get done and thats why they were able to announce the release date so quickly, of Star Wars episode 7 in 2015, which will be two months after the Star Wars World is complete.

Along with other refurbishment plans, The hat is definetly a goner. From what I hear, there has been a 2 year development of the Hat's replacement that is nearly finished. I was told it of course will be something to do with Star Wars. Most Likely a huge replica of Vader fighting Luke.

Oddity World sounds like it will be very interesting, It will be near the Tower of Terror with perhaps Hitchcocks crazy themes. Areosmith ride will be changed as well and renamed.

Monstors inc will look exactly like the set of the film, with a thrill ride roller coaster being added.

From what I hear, Muppets and a few other places will be relocated to other parks to make room for each of these huge worlds. The Great Movie Ride, The Car Stunt Show and Backlot tour will be eliminated. With whats coming in, those will not be missed at all. All of the new worlds will have huge animatronic characters that will pretty much put Universal Studios to shame.

Lastly, Magic Kingdom is not done being renovated. Big time rumor has it that Stitch is a goner. That ride is going to be some sort of star wars walking conveyor type ride. A free flowing line like the TTA, but instead of sitting in cars, you will stand on a conveyor. It may be a tour of all the planets talked about in the Star Wars movie, or it might be a type of Great Movie Ride, with scenes from all the movies and secrets about the upcoming stories.
Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you the first Disney bus driver to join the forums

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you the first Disney bus driver to join the forums

We may find out how credible the source is in as little as ~5 weeks since credible sources have been saying big announcements on Dec 6. They'd pretty much have to announce it and get started then to get anything done by 2015. Seems to me Disney needs to add rides at some of the parks if they are implementing a FP+ reservation system.

Last edited by Q-man; 11-01-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where would they put The Muppets? They make absolutely no sense anywhere else.
Did, Honey I Shrunk the Kids make any sense at Epcot in FW? What is futuristic about Nemo? Put The Muppets in the Journey into the Imagination building and you've got another kid friendly attraction in the park that gets the most criticism for lacking kid stuff.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Every rumor about DHS expansions was made null and void on October 30. If there was any knowledge of the Lucasfilm purchase within Imagineering, it was only at the highest levels. Every single thing discussed prior to 10/30 is now on hold while they factor in open availability of the entire Star Wars universe.

That's not to say elements of prior plans won't see the light of day. BatB could eventually be replaced by Tangled. The Monster's Inc coaster may finally be approved. But it's going to take them a few months sort everything out and decide how best to spend the money.

A week ago, Cars Land looked like the path of least resistance from multiple points of view (design work done, merchandise opportunities, proven winner.)

Today it would be insane to spend $700 million on a Cars Land clone when all of that money could go toward unique Star Wars content.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Did, Honey I Shrunk the Kids make any sense at Epcot in FW? What is futuristic about Nemo? Put The Muppets in the Journey into the Imagination building and you've got another kid friendly attraction in the park that gets the most criticism for lacking kid stuff.
Yeah they didn't make sense there, so why follow poor logic and continue to misplace things...

As for this whole "master plan" deal being described, I just can't see it happening. There's a few clear future builds being prepped at DHS, but almost none of the things listed are true, let alone plausible.

Actually, I just read the whole thread, and the "master plan" just seems like a troll... move along.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh View Post
I have no other words for what is bolded other than...disgusting.
That's EXACTLY what I said out loud when I read that. I mean, really? The whole point of Hollywood Blvd. (I'm pretty sure that's the main street) is to put you back in the golden age of Hollywood. The buildings and their architecture are designed after buildings that stood in the true Hollywood at one time or another.

I'm fine with Star Wars being in the Studios. What I'm not fine with is is being the first thing you see when you walk in. I honestly think that Disney should just can the hat and give us back that amazing view of the Chinese Theater. THAT is what the Studios is about.

And when I got to that part of the post, I stopped reading. Please tell us vadrwilntwrmickyears, are you a secret WDW bus driver? Custodian perhaps?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Good points.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
jgh
Peter Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodrocksluver View Post

And when I got to that part of the post, I stopped reading. Please tell us vadrwilntwrmickyears, are you a secret WDW bus driver? Custodian perhaps?
I really hope so. I don't really like this "plan" for DHS...

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: