Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #361
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So I just found out a friend of my husband's family will be down at disney while we are there!!!! YIPPEE!! But they always stay off site, because of their timeshare. I messaged the wife and they are only planning ONE day in Magic Kingdom and of COURSE it's not the day we're planning on being there. So, I told her that maybe we could do a character meal at a resort one night while they are there though and surprise our husbands! I really doubt that the guys would actually talk about the trip with each other, so it could be fun!! I hope it works out!! They have 2 kids each a little older than our girls and they are big disney lovers! We haven't seen them in years (the guys were in Grad school together), so it would be nice to at least visit for a little bit!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #362
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am still here, btw! It's just that usually by the time I catch an update here, we've already talked about it by email or phone! I finally can post here first...although I'm sure we'll talk about this later too.

That's really exciting about your friend! You could also meet them in DTD maybe for a little shopping?

Along with my own obsessive checking for an earlier Le Cellier time, I have been checking for Tusker House for you. Still nothing for either of us

Oh, and I got a new toy yesterday
(I did NOT pay that price)

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort

May 3-13, 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary (finally - Theme Park View!!) **
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #363
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Hi! I am still here, btw! It's just that usually by the time I catch an update here, we've already talked about it by email or phone! I finally can post here first...although I'm sure we'll talk about this later too.

That's really exciting about your friend! You could also meet them in DTD maybe for a little shopping?

Along with my own obsessive checking for an earlier Le Cellier time, I have been checking for Tusker House for you. Still nothing for either of us

Oh, and I got a new toy yesterday
(I did NOT pay that price)
I know what you mean!!! Maybe we should just stop talking to each other until after our trips??

Thanks for checking on my ressie friend!!!!! And I love your new toy!!! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #364
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Just to let those of you I am not facebook friends with know, my mother passed away on Tuesday night. I am on my way home to be with my dad, sister and brother.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #365
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm not of facebook so didn't know. I'm so sorry. Big hugs. Don't even know what else to say except I'm sorry and I'll keep you all in my prayers.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #366
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Just to let those of you I am not facebook friends with know, my mother passed away on Tuesday night. I am on my way home to be with my dad, sister and brother.
I know I said it on FB too, but I'm really sorry for your loss Christen. I'm sure you're on an emotional rollercoaster right now, and if you need to talk please call.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #367
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I am so sorry Christen.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #368
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that I passed along my condolences on Facebook but I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you. I know that this is going to be a rough time for you and I hope that things don't get too "complicated".

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #369
makochibi
Earning My Ears

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: 9/2013 (bday trip)

Next trip May 2015 celebrating DH's birthday!
makochibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #370
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Christen, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. Sometimes words don't reach deep enough to the place of loss ..... praying for you and your family.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #371
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm not of facebook so didn't know. I'm so sorry. Big hugs. Don't even know what else to say except I'm sorry and I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I know I said it on FB too, but I'm really sorry for your loss Christen. I'm sure you're on an emotional rollercoaster right now, and if you need to talk please call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sorry Christen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that I passed along my condolences on Facebook but I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you. I know that this is going to be a rough time for you and I hope that things don't get too "complicated".
Quote:
Originally Posted by makochibi View Post
I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Christen, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. Sometimes words don't reach deep enough to the place of loss ..... praying for you and your family.
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. This time has been unreal at moments, but I am at peace. My mother's passing was quickly, and I know that she did not want to suffer for a long time.

The trip home was good, and in fact, I ended up inviting my dad to come along with us to Disney World. I'm not sure if he will do it, (he will have the bills coming in soon) but I figured the time away from the empty home would do him good. And he would get to spend some quality time with my girls.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #372
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Glad you got home safe. Inviting your dad was a lovely idea. I hope he takes you up on it!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #373
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Awwww... that was so nice to invite your dad along on your trip. Spending time with you and the girls may be the best medicine for his soul.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #374
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Glad you got home safe. Inviting your dad was a lovely idea. I hope he takes you up on it!
I do too! It might be tight to have 3 adults and 2 kids… but you know, I think it would be great for him to have some "fun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awwww... that was so nice to invite your dad along on your trip. Spending time with you and the girls may be the best medicine for his soul.
I agree!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #375
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thats so nice to invite him.
I think you'll have plenty of room though. It's amazing how well you can coop with a smaller space when you need to.

Welcome home. & Get some rest.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: