Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #26
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

Day 3, Part 2- US

So after our hour long power nap, we made sure we had everything for HHN ready to go! Since our window looked over the park we could also see when the boats left or arrived. One of us would watch out for it and as soon as we saw it leave that was our “we need to be out the door in 5 minutes” cue. It helped at times like this when we were feeling sluggish!

Once we arrived at the docks, we walked over to Universal and were again greeted by all the HHN decorations. I was actually getting more excited than scared for it!

orlando 085

The whole time we had kept forgetting to get my birthday button, so we finally did that. We also told the lady we had just gotten engaged and she made us buttons for that too!

orlando 093

We made our way to Despicable Me. I really liked this movie and had been hearing great things about the ride so I was really excited for it.

orlando 096

I love the holding room, the little minions are hilarious! Once the ride was over we heard them say to enjoy the dance party and were so confused, but sure enough there was dance party! Loved it! Well done Universal!

orlando 100

We had to go over and explore the other side of Universal where Terminator was, so that was our next stop. On the way we were looking at the stars and saw Marilyn Monroe! I was cracking up over how she was interacting with the male guests who were trying to take her picture. We made it Terminator and the show was good. I haven’t seen any of the movies though… that probably would have helped! The entire time though my contact in one eye was bothering me so much! I had taken them out during our nap to give my eyes a rest, but obviously that didn’t work. It was around 2:45 at this point and we figured this was the only time I was going to be able to get to the hotel, get my glasses and get back in time for our 4 o clock reservation at Finnegan’s. So off we went back to RPR…

The whole trip took about 45 minutes and made it to Finnegan’s with about 10 min to spare.

orlando 155

I thought it would be busier, there were plenty of tables available. We were seated and given that delicious bread I had been hearing so much about!

orlando 139

We both ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and went over our HHN plans we had discussed with the employee we met. We got our food which was so delicious! Especially the fries!

orlando 145

About this time they were checking people in and handing out wristbands and maps. Another tip we had learned from the employee was to text “tonight” to 64646 and you got house wait times every thirty minutes. LOVED this tip! I believe it has it on the HHN guide map they were handing out. We paid our bill, and headed outside to the holding area and stood right in front of the Finnegan’s door waiting for the release!

LMichelleee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: