Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How will Disney's acquisition of LucasFilm affect imagineering?
Replace Pandora and Avatar with Kashyyyk and Star Wars, and issue the press release. 46 54.12%
Finally, a Tomorrowland theme that won't go stale in 5 years! 21 24.71%
Forget that Tangled show, we're going with Star Wars: The Musical at Disney's Hollywood Studios. 1 1.18%
Illuminations is too old. That globe's now a Death Star, blown up every night at 9:25. 16 18.82%
Of course the Mos Eisley Cantina serves alcohol! It's essential to the theme. 27 31.76%
Just copy whatever they do in Tokyo. I want it to be perfect. 5 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
GrtWtNorth
DIS Veteran

Silly poll about Lucasfilm acquisition.

How do you think the Lucasfilm acquisition will impact the Disney Parks?
GrtWtNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Personally I would love an upgrade to the theme in Tomorrowland - right now screams "70's- 80's" you know Buck Rogers TV show and what not. I love what they did at Disneyland Paris with the Jules Verne theme/steam punk era. Maybe Star Wars could help out Tomorrowland at WDW! I'd love it!!!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Faldred
DIS Veteran

My $0.02: This isn't going to affect DAK or MK at all. Any Star Wars expansions will be in DHS -- it fits and the park can use the extra attractions.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

It's not going to change anyhting, other than to expand the parks and open up additional attractions.

TPH

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
coloneldebugger
Mouseketeer

It certainly opens the doors to freshen up some elements of the parks. Depending on 70 year old princesses isn't a great business plan. It's strange to me how my kids love all the princesses and fairies, but they have no interest in watching the movies.
coloneldebugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby View Post
It's not going to change anyhting, other than to expand the parks and open up additional attractions.

TPH
Well that and merchandising. :P
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Well that and merchandising. :P
Every attraction must end in a gist shop! Muh ha ha ha

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I voted for replacing Pandora with Kashyyyk, The Cantina, and TDL (they get all the cool toys )

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Blowing up the Death Star in the middle of the lagoon is probably the only thing that would get us to watch Illuminations again.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

Given they already have a sort-of Endor in DHS, expansion of that has to be a sure thing??

Forget Carsland for DHS, how about speeder-bikes along the lines of the tron ride at ??tokyo?? Maybe a Millenium Falcon walk-thru?

Even better. have Jar-Jar sit atop the Death-Star-IllumiNations re-do, then he gets Killed Off EVERY NIGHT.

consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Personally I would love an upgrade to the theme in Tomorrowland - right now screams "70's- 80's" you know Buck Rogers TV show and what not. I love what they did at Disneyland Paris with the Jules Verne theme/steam punk era. Maybe Star Wars could help out Tomorrowland at WDW! I'd love it!!!
The Original Florida Tomorrowland screamed 70's.... The redesign in the mid-90's actually worked for me with it's whole "Tomorrow that never was" theme....

...The problem is that since the mid-90's redesign, They've ripped out and replaced most of the attractions and other items which helped make the theme cohesive, or even explained. (Such as the Convention Center with the Timekeeper.... or the Chamber Of Commerce with it's exhibit featuring XS Tech... Or even the whole Metro Retro Society with it's presentation of the Carousel of Progress (Beyond the quick mention on the WEDWAY)

The Pixar-fication of Tomorrowland has helped, IMHO, to destroy any remnants of Tomorrow from Tomorrowland.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile ~Other....

~Where is the "Replace Fantasmic! with a brand new, exciting, action packed "Star Wars" themed show" option! That's my pick!

~Also, I think it is a fabulous idea for Avatar to be in AK & Star Wars to be expanded upon in DHS, there is no reason why Pandora would need to be "replaced". Star Wars is not a good fit for AK, the two franchises can coexist beautifully in each park, and I think it is a genius strategy.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Orreed
Olivia

Replace Pandora and Avatar with Kashyyyk and Star Wars, and issue the press release. - Perfect! Plus add the Cantina there too.

Although this will most likely not happen, I think it would be ideal.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumermonkey View Post
Even better. have Jar-Jar sit atop the Death-Star-IllumiNations re-do, then he gets Killed Off EVERY NIGHT.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The Original Florida Tomorrowland screamed 70's.... The redesign in the mid-90's actually worked for me with it's whole "Tomorrow that never was" theme....

...The problem is that since the mid-90's redesign, They've ripped out and replaced most of the attractions and other items which helped make the theme cohesive, or even explained. (Such as the Convention Center with the Timekeeper.... or the Chamber Of Commerce with it's exhibit featuring XS Tech... Or even the whole Metro Retro Society with it's presentation of the Carousel of Progress (Beyond the quick mention on the WEDWAY)

The Pixar-fication of Tomorrowland has helped, IMHO, to destroy any remnants of Tomorrow from Tomorrowland.
I agree here for the most part so I don't agree with flooding Tomorrowland with Star Wars stuff. Now if they put a ride Star Wars related in there, maybe. They have Star Tours at DL in there. Related to your Pixar deal. I like the Monsters Laugh Floor but its not in the right spot. The best thing is to expand HS and make a Star Wars Land like they did with Cars at DCA. Have some rides, restaurants, and shows. Matches up great!
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: