Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
I really don't think it's going to actually work out the way people are predicting. That's just inconceivable... WDW would upset thousands, maybe millions by requiring them to schedule the rides they want months in advance. Surely it is going to be a pretty small percentage of guests who actually utilize the FP+ in that way. Also, are you going to have to have already purchased your ticket(s) for the days you are scheduling? If so, I'd say that the numbers of FP+ users will drop even further; if not, there will be a lot of people who probably won't even show for the days/times they have scheduled.
Maybe.

But people said largely the same things concerning Disney's restructured ADR system, which allowed ADR's 180 days in advance.

If there's one thing Disney has learned...it's there's enough "obsessive" planners (and I count myself amongst them) to support these types of systems. Witness how quickly hard to get ADR's disappear at 180 days. Witness how quickly special events, able to be booked at 180 days, book up.

The demand is obviously there for this type of system for OTHER things. And if you're only offering a set number of FP's, amongst a few different categories of experiences...I think you'll find people are willing to buy in (figuratively, though maybe literally as well).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: