Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Southern California
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
scrapshappen
Mouseketeer

Endeavour and El Capitan on the same day?

We have an extra day after Disneyland, Friday, November 30 to fill in the LA area and were thinking of trying to go see the Space Shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center and Wreck-It Ralph at the El Capitan in Hollywood. The trick is, we need to get to Las Vegas that night to start our trip home.

I can get reservations for the Endeavour at 10 and the Movie at 1 but does that give us enough time at Science Center? We have been there once, but it was about seven years ago and our son was only 2 at the time.

Would it be better to see the 10 am showing of Wreck-It Ralph and then do the Science Center after at like 2?
scrapshappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

We spent about 3 hours at the Science Center last July with 3 kids ages 7-13. We didn't get to do everything but sampled most everything. If you are trying to spend time at the Endeavor, most of the science center, and drive the 20 minutes to Hollywood before 1, I think you won't get to see a lot.

I think I'd do the movie and then the science center, that way your time there is open-ended -- if you're having fun you can choose to make it a longer/later day, if you're getting antsy to leave you can finish whenever.

Plus my experience with most "science center type places" is that the field trips come in the morning and through lunch but then clear out quite a bit, so you may have smaller crowds in the afternoon. Where's my Fastpass?

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: