Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #76
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Joining code watch for the first week of October 2013! We just returned (as in last Friday) from Disney and I'm obsessed and ready to plan next year's trip! I'm hoping for FD at a MOD do I can upgrade to the Deluxe dining again, we loved it. The kids always had milk thanks to our snack credits. I'm tempted to book a package and switch it over if they announce FD.

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
VeronicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #77
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
I was going off of this site "your first visit", it says Jersey week will be the week of 11/2. So, if you arrive before it technically starts (if we were to arrive on 10/31 or 11/1), would you still get the FD discount, is that how it works?
I'm basing my guesstimate on the last couple years' dates. I am planning on arriving 10/31 and expect (hope, with all my fingers & toes crossed!) that I will get FD. You will not see an influx of Jersey people until Wednesday, the 6th (I had my dates wrong....the convention is the 7th & 8th). Most schools will be in session on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.

Anyway.....based on past years, FD was not available from the Saturday preceeding Jersey Week (the 2nd next year like you said). So, if you check in on the 31st or the 1st, you will get FD if it is offered.

I'm one of the odd ducks - I take my kids out of school. My children are straight A students. My son is in honors classes and my daughter, although in 8th grade, also takes college courses. So, the school district does not question my vacation schedule.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any more questions!!! (I love feeling useful!)

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #78
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I'm basing my guesstimate on the last couple years' dates. I am planning on arriving 10/31 and expect (hope, with all my fingers & toes crossed!) that I will get FD. You will not see an influx of Jersey people until Wednesday, the 6th (I had my dates wrong....the convention is the 7th & 8th). Most schools will be in session on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.

Anyway.....based on past years, FD was not available from the Saturday preceeding Jersey Week (the 2nd next year like you said). So, if you check in on the 31st or the 1st, you will get FD if it is offered.

I'm one of the odd ducks - I take my kids out of school. My children are straight A students. My son is in honors classes and my daughter, although in 8th grade, also takes college courses. So, the school district does not question my vacation schedule.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any more questions!!! (I love feeling useful!)
Thank you, that is very helpful!! I am such a planner, I love doing this kind of stuff, even though it's a little overwhelming to keep all of the details straight (and learn all of these acronyms!) My son will be in kindergarten next year...I feel a bit guilty pulling him out of school, but not guilty enough to keep me from doing it

Since joining this board and learning all about these elusive pin codes, I have been stalking my email and mailbox everyday...my heart skips when I see "Disney Destinations" in the title of the email, only to be let down when I glance at the subject and see that it's always something like "Disney Resort Pics and More!" from where I was playing around on the Disney site earlier that day. Boo!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #79
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Thank you, that is very helpful!! I am such a planner, I love doing this kind of stuff, even though it's a little overwhelming to keep all of the details straight (and learn all of these acronyms!) My son will be in kindergarten next year...I feel a bit guilty pulling him out of school, but not guilty enough to keep me from doing it

Since joining this board and learning all about these elusive pin codes, I have been stalking my email and mailbox everyday...my heart skips when I see "Disney Destinations" in the title of the email, only to be let down when I glance at the subject and see that it's always something like "Disney Resort Pics and More!" from where I was playing around on the Disney site earlier that day. Boo!
I've been on these boards for years and my first "family" vacation to Disney was in 2006. I am never gotten a pin code. lol

My little guy will be in kindergarten next year as well!!! And I think I got the dates wrong again. Just know this - whatever the Thursday and Friday are of that first full November Week - those are the NJEA Convention dates. :D

Anyway.....as I was saying, my little guy will be in K, too. It will be my daughter's freshman year in HS and my son will be in 7th grade. Do I worry about taking them out of school? Yes. BUT.....they are all honors students (even my little guy is in the gifted & talented program at his school), so I know that they will catch up on the work. I cannot physically go to FL in the summer during school breaks. I am very pale with red hair and I don't do well at all in the heat & humidity.

We've been playing around the last few years with moving down there and the heat & humidity is the only reason we don't. I think it would be totally cool to "hop on over to a park" after work one day if I lived there (because, yes, I would have APs. lol).

If you'd like, feel free to PM me and I will give you my contact info and answer any other questions you might have (can I tempt you with a budget spreadsheet?.....I hand them out like candy in my town. ).

Hav a great day!!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #80
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I've been on these boards for years and my first "family" vacation to Disney was in 2006. I am never gotten a pin code. lol

My little guy will be in kindergarten next year as well!!! And I think I got the dates wrong again. Just know this - whatever the Thursday and Friday are of that first full November Week - those are the NJEA Convention dates. :D

Anyway.....as I was saying, my little guy will be in K, too. It will be my daughter's freshman year in HS and my son will be in 7th grade. Do I worry about taking them out of school? Yes. BUT.....they are all honors students (even my little guy is in the gifted & talented program at his school), so I know that they will catch up on the work. I cannot physically go to FL in the summer during school breaks. I am very pale with red hair and I don't do well at all in the heat & humidity.

We've been playing around the last few years with moving down there and the heat & humidity is the only reason we don't. I think it would be totally cool to "hop on over to a park" after work one day if I lived there (because, yes, I would have APs. lol).

If you'd like, feel free to PM me and I will give you my contact info and answer any other questions you might have (can I tempt you with a budget spreadsheet?.....I hand them out like candy in my town. ).

Hav a great day!!!!
Great, I'll shoot you a PM!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #81
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Oct-5-11, 2013

My DD and I will be there Oct 5-11, 2013. Right now we are booked at POP, but considering other options. Any RO discounts will help in that!

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #82
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Oct 27 - Nov 3 2013

Hi Everyone, Hoping to book 10/27 - 11/3 for myself and the Hubs (kids will be in school - DD 2nd yr of college and DS will be an 11th grader and staying with this dad) I hope the free dining comes out for that week as well.. this will only be my Hubs 2nd trip and he is very excited for the food and wine festival as he's a chef.. and it will be just a month shy of our 5 yr anniversary (and a about a month after my 43rd bday and about a month till his 31st bday) so we have lot's to celebrate.. fingers crossed!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #83
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

Will be going Oct 3-9th, 2013, with 4 adults, staying at POR and hoping for free dining!!!!!!!!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #84
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Im hoping for the FD, too. However, if that doesn't happen, there's always off-site. But, I've crunched the dates from 2007 to present and it's pretty likely the same dates will be offered. Fingers crossed!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #85
amos07
Mouseketeer

I am wondering if the new specials that are out right now will replace the fall free dining. I really am hoping for free dining though as I think it will save us more.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #86
SarahD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07
I am wondering if the new specials that are out right now will replace the fall free dining. I really am hoping for free dining though as I think it will save us more.
I think it's a good bet that this stay, play, dine is a replacement for free dining. For my family of four, with both kids 10+, it's a good deal - we all get kids' rate. Not fantastic, but good. Unless this offer falls flat, I'd think its what we can expect at other time of the year that were also typically free dining dates.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #87
Adelinasmom
Earning My Ears

We just returned Saturday, October 6. We spent 8 wonderful days at POR. Hoping to return again next October. The fall is my favorite time at WDW!

Jackie
Adelinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #88
Cynth
Mouseketeer

Hi
I'm new to the code watching. Where is it that I can find those codes? i know that you get the pins by email, or by normal mail. Are the announced on disney.com? I checked the Special offers, is that the place to look?

We, my mom and I are going to stay at the Art of Animation Resort from the 28 october to the 4th or 5th november. We haven't decided yet. Is it best to just book and then add on the code later, or do we have to wait until the codes are out, before booking.

I read to the whole treath and saw that historicaly there is free dinning code for that time. Is there usually just one code for like free dining, or may there be different codes for the same time (like a room discount)?

I know that's a lot of questions, but people on here are always so helpful, that I just asked anyway.

Book challenge : 6 of 30
Cynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #89
andee515
Mouseketeer

Trying to go Oct 31 - Nov 10 at AoA... That way we can hopefully do MNSSHP, MVMCP and F&W. Finger crossed

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #90
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee515 View Post
Trying to go Oct 31 - Nov 10 at AoA... That way we can hopefully do MNSSHP, MVMCP and F&W. Finger crossed
That was our original plan, but we moved back to our "home" resort of POR. We'll be checking in the 31st as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: