Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #976
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie1001

The buses are busy at times but I literally just left and overall I was satisfied. Just can't expect to get around quickly...it will cut into your vacation time but the alternative is to rent a car and pay to park it. We only had 2 real long trips in 8 days so that's not bad. Frequency of buses was good overall but when you're anxious to get somewhere it's never fast enough And I loved the FQ and would go back there in a heartbeat! Enjoy
If you are staying on site you don't pay to park, not at your resort (or any resort actually) and not at the park. You get a parking permit when you check in.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #977
lizzie1001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

If you are staying on site you don't pay to park, not at your resort (or any resort actually) and not at the park. You get a parking permit when you check in.
Oh, my bad...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #978
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie1001

Oh, my bad...
No prob. If you don't drive you probably wouldn't know. I usually rent a car anyway to go off site, but I use the buses/boats 98% of the time. The occasional delay doesn't bother me. If it did I'd totally just drive to the parks, well except for MK since driving there doesn't really benefit you.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #979
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

Room request

We have booked an accessible room with rails in the bathroom but no roll in shower.

Are those limited to the 1st floor or can we make room request for a higher floor? I'll have an ECV - should I just stick with a 1st floor request?

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #980
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys View Post
We have booked an accessible room with rails in the bathroom but no roll in shower.

Are those limited to the 1st floor or can we make room request for a higher floor? I'll have an ECV - should I just stick with a 1st floor request?

Thanks!
I can't tell you whether or not all of the HA rooms are on the first floor or not. But I would still stick with a first floor request. We've found that needing to use an elevator often results in a long detour to get to the room.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #981
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys View Post

Thanks!
These rooms are throughout the resort on all floors, but as minnie mum suggests, I would request a first floor. I would also tell them it is for a medical need, and ask them to set it up as a special needs request (this dept is very helpful for those with any special medical need, even a simple one) - and that you'll have an ECV. The elevators can be just a bit of a pain at FQ as it is often quite out of the way. Also, be sure to ask at check-in before they make up your keys - if you are not in a first floor with bathroom rails, as if they can find one for you. We had one, first floor, corner room in bldg 5 - very nice location. Do not remember the room number, but it looked out at the courtyard.

Happy planning and have a wonderful trip!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #982
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Got home Sunday loved this resort!!! We booked bb for next year and will be staying again!!!! Any questions- feel free to ask
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #983
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Got home Sunday loved this resort!!! We booked bb for next year and will be staying again!!!! Any questions- feel free to ask
Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip and loved FQ!

It's been a few years since a FQ stay - the new refurb is not appealing to me at all (love the RS new rooms though) - are the rooms as purple and gold as it appears in photos? It looks awful to me. Thanks!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-09-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typos and more typos....
Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #984
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip and loved FQ!

It's been a few years since a FQ stay - the new refurb is not appealing to me at all (love the TS new rooms though) - are the rooms as purple and gold as it appears in photos? It looks awful to me. Thanks!
The rooms are as purple/gold as they appear. I loved the decor, though - very royal!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #985
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
- are the rooms as purple and gold as it appears in photos? It looks awful to me.
I found them rather nice when I visited to take photos, see this panorama for an idea of how it actually looks (although the rich purple colour is hard to get right in photos, I did spend some time correcting this image so it looks as close as I could get it): http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...pano360-HQ.swf

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #986
krismusc313
Mouseketeer

This may seem silly, but to me it's rather important- can you tell me about the blow dryers in the room. Are they the white ones attached to the wall? Or is it a blow dryer that they keep In a bag in the bathroom? I've have rather unruly hair and I'm trying to figure out if I should bring mine from home. I'd rather save the space and not bring it if its a decent blow dryer.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #987
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusc313 View Post
This may seem silly, but to me it's rather important- can you tell me about the blow dryers in the room. Are they the white ones attached to the wall? Or is it a blow dryer that they keep In a bag in the bathroom? I've have rather unruly hair and I'm trying to figure out if I should bring mine from home. I'd rather save the space and not bring it if its a decent blow dryer.

Thanks!
In June ours was attached to the wall.

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #988
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
The rooms are as purple/gold as they appear. I loved the decor, though - very royal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I found them rather nice when I visited to take photos, see this panorama for an idea of how it actually looks (although the rich purple colour is hard to get right in photos, I did spend some time correcting this image so it looks as close as I could get it): http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...pano360-HQ.swf

Andre
Thank you, Andre and BearscatFan!

The panorama definitely helps - guess I am not a Royal kind of gal - the colors make me kind of cringe. I was not a fan of the heavy reds they had prior to the 2004/05 refurb, but very much liked the blues and yellow of that refurb.

We are booked at FQ for Marathon weekend at a phenomenal group rate through Mouse Fan Travel.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #989
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusc313 View Post

Thanks!
I have short fine hair. The one last year was fine to dry my bangs but it was pretty basic and not very hot, I would not use them for high maitanence hair.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #990
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

Food Court Drinks

What drinks are avail for kids for the refillable mugs besides pop

Juice? Milk?

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
Closed Thread