Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
monique5
DVC - BLT

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom_noite View Post
I love everyone's thoughts - and - within a year / 5 years we can go back and revisit this thread. My opinion is this: WDW is looking to make money on this. I have worked with (not for) them! Am not saying it could / should / will backfire - it certainly may! But, there is green envisioned at the end of this rainbow (In there Humble Opinion)!

They ARE A BUSINESS! Walt and his Utopian vision went out the door 40 years ago! They make capital expenditures not to make our lives easier - they do it for profit! And, that is the question you have to answer: How do they profit from this expenditure? We are all just trying to figure out where that profit comes from!

They are spending Kajillion's on this project - and - the guys in Cali do not say: "Ok, here is a Kajillion - I certainly hope our customers like it!"! They say: "Tell me how long until I make 2 Kajillion on my 1 Kajillion investment?".

Could be: Increased Occupancy (DVC and Cash Property)? Note: Which also means more shopping / dining.
Could be: Increased Ticket Sales?
Could be: Increased Ticket Prices?
Will not be: Value to Customer - unless that brings increased Occupancy, Sales or Prices.

The profit motive, IMHO, must be: Increased DVC sales, more hotel occupancy, increased AP Tix sales. To that end, it will be made available to those staying on property or buying an AP!

While I could be totally wrong - I know them well enough to say that they do not invest Green Money without a Green return!
I totally agree. It is for a profit and along the way we create some fantastic memories/family vacation.

It is not cool waiting in lines for over an hour with a kid. Universal is making tons a money. You pay more to stay onsite, but you can go to the front of the line on almost all of the rides. Same there with seasons: certain times of year you can ride 5 times in a row with no wait and sometimes you may wait 5-25 minutes. Their parks open early for guests and you use your room key for front of the line access. USF also has meal plans with gratuity included, movies & a meal deal and on-site transportation. Now USF will come to a Disney resort and pick you up to go stay at their hotels. Profit, profit, profits. They're adding value hotels too. I understand that everyone wants the same perks (sometimes) and I kn
ow that everyone has different budgets. That's the way of life. However, if you are paying 3K - 6K for your vacation, you should have some additional perks.
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: