Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #91
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran
 
WDWaddictt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 607

Hi...I am joining in!

Love all the pictures! Wow loving the LM room, cool bathroom and bed. Ummmm...may have to try it one day.

Touring the world while it is raining is not really exciting but don't stop us from having fun. Hope you did too?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian!!

I am excited to read more....
__________________
Disney Family-MeDHDD(11)DS(8)
2014-AoA, 2013-AKL Kidani, 2011-FWCabins and Disney Dream Cruise, 2010-AllStar Movies, 2009-POFQ, 2008-POP
1989/90-NYE stayed offsite, 1981-Disneyland
WDWaddictt is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #92
eeyore04
Mouseketeer
 
eeyore04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Breton, NS, Canada
Posts: 184

Well, I'm FINALLY here, which means that I'm thinking about starting my own TR tonight. You took some amazing shots! (not that I'm at all surprised about this) I was worried about the trek from LM section to the main building when we went over the night of Hoop Dee Doo but I think because it's so full of detail it makes the walk seem much less of a pain in the rear.

Can't wait to see all 5000 of your pictures!
__________________

My first TR (working on, still!!): How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR
My PTR for a trip that was postponed:And it all started at 357 (days)
My first PTR: Does being there every day in my dreams count?
2009: POP, Sept 2012: POP, November 13-22, 2014 Pop Century
eeyore04 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #93
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

Well first off, awesome that you got your King Bed request.

I'm in love with the room already and all I've seen so far is your one picture!

That shower is amazing! I want it in my house.

That's awesome that they have H2O stuff at all of the resorts now! For the longest time, they only had it at the moderates and deluxes, not at the values. That's great if they've expanded it to all of the resorts.

Your "tasted porky" comment reminds me of my cousin. We ate at restaurant Marrakech years ago, and my Dad ordered the lamb. She's not a fan of lamb, so she wanted to try it. So I asked her "what did you think", and she says "well.....it's lamby!"
IheartDDuck is online now  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #94
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Well I won't be selling you on a suite, they're too expensive (and big!) for me too. I'd have to be going with a group of 6 to justify the suites! Our Little Mermaid room was nice though, barely more than a Pop Century room and with the added bonus of being on the new resort!
I think it would have been nice if there would have been a small mix of each type of room for each resort theme...

OK - so I was anxiously awaiting your TLM room photos - and they did not disappoint...

I LOVE THAT BED!!!! It is so cute!!

And that shower... I love that too!!!!

I love all the colors of the room, and the brightness of it and the resort - it's so awesome! Even if we don't stay there - I am going to have to plan a day to go explore.

Hmmm... I may have to rethink TLM section... It's adorable!

D~
DMGeurts is online now  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #95
Kbendig
Mouseketeer
 
Kbendig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 92

That room looks AMAZING! I love how Disney thinks of every detail, how could you not love it? I definitely should have made the boys stay there, oh well there's always next time!

Isn't it funny how Disney rain is different than regular rain? I would change my plans at home for a drizzle, but a downpour doesn't bother me there (except the time we walked into Crystal Palace with blue skies and walked out with a drenched stroller, It wasn't supposed to rain!!!).

Did you find the fridges took away any storage space? I think we used every inch of our room, even all the shelves. I am going to love having it, but am worried about the room feeling cramped.
__________________
October 2002-Marriott Cypress Harbour, January 2011-POP Century, October 2012-POP Century, October 2014- BCV


DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #96
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,746

Happy Thanksgiving Hon! We had our family dinner yesterday at my sister's as my BIL had to leave this morning for a week in Denver at a conference. It was super yummy!

Love the pictures of your room and the shower.....WOW! I wondered about the walk but heck, you walk everywhere in Disney so what's a little longer walk to your room when that's the scenery yet get to see
Queenofallthings is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #97
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva
 
SoNotAPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Funny, Slorida
Posts: 1,215

AWESOME photos!

That LM room is beyond adorable! Now I want Ariel's grotto in MY shower...leave it to Disney to come up with something that unexpected (at least to me) and imaginative!

Ah, the Florida rain...a necessary evil if you wanna go to WDW!
__________________
SoNotAPrincess is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #98
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,473

Wow, the LM room looks so cool! I love how discreet the lamp above the bed is, and that shower is designed perfectly! I'm so in love with AoA! I need to show my DH your pictures, because right now it's only feasible to stay in the LM section, but he swears up and down that it's too girly for him.

How cool that you were able to get a king bed! Such a rare treat in the values!


Okay, I admit, I'm one of those folks who complain a little about the resort walks. But only because I'm used to the All Star resorts, where everything is literally right next to each other. After staying at Pop, I was a little surprised at how far away our car was from our room. But with AoA, I imagine it couldn't have been too bad, what with all the amazing sights to take in!


Hmm, sorry the Pulled Pork sandwich wasn't fantastic, at least now you know for the future.


Aww, that sucks that rained on your first park day; hopefully it cleared up quickly and you two were able to enjoy Magic Kingdom!
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #99
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Wow the Little Mermaid room is beautiful! I LOVE that shower! I feel like I'm going to need "Part of Your World" playing in the background when I shower in there, since I can't sing to save my life...I'm gonna have to arrange that somehow! The food court sounds really good too, I can't wait to stay there!!!

I've never done the Magic Kingdom on the first day of a trip! I'd like to someday, but it's hard when I'm obsessed with Epcot!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #100
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran
 
silverhaze269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 924

Happy Thanksgiving!

My parents are in Orlando as I write this, and will be until Thursday. Today they went to USO/City Walk, where they will also go tomorrow. On Wednesday though, they are going to AoA, in a Little Mermaid room! I'm so excited for them now that I've seen your room photos! I think they'll enjoy the resort, even if they're just there overnight. I'll tell them to be cautious of the pulled pork, lol, but that the pizza is a safe bet

That sucks about the rain, but I'm glad you guys weren't scared off because of it.
__________________
Disney Dreaming: A September 2014 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48536722
Happy Together: The I-had-good-intentions-but-never-finished-this very short quasi TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post46864647
Our Not So Scary, Very Merry, Honeymoon - An Oct/Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post44281398
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115


October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #101
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer
 
OrangeJuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 495

Loving your trip report!Those chocolate muffins are VERY chocolaty. We shared one and loved it but it was very rich. I just love walking down Main st. It's a great way to start off a trip
__________________
Me : April 1996-Offsite April 2001- Fort Wilderness Campground Aug 2011- AllStar Sports August 2012- Pop Century Oct-2013 BCV
DW : Aug 2011- AllStar Sports August 2012- Pop Century Oct 2013- BCV
Dcat Never been to Disney


OrangeJuice is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #102
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran
 
SheenaXena21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,299

Good grief!!!! Reading your TR is making me wish I was there RIGHT NOW!!! Thank goodness I only have 12 1/2 days!!! Loving your TR!!!
__________________



SheenaXena21 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #103
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Hi...I am joining in!

Love all the pictures! Wow loving the LM room, cool bathroom and bed. Ummmm...may have to try it one day.

Touring the world while it is raining is not really exciting but don't stop us from having fun. Hope you did too?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian!!

I am excited to read more....
And I hope you're enjoying a long weekend and some yummy turkey!
We usually ignore the rain and tour as we would have anyway, it never stops us from having fun! (until we have to go to a meal soaking wet and the a/c makes us freeze! )


Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
Well, I'm FINALLY here, which means that I'm thinking about starting my own TR tonight. You took some amazing shots! (not that I'm at all surprised about this) I was worried about the trek from LM section to the main building when we went over the night of Hoop Dee Doo but I think because it's so full of detail it makes the walk seem much less of a pain in the rear.

Can't wait to see all 5000 of your pictures!
Start your TR, you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Well first off, awesome that you got your King Bed request.

I'm in love with the room already and all I've seen so far is your one picture!

That shower is amazing! I want it in my house.

That's awesome that they have H2O stuff at all of the resorts now! For the longest time, they only had it at the moderates and deluxes, not at the values. That's great if they've expanded it to all of the resorts.

Your "tasted porky" comment reminds me of my cousin. We ate at restaurant Marrakech years ago, and my Dad ordered the lamb. She's not a fan of lamb, so she wanted to try it. So I asked her "what did you think", and she says "well.....it's lamby!"
I'm glad that they're making the values a little better. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to come up to deluxe level, that's why we pay less! But a few little extras are nice.
If your cousin can call something lamby, then porky is a good adjective too! :rotfl
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I think it would have been nice if there would have been a small mix of each type of room for each resort theme...

OK - so I was anxiously awaiting your TLM room photos - and they did not disappoint...

I LOVE THAT BED!!!! It is so cute!!

And that shower... I love that too!!!!

I love all the colors of the room, and the brightness of it and the resort - it's so awesome! Even if we don't stay there - I am going to have to plan a day to go explore.

Hmmm... I may have to rethink TLM section... It's adorable!

D~
The room is freaking adorable, it was really awesome. The resort is so colourful, it really is exactly what I would want out of a Disney hotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
That room looks AMAZING! I love how Disney thinks of every detail, how could you not love it? I definitely should have made the boys stay there, oh well there's always next time!

Isn't it funny how Disney rain is different than regular rain? I would change my plans at home for a drizzle, but a downpour doesn't bother me there (except the time we walked into Crystal Palace with blue skies and walked out with a drenched stroller, It wasn't supposed to rain!!!).

Did you find the fridges took away any storage space? I think we used every inch of our room, even all the shelves. I am going to love having it, but am worried about the room feeling cramped.
Yikes, never having toured with kids I wouldn't ever think about coming out to a soaked stroller, that sucks!!
The fridges definitely took away a LOT of storage space. We found ourselves hanging clothes and using shelves where normally everything for the two of us fits easily into the 6 drawers. But I'd rather have the fridge, so I'll make use of the hangers and shelves!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Hon! We had our family dinner yesterday at my sister's as my BIL had to leave this morning for a week in Denver at a conference. It was super yummy!

Love the pictures of your room and the shower.....WOW! I wondered about the walk but heck, you walk everywhere in Disney so what's a little longer walk to your room when that's the scenery yet get to see
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving meal! I had mine yesterday, a small affair with Johnny, mom and dad. It was also super yummy!
We went there with our minds set on NOT hating the long walk and we mostly accomplished it. A few nights it seemed overly long, but any walk would have when we were that tired. And you're right, the scenery was so lovely that we almost never minded.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
AWESOME photos!

That LM room is beyond adorable! Now I want Ariel's grotto in MY shower...leave it to Disney to come up with something that unexpected (at least to me) and imaginative!

Ah, the Florida rain...a necessary evil if you wanna go to WDW!
OMG, I want to paint my shower like Ariel's grotto too!! Disney is just so amazing with their details, just one more reason why I love it there!
teekathepony is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #104
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, the LM room looks so cool! I love how discreet the lamp above the bed is, and that shower is designed perfectly! I'm so in love with AoA! I need to show my DH your pictures, because right now it's only feasible to stay in the LM section, but he swears up and down that it's too girly for him.
Awww, you should put him in contact with my DH! He didn't find it too girly at all! Also, he just wanted a place to shower and sleep, so he probably wouldn't have cared if the walls were pink and the bedspread frilly!


Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
How cool that you were able to get a king bed! Such a rare treat in the values!
We were very happy to have it, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Okay, I admit, I'm one of those folks who complain a little about the resort walks. But only because I'm used to the All Star resorts, where everything is literally right next to each other. After staying at Pop, I was a little surprised at how far away our car was from our room. But with AoA, I imagine it couldn't have been too bad, what with all the amazing sights to take in!
I've never been to the All Star resorts, I should take a jaunt over some day. I didn't realize that everything was closer together there! Having only ever stayed at Pop, I guess I was fairly prepared for the walk at AoA, but the sights during the walk definitely made it even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Hmm, sorry the Pulled Pork sandwich wasn't fantastic, at least now you know for the future.


Aww, that sucks that rained on your first park day; hopefully it cleared up quickly and you two were able to enjoy Magic Kingdom!
The sandwich was ok, but yeah definitely not fantastic. But I was just proud of myself for trying something new!
The rain did not bother us much, we got a lot done!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow the Little Mermaid room is beautiful! I LOVE that shower! I feel like I'm going to need "Part of Your World" playing in the background when I shower in there, since I can't sing to save my life...I'm gonna have to arrange that somehow! The food court sounds really good too, I can't wait to stay there!!!

I've never done the Magic Kingdom on the first day of a trip! I'd like to someday, but it's hard when I'm obsessed with Epcot!
Oh gracious, I can't sing worth a dime either but since only Johnny (who's heard it before) and possibly some random strangers (who wouldn't know which guest was doing the caterwauling) I just let it all out. Had a blast.
I usually do Epcot, this trip we saved Epcot for last ( Horror of horrors!) and it was like a huge relief when we finally saw SE!



Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

My parents are in Orlando as I write this, and will be until Thursday. Today they went to USO/City Walk, where they will also go tomorrow. On Wednesday though, they are going to AoA, in a Little Mermaid room! I'm so excited for them now that I've seen your room photos! I think they'll enjoy the resort, even if they're just there overnight. I'll tell them to be cautious of the pulled pork, lol, but that the pizza is a safe bet

That sucks about the rain, but I'm glad you guys weren't scared off because of it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I hope you had a great one! Gosh, your trip is coming up so close which means your wedding is too! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Your parents are in Orlando? How awesome that they get to stay in a LM room! I hope they love it, even if it's just one night!
A little rain can't scare us!


Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Loving your trip report!Those chocolate muffins are VERY chocolaty. We shared one and loved it but it was very rich. I just love walking down Main st. It's a great way to start off a trip
Sharing one of those muffins would have been a good idea, we both only ate half I think. Next time!
They really did so much right in MK, that walk up Main St. just puts you right in the mood to enjoy everything in the park!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
Good grief!!!! Reading your TR is making me wish I was there RIGHT NOW!!! Thank goodness I only have 12 1/2 days!!! Loving your TR!!!
12 days!! Woo hoo! (well, less now!!) I hope you have a great time!
teekathepony is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #105
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran
 
cheekypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: C eh N eh D eh
Posts: 1,356

OMG look at that room *swoon* I'm in love!!!!!
__________________
Simply having a wonderful christmas time!!

cheekypoppins is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: