Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
MaterializedHaunt
Mouseketeer

Not Single Any More! READ ME!

I am so thrilled to finally announce this! And there is an amazing story behind it!

So I met a girl online who used to work for WDW. I Booked my trip down to see her for 4 days, but 2 days before I was supposed to fly down she backed out. So after a little hesitation I decided to solo it in Disney! I ended up resort hopping and trying different foods and didnt go into the parks because 2 weeks from then I had my family vacation down there for 9 more days.

On day 3 of my 4 day solo trip I decided to go find my family brick at MK, when I found it it was behind some ropes. I asked a CM if he would let me in to take a picture of it and of course I was allowed. I then decided to hop on a monorail to head over to the Polynesian to try a Dole Whip. As I was about to walk up the ramp to catch the monorail I just happened to notice a boat at the dock! I love the boat ride and decided to do it.

On my approach to the boat I notice that captain was very pretty. The boat was fairly empty so I pushed myself to sit up in the front of the boat close to this captain lady. We drove without a word to be spoken to the Floridian. After dropping off those people she said "Hi, how's it going?" and that blossomed into a great conversation on our way to the Poly. As we are pulling up to the dock I am dredding having to get off the boat. The other passengers get off and I hesitantly get off as well behind her. As I am walking she puts the rope back over and turns around to see me standing there. I asked her if she is locking me out and she asked me if Im getting off... I told her I dont want to and that I was enjoying our conversation. She replied with "..well then get back on the boat!"

We ended up driving that boat route 2 times around talking and upon the 3rd arrival to the MK dock another CM was there to let her go on break. So here is the moment where I found the guts to ask her for her number before we go to the dock. She whispered me it and I was totally on !

(I know my story is super long but I love it!)

I txt messaged her and recieved a message later that day. Then it went 4 days without recieving any more messages. So I gave up... and then amazingly I get a response then replied only to go longer without another response! By this time I am obviously home getting ready for my next trip to go down with my family and I wasn't thinking much about this girl since I just didnt think she was interested in me due to lack of any conversations.

So I end up flying down with my family and on my 2nd day I message her again and this time I get timely responses, so I end up asking if she wants to go to lunch before she has to go to work. I get the OK and we meet up and I am blown away by her personality and beauty! Needless to say we hung out alot from then on during that trip. She came with me to a few dinners and lunches with my family and to Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. I fell completely head over heels for her.

She ended up feeling the same way and asked if I wanted to spend more time down there. Long story short (kinda too late for this, I know...) I pushed my air flight back 5 days. We spent the next 2 days at Pop Century and 3 at her house. We had the most amazing time!

I always tell her that that was THE BEST BOAT RIDE EVER!!! No cruise will ever compare to my little ride to the Polynesian.

I feel as though my life has finally started a new chapter and I am so thrilled that it is with her. She is my Minnie Mouse!

EDIT: So my girlfriend was looking at my other posts and came across this. It was written that morning that I met her! It talks about how my solo trip is lonely and I wish I could meet someone special. Little did I know 7 hours from then I would find the love of my life! LonelyPost

Snow White, Cinderella, and Lilo were sitting at a table and Snow White says, "I think my prince is the greatest because he's so charming!"
Cinderella said, "Well, I think my prince is the greatest because he's so handsome!"
Then Lilo stands up and says, "Shut up and order the pizza! I'm hungry!"

Last edited by MaterializedHaunt; 10-13-2012 at 10:11 PM.
MaterializedHaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Congrats bro. Really awesome story. Now, if I can only find my Princess.. Lol
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
stindall
Congress Tart

hey that's really awesome! So glad you found such a wonderful person! You're a cute couple Love that Epcot photo!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
yarlin
Earning My Ears

such a sweet story <3 congrats to both of you,

yarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful story!!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

The only thing better than meeting the love of your life at Disney...is meeting him/her outside of Disney and discovering a mutual love for it together ...one trip at a time. DH and I have been discovering our love for Disney the last 13 trips...he took me for my first trip on our 8th anniversary. We celebrated 18 years last Monday and leave for WDW in 2 weeks.

Wishing you the very best !!
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

awwww, I want a story like that! so cute
Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

How sweet - congratulations!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

Great story! Congratulations on finding someone special at WDW. You really never know where something like that could happen.

I often go down with my family, but there are plenty of "solo" moments where I sometimes wonder whether I should have continued the conversation. Possible "missed connections" abound. (Side note: If the CM who had a conversation with me about a rainy MNSSHP in the gift shop at DHS during a terrible thunderstorm on Friday the 5th sees this, then she should PM me )
Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
MaterializedHaunt
Mouseketeer

Thank everyone for the kind words! My girlfriend just flew in yesterday for a week and half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy_joe View Post
(Side note: If the CM who had a conversation with me about a rainy MNSSHP in the gift shop at DHS during a terrible thunderstorm on Friday the 5th sees this, then she should PM me )
Good luck Joe! Hope she sees it! Would be terrific! Maybe you should head back to MGM for a follow up!

Snow White, Cinderella, and Lilo were sitting at a table and Snow White says, "I think my prince is the greatest because he's so charming!"
Cinderella said, "Well, I think my prince is the greatest because he's so handsome!"
Then Lilo stands up and says, "Shut up and order the pizza! I'm hungry!"
MaterializedHaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I am very super excited for you! Something similar happened to me and my now husband when we actually met in this board on the DIS and then in real life at disney. If you want to check it out go to my wedding planning journal and trip report link in my signature the first few posts introduce us then I tell our story and our proposal story. I hope you like it. It is truly wonderful finding the love of your life at disney.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Such a sweet story! Sending much your way!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Reading this convinced me that I will meet my Princess because of Disney.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran

That is fantastic! Congrats!!!!

Now throw some of that pixie dust my way...
so I can find my prince (Or pirate,lol)!!!!
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: