Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #331
Agent7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos1010 View Post
Hi , i have an interview tomorrow. Reading though this thread has helped me a ton. I was wondering what was the average age group of the CP's ? Im 22, is that too old?
A few days late but I'm 22! And we had the interview on the same day!
Agent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #332
Allibelle33
Just one of Tink's little Bells

One more week!

SO I've made it through week one of waiting please let this next week go by super fast. However I do have a question. I'm signed up for Spring advantage second session but I won't get out of school til May does that mean I'm ineligible? Im just doing an internship spring tri and an online class so i may be allowed to get away with leaving early but i'm worried

1994-Off Property, 1998-Wilderness Lodge, 2003-All Star Movies/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2005- Port Orleans French Quarter, 2009- Port Orleans Riverside, 2010- Yacht Club!!
Allibelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #333
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

My interview lasted 13 minutes.. I didn't know if that was a good sign or a bad one, so I was nervous all week until I heard back from DCP.

At least in my interview, I didn't get asked any tough questions. Mostly about my work experience and how I would handle situations, and also where I preferred to work (inside or outside). Other than that she just asked why I wanted to do the program, and in my opinion, it's better to have a lame reason why that is honest, than saying something about the parks as a whole. I talked about how when I went I was always trading pins with CMs, and I wanted to be able to be on the other end of the stick and make someone as happy as I remember feeling when I got mine. She liked that answer and said it was a good example.

Just be honest in your interview, because if you're not and they think you are, you could be placed somewhere that they think you would be good in based on what you said, which really was a lie, so you could end up really unhappy.
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #334
Carlos1010
Earning My Ears

Talking Accepted

Arrive in Orlando Feb 4 2013. Quick food & beverage.
Carlos1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #335
Carlos1010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent7 View Post
A few days late but I'm 22! And we had the interview on the same day!
Did you get in?
Carlos1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #336
ZacharySeptimus
Earning My Ears

Can we talk for a minute about how Fall 2013 applications open in less than two months?

I'm already so nervous and excited; I've been waiting for this for years and it finally feels so close. This thread has been really helpful in calming my nerves, so thanks everyone for that!
ZacharySeptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #337
GiJohnsGirl
Mouseketeer

Do you know the exact date they open it up? I know it is vaguely Jan, but has the specific date been announced?

Sept 2010 ASMovies
Jan 2012 Pop
July 2012 Art of Animation
April 2013 Pop Adults only trip
June 2013 Dream First DCL!
GiJohnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #338
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

It's the first week of february.

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #339
psherman42
Mouseketeer

It was actually January the last two years.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #340
ZacharySeptimus
Earning My Ears

The post here: disneyprogramsblog (dot) com/?p=4500 gives February as the time to apply for Fall 2013.

(Sorry, I can't post links, apparently)
ZacharySeptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #341
candlehead
Earning My Ears

So I just scheduled my phone interview! Feb 24, so I've got a while to prepare and be unnecessarily nervous about it, haha. I've applied twice before for DCP but never got this far before. I'm really excited! Last night I was up really late reading through this thread and writing down practice answers for some of the questions. I'm so so so thankful that others have been willing to share and help with this, because otherwise I don't think I'd be as prepared as I should be. I have the answers in me, I just don't always think of a way to articulate them the way I'd want on the spot.
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #342
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
So I just scheduled my phone interview! Feb 24, so I've got a while to prepare and be unnecessarily nervous about it, haha. I've applied twice before for DCP but never got this far before. I'm really excited! Last night I was up really late reading through this thread and writing down practice answers for some of the questions. I'm so so so thankful that others have been willing to share and help with this, because otherwise I don't think I'd be as prepared as I should be. I have the answers in me, I just don't always think of a way to articulate them the way I'd want on the spot.
This is definitely my favourite thread by far! I've found that reading through the questions and answering them as they apply to me make things a bit more focused.

Anna, if the concern is articulating the answers on the spot you could always write a few notes, just not to the point that you would be scripting them. I made my key points relevant on my notes, and that's what I emphasize upon.

If in doubt, you could always just reply "That's a really, good question! I'd like a moment to consider it completely."

You've got it in you! *high five*

I'd also highly recommend checking out Kate's Phone Interview Tips!

Let me know if you need any more advice!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #343
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe

Anna, if the concern is articulating the answers on the spot you could always write a few notes, just not to the point that you would be scripting them. I made my key points relevant on my notes, and that's what I emphasize upon.

If in doubt, you could always just reply "That's a really, good question! I'd like a moment to consider it completely."

You've got it in you! *high five*

I'd also highly recommend checking out Kate's Phone Interview Tips! [link omitted because user candlehead is a noob and isn't allowed to post or even quote links yet]

Let me know if you need any more advice!

Have a Magical Day!
Oh, I will definitely have some notes to look at. Thanks for all the tips! I don't even think I could write a script if i wanted to, haha. "That's a really good question, could I have a moment to think about it?" I'll start practicing that line right now. :P

I will also be checking out Kate's tips ASAP!

Everyone's so helpful and it's just so lovely. ^__^

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #344
mpetras1
Earning My Ears

I have my interview tomorrow for my second DCP! I am so incredibly nervous because this is my LAST CHANCE to do it again (I am graduating in May). It was the best experience of my life and I hope I get in! Has anyone here applied before and is going for it again?

So excited/nervous/anxious for tomorrow!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #345
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetras1 View Post
I have my interview tomorrow for my second DCP! I am so incredibly nervous because this is my LAST CHANCE to do it again (I am graduating in May). It was the best experience of my life and I hope I get in! Has anyone here applied before and is going for it again?

So excited/nervous/anxious for tomorrow!
I'm in the same exact situation, only I did my CP a year earlier than you. Graduating in April and it's my last chance, so I'm so nervous! I'm so glad this thread is here so I can prepare as much as possible since it has been 3 years since I applied last and I've forgotten some of the questions I was asked. (And I put emphasis on wanting different roles this time around since I ended up meeting people who really enjoyed roles that I thought I didn't want last time, like Character Attendant.)

Good luck on your interview!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: