Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #451
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbschafer View Post
Thank you EVERYONE. You don't know (or maybe you do) how much better it can make someone feel just to know that there are some folks out there listening to your troubles and feeling your pain even if for just a little bit. DD is a rockstar. When we sat her down to talk to her on Friday night there were tears obviously (from all of us). But Saturday afternoon she and my wife did a little bit of reading on the internet and when they were done she turned to my wife and said "Don't worry mom. I'm going to be just fine."

We will learn from her strength.
That courage and attitude will serve her well in life.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #452
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

To give you an update, DW is able to chaperone oldest dd for her Washington DC school trip. I know lots of kids go every year without a parent from here and everything goes well, but I just feel safer with DW being there. Thanks for the prayers.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #453
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
To give you an update, DW is able to chaperone oldest dd for her Washington DC school trip. I know lots of kids go every year without a parent from here and everything goes well, but I just feel safer with DW being there. Thanks for the prayers.
Good news. I'm sure you'll sleep better knowing DW is there.
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #454
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:
Good news. I would feel the same.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #455
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Good to hear Norm. You have my number, if they need anything while there.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #456
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Good to hear Norm. You have my number, if they need anything while there.
Yes, I do and will use it if needed. From what I have been told, they rent out all the rooms on one floor of a hotel and hire security to stay at the stair exit(s) and elevator(s) and children are not allowed outside their rooms. And, other guests aren't permitted on their floor. Again, makes me feel better, but I am still glad DW will be there. And, I'm glad to know someone else nearby if needed.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #457
jbschafer
Mouseketeer

An update

Just an update to let you all know that it took about six weeks but we had a truly dedicated doctor and a great HR staffer at my work who have been dogging the insurance company for the past six weeks and we just found out today that they have finally approved payment on DD's medications for the next 6 months. We will have to fight them again, but it is a start. She has been responding very well to the last six weeks of what they had approved and I am becoming an expert in at-home injections. We will start the taper and swap out from the stop-gap drugs to the main drugs this weekend.

SO... while we are all celebrating THANKSgiving tomorrow I will be a little extra thankful for the great medical care and solid insurance coverage (even if we have to fight them) that is keeping my daughter with us this year! (Well, that and the fact we have a bit over three weeks on our next trip countdown.)
Me - Ben (DISDad #662) , DW , DD12 , DD9 , and DS5

12/1974, 12/1977, 12/1980, 12/1983, 12/1986, 10/1994, 7/1999 - Off Property, 6/2008 - POP and OP, 8/2010 - POP, 12/2011 - POP, 12/2012 - POP, 6/2013 - DL(OP)
jbschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #458
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Just an update to let you all know that it took about six weeks but we had a truly dedicated doctor and a great HR staffer at my work who have been dogging the insurance company for the past six weeks and we just found out today that they have finally approved payment on DD's medications for the next 6 months. We will have to fight them again, but it is a start. She has been responding very well to the last six weeks of what they had approved and I am becoming an expert in at-home injections. We will start the taper and swap out from the stop-gap drugs to the main drugs this weekend.

SO... while we are all celebrating THANKSgiving tomorrow I will be a little extra thankful for the great medical care and solid insurance coverage (even if we have to fight them) that is keeping my daughter with us this year! (Well, that and the fact we have a bit over three weeks on our next trip countdown.)
Glad to hear that things are headed in the right direction and envious of your upcoming trip!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #459
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:

That is good news this Thanksgiving.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #460
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Another update. My Inlaws, who had th house fire, were able to move back in their house for Thanksgiving. They didn't cook there as they travelled to other family members, but they were thankful to be back home. Thanks for the prayers.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 11-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #461
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Another update. My Inlaws were able to move back in their house for Thanksgiving. They didn't cook there as they travelled to other family members, but they were thankful to be back home. Thanks for the prayers.
Glad everything worked out

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #462
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:

Quote:
Another update. My Inlaws, who had th house fire, were able to move back in their house for Thanksgiving. They didn't cook there as they travelled to other family members, but they were thankful to be back home. Thanks for the prayers.
Puts things in perspective. Glad things are looking up guys.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #463
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Good news...our neighbor next to the vacation home () called and said that the power company was through and cut down a tree that I had wanted removed for about the last 9 years. Glad it was hanging over the wires. Saved me over $1500 if I don't get a bill for it.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #464
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Good news...our neighbor next to the vacation home () called and said that the power company was through and cut down a tree that I had wanted removed for about the last 9 years. Glad it was hanging over the wires. Saved me over $1500 if I don't get a bill for it.
crossing fingers for no bill!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #465
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Hooe they don't send you in a bill in the mail. But, at least the tree is gone.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Tags
faith, praise, prayer, request

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: