Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
ChefBuffalo
Addicted to Disney

Well we are officially married! The wedding was absolutely amazing! Cannot believe how fast time flys. I am very glad we decided to wait a few days until we head out on our honeymoon. We are still recovering after 5 days of wedding festivites between out of town guests, family, rehersal, weather, dancing, eating, and all the emotions. We are heading out wednesday and we both need it! Cannot wait for this trip! Thanks for all the great input and advice.
ChefBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
Alice1386
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but don't get your hopes up for anything extra or special to happen... I did, and it put a bit of a damper on our Honeymoon (we were there last week). We had it marked on all of our reservations, wore the just married buttons and bride and groom ears every day and didn't have anything happen that the PPs have mentioned. So I was kind of disappointed... Regardless of whether something happens or not, you will have a terrific time! After all, it is WDW and is still the happiest place on earth!

Alice1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your weddings and Disneymoon! We spent out honeymoon at POFQ 5 1/2 years ago and had a wonderful time. We did not receive any perks (other than a surprise fastpass our last night at MK)

One thing I wanted to mention that I haven't seen anyone say yet--Disney is an awesome place to get a personalized "Just Married" Christmas ornament. We got ours at the Christmas store at DTD. It is white with a Mickey and Minnie bride and groom on top and "Just Married 2007". Both of our little girls now love to look at it and always ask where they were when we got the ornament from Minnie and Mickey.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
brewhome
Mouseketeer

Congratulations from another Buffalonian! My hubby and I also spent our honeymoon at Disney, 17 years ago! That was long before they had celebration pins and all that jazz... but we had a great time.

We basically ate and drank our way around and had a blast. We didn't go in expecting cast members to treat us special, so when they did, it was even better! We told lots of bartenders that we were on our honeymoon and I must say, we did get some free drinks... which was fun.

My suggestion is to do your favorite rides, but don't be park commando's. Take some time to just relax and watch shows or the street performers, and have some good food and cocktails and chill out. We loved hanging out at Downtown Disney and at several places in EPCOT - especially the Mexican pavillion, the German pavillion, and the Rose & Crown, where we spent a couple of hours at the bar chatting with people from all over the world!

Have fun, and I wish you many, many years of happiness together!
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #20
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! My honeymoon and pretty much every vacation since I was a child has been to Disney. Honestly, I did not get any special treatment on my honeymoon but I was also 5 months pregnant so I think that had something to do with it? We even stayed at the Polynesian and had it on our reservation. Whenever someone saw the just married pins and looked at my belly, they just made a confused face lol. But we had a great time. Like a PP mentioned, V&A's is amazing. We went there on our honeymoon and it was our favorite part of the trip. It was very romantic and we still have our menus as our keepsake!
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
ChefBuffalo
Addicted to Disney

So we are back after our 10 Day trip to Florida! Must say that it was the most amazing experience ever! Our first 2 nights we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and it was absolutely beautiful and perfect for us. When we checked in the girl at the desk congratulated us and handed us Happily Ever After Pins. On our phone in our Room Mickey and Minni left us a voice message congratulating us and welcoming both of us. After check in we ended up driving to the disney boardwalk ( we rented a car for our trip at a great rate from the Airport). At the Boardwalk we had lunch and a few drinks at Big River Grille. The food was very good and the drinks even better! We ended up walking around the boardwalk and for desert we had some incredible ice cream sundaes at Beaches and Cream. I think that was a mistake because we over stuffed ourselves and had reservations for dinner at Boma a few hours later.

Boma was an amazing experience because the Animal Kingdom lodge is so beautiful and the food and service were outstanding, especially for it being a buffet. Our server noticed it was our honeymoon and the pastry chef made us a small plate of a few special deserts that were not on the buffet.

After Boma we went to Downtown disney were we ended up purchasing our Bride and Groom mickey ears which we wore the rest of our trip ( except when we went to Universal or off disney).

Just wanted to give you guys an idea of what we did, but we did so much and it would take weeks for me to explain everything we did and experienced! I will just sum it up with a few details about each day. We did receive special treatment at Boma with unique desert plate, at the Great American Adventure we had a special phone call from Mickey, they also signed and have us an Official Disney World Marriage License, plus we got to watch the singers from the balcony and were allowed to enter first and pick any seat we wanted. The only other actual special treatment we received were free cakes from Fairfax Fare at Hollywood Studios.

Our trip was 10 days with us arriving before Noon on Wednesday Oct, 10th, and leaving late at night Friday Oct 20th.

Wed- Boardwalk, Boma, Downtown Disney.
Thurs- Mickey Waffles at POFQ, Epcot Food and Wine festival, then hopped to Magic Kingdom and back to Epcot for Illuminations.
Fri- Checked out of POFQ, Magic Kingdom all day ending with Wishes, also checked into my In-laws time share on Turkey Lake Rd at West Gate Lakes.
Sat- Hollywood Studios, ate dinner at Sci Fi Cafe, downtown Disney at night.
Sun- Cocoa beach, lunch at Grills.
Mon- Animal Kingdom, epcot after Animal Kingdom Closed, ( we did dinner at the Oktoberfest German Buffet)
Tue- Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure ( ate at three broom sticks)
Wed- Pool Day, break from parks.
Thur- Final Full Day, we went to Magic Kingdom, and then park hopped to Hollywood Studios to ride the few rides we missed and to catch Fantasmic.
Fri- Check out of hotel, ate breakfast at Golden Corral ( haha yes i know) and spent some time at Downtown Disney at Disney Quest, and picking up a few souveiners.

It went by so quickly, actually very depressed and do not want to go back to work tomorrow! I ate a ton, saw so much, and we lucked out with perfect weather every day!

Thanks for all the great advice it really helped and we both had a great time!
ChefBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: