Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #76
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle
That sounds like a great idea, Hope! The aquarium sounds like they are doing great work and it looks wonderful!
Thanks, Erin! We're all pretty happy with the choice and really looking forward to it.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #77
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

You know, it's not the same responding to something you ALREADY told me about in person! Fantastic idea! I love it!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #78
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl
You know, it's not the same responding to something you ALREADY told me about in person! Fantastic idea! I love it!
I guess I could just quit telling you things. Oh, who am I kidding- that will never happen!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #79
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Hi Hope-

I was following along on yours and Karen's thread awhile ago... and had talked briefly with you about our trip to IOA!!! I'm another big fan of Potter!!! Looking forward to following your report. I dropped off Dis for awhile becasue we just brought home our little girl from China & we are adjusting to our new crazy!

We may just see you in Orlando!!! I have plans (in my mind) of a late Sept/early Oct trip next year for our little girl's 'first' trip to Disney. We will probably end up with a day at IOA again since we LOVE it!

Just a few quick weigh-in's. We've done IOA twice- once at Spring Break and once in June. We stayed onsite both times & it was 100% worth it. But...we went at busy times. And it was worth it for express pass NOT early entry for us (the early entry time was crowded due to everyone going in early and going to one area (Harry Potter)).

I would guess in September you would be fine offsite without the line privledges. I would probably stay off site if it were Sept due to the big cost difference. That also being said- I did really love the Royal Pacific Hotel. It's a nice hotel! (comparable to any deluxe at Disney!)

The Harry Potter Ride with the fanny pack... as someone mentioned, it's a tight fit with the restraints. Like the previous poster- I just kept my cell phone in my pocket and it HURT being pressed against my hip. I honestly don't think I could do that ride with a fanny pack. But maybe I am just a weirdo with having my restraint TOO tight.

I don't even know if this is at all on the table still- but DC. We did it before our oldest was born (she's now 10). It was, hands down, one of the best experiences of our lives. We are waiting till our kids are old enough (all of them) to take them to do it.

**Edited to see that you are doing the rescue place instead which sounds AMAZING!! Me and my kids love that movie!!!! Can't WAIT to see those pics!**

I can't wait to follow your journey & see your pictures (I love your pictures... you are a very good picture taker!)...

Less than a year!! Woo Hoo!!!

Nicole

Last edited by Tinker326; 10-05-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #80
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicole and

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! that is so very exciting.

I hope we're making the right choice staying offsite. It's really what we want and prefer for our overall vacation experience so hopefully it will be okay as far as lines go. The same week at Disney had very few lines so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If push comes to shove we can buy an EP and still come out ahead so I think we'll be okay.

I've noticed with the line app that the early entry wait times aren't all that great so definitely no worries there (thank goodness- we are NOT morning ppl. We only made rope drop once at Disney and that was only to ensure my son got to do JTA. )

You're so sweet to mention my pics. I photography. Stay tuned for some beach pics- we leave in the morning!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #81
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh, and we are VERY excited about Clearwater Marina. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that DC has but I think it's a great choice for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #82
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I know I've been quiet this week but we've been having fun in the sun in Gulf Shores, AL.

We're on our way home now and I'll have a picture filled update for you regarding that trip as well as some new info about the trip to the dark side my mom and I discussed this week.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #84
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl
SELFISHLY happy that you are headed home!!!
And then you'll be leaving me in just a few weeks! We seriously need to coordinate our trips in the future.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #85
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

I LOVE the idea of the Clearwater Marina!

I just returned from my first Universal trip. We stayed onsite for the EP. We NEVER used the early entry - we hung by the pool for hours in the am, and went into the parks after 2pm. Much less crowded. WW of HP is mush nicer post 4pm. Cooler, less crowdeed, and more relaxed. The longest wait for the wand ceremony was 20 minutes, and 30 minutes for FJ. Really nice.

Onsite worked for us because we were there only 2 days and didn't rent a car, plus it was just 2 of us. The offsite sounds perfect for your family!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #86
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I canít wait to hear all about your beach trip!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #87
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
I LOVE the idea of the Clearwater Marina!

I just returned from my first Universal trip. We stayed onsite for the EP. We NEVER used the early entry - we hung by the pool for hours in the am, and went into the parks after 2pm. Much less crowded. WW of HP is mush nicer post 4pm. Cooler, less crowdeed, and more relaxed. The longest wait for the wand ceremony was 20 minutes, and 30 minutes for FJ. Really nice.

Onsite worked for us because we were there only 2 days and didn't rent a car, plus it was just 2 of us. The offsite sounds perfect for your family!
Oooh, details, details! Did you post about it in the Goddess thread??

I keep waffling on this decision because of stuff with my mom- she doesn't want to spend as much time at Universal and if we only have two days instead of 3 the EP might be more important. I really want to do three days and a house/condo offsite but two days might mean at least one night onsite. We'll just have to see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I canít wait to hear all about your beach trip!
One of these days I'm going to get caught back up with real life and recover from this vacation so I can tell you all about it! How about a beach pic to tide you over in the mean time.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #88
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Oh, great family pic!!!

I did not post about it, but i will send you my TR if you want!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #89
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl
Oh, great family pic!!!

I did not post about it, but i will send you my TR if you want!
Thanks, I'm super pleased with it, especially considering I forgot a piece of my tripod and improvised with a hamper.

I'd love to read your TR!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #90
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

That is a beautiful picture of you and your family, Hope! Gorgeous!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: