Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

El plan, el flaco, el 411

Saturday 10/13:
- arrive WDW, stay AoA one night, swim, food court at AoA which is supposed to be varied and tasty. So excited! Now that we're arriving at MCO at 4:30, we'll have time to swim. I really want to hear the underwater sound effects. Such a cool feature. We may do MK's EMH that night as they'll be open until midnight but we'll see how everyone is feeling.

As previously stated, there seems to be no viable option from SLC to MCO without stopping or breaking open the piggy bank. Our flight takes off from SLC, we have a 90 minute layover with a plane change in Vegas and then were off to Orlando. I'm glad we've got the stop early in the flight. Vegas to SLC is a very short flight. It'll be nice to get a little more settled on the longer flight. Plus who doesn't lve Vegas? Even at the airport I can play a few slots. I once won $200 on the quarter machines. Souvenirs for all my friends.

Sunday 10/14:
- breakfast at AoA
- check out and into THV
- MK, CS
- 50s PT all 11 of us
- MGM for EMH

Monday 10/15:
- sleep in
- Epcot, F&W- Jen cubed
- break
- MK for EMH with fireworks

Tuesday 10/16:
- Typhoon Lagoon, CS
- Turf Club for dinner post water parks
- DTD for a little shopping

Wed 10/17:
- AK rope drop, CS
- break
- WS EMH, Rose and Crown or F&W, Illuminations

Thurs 10/18:
- sleep in
- DIS meet at 1:30? I'm going to try
- BBQ tri tip before MK, all 11 of us
- MK MNSSHP, fireworks and parade along with trick or treating. I'd also like to get the magic ghost and carriage Photopass shots.

Cynthia out together a group of us who are sharing Photopass. It's only costing $21 a person. Thank you, thanks you Cynthia for putting this together.

Friday 10/19:
- check out and into AKV
- Blizzard Beach, CS
- Saana and AKV activities that evening


Saturday 10/20:
- MGM EMH
- pool break, grill by pool for lunch
- AK. It's open until 8:00 tonight. EE in the dark is a total must do

Sunday 10/21:
- Epcot FW
- break
- Boma before EMH
- MGM EMH, Fantasmic!

Monday 10/22:
- breakfast with Cynthia
- Brunch in the villa for the others
- MK
- Kona Cafe
- MK EMH, MSEP

Tuesday 10/23:
- YES at AK, CS
- break
- 6:00 pm Mixology seminar with Cherry Heering and Xante and I haven't tried either.
- Epcot to eat around the World or Via Napoli

Wed 10/24:
- pack
- cry
- check out
- Boma for a late breakfast or DTD for an early lunch depending on if United messes with our flights again.
-United home.

Remember I got the flight for $125 each and got to use the $325 in credits? When you hear the flight home, you may thing I'm nuts. We fly MCO to Pensacola in a puddle jumper. Like a 16 seater. Then we fly Pensacola to Ohare. Then we fly Ohare to SLC. I'm going to become my own patient after that flight.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 10-08-2012 at 08:44 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,253

Omg I didn't realize that was your return. Did the united time change mess with any of the connections?

I hope you can make the meet, it's some seriously cool peeps. I love that they filled a lanyard for Kayla. The e's have given me a list and some pins for me to try to trade for on their behalf.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Omg I didn't realize that was your return. Did the united time change mess with any of the connections?

I hope you can make the meet, it's some seriously cool peeps. I love that they filled a lanyard for Kayla. The e's have given me a list and some pins for me to try to trade for on their behalf.


There is a good chance we won't make our connection in Ohare now. That's when I'll lose it. I'm trying not to lose it now. Michael says 38 minutes, if the flight is on time, is plenty of time to make the connection. Ohare is a madhouse. Chloe's friend has a flight home from Utah at 10 the next morning so we'll see. I've got the therapist thats working for me on stand by to work 10/25. Originally I was going to work the day after but if we get stuck in Ohare like I think we will, I won't.


The meet is on my agenda. Michael will come too most likely. We're planning on being to MNSSHP by 6:00, maybe earlier but not by much. If we're back to the THV by 3:30, that gives us plenty of time to grill and get to MK by 6:00 I think.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

There is a good chance we won't make our connection in Ohare now. That's when I'll lose it. I'm trying not to lose it now. Michael says 38 minutes, if the flight is on time, is plenty of time to make the connection. Ohare is a madhouse. Chloe's friend has a flight home from Utah at 10 the next morning so we'll see. I've got the therapist thats working for me on stand by to work 10/25. Originally I was going to work the day after but if we get stuck in Ohare like I think we will, I won't.

The meet is on my agenda. Michael will come too most likely. We're planning on being to MNSSHP by 6:00, maybe earlier but not by much. If we're back to the THV by 3:30, that gives us plenty of time to grill and get to MK by 6:00 I think.
All depends on the gate. It is doable but way risky.

When in June are you thinking for Cali?

I really want to meet Michael and hope he comes. He will not be the only guy. For sure at least 2 other DH's and maybe 3. I wish Jeff could meet him. I can't remember if the other one will have arrived yet. I totally want some hitchhiking ghost pics, super happy with how the photo pass share played out, total score for all of us
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm glad you got through in a short amount of time. DH travels to Africa and international rates are scary. Even with a toll free 800 do you he charged for international? I'm happy you got it sorted out.

Have you been to SF before? It's such a great town. And LA, Los Angeles? Are you going to Disneyland?
I paid for the international call. The toll-free number only applies from within the US.

Yes, been to both SF and LA before. SF is one of my favourite cities in the world.


Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I can answer this! PIO is a SF expert, she has a whole thread on visiting SF and CA on the Aussie section. In fact she's probably been to more places than me, and I have and I've lived here over 30 years! Her hubby works for a company there so she gets to tag along often.

And you think she is not going to Disneyland????? Who do you think she is staying with for the So Cal portion of her Aussie mad dash! Can you say girls weekend!
Girls week-end.

Although, in this case......it's Disney GirlsFriday.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm going to have to check out her thread. Michael and Joshua will be going to SF in Dec. for a Raiders game. Michael grew up in Sacto and has been to SF many times but hasn't been in about 10 years.

I figured she's going to Disneyland. I was hoping she'd be going. Are you going too? That's going to be a FUN girls' weekend. Lucky girl!!! Are you ladies doing the Halloween party?
I get there after Halloween. If I'm really really lucky, there might still be some Halloween decorations about.

And if you're really interested in the SF thread....here's the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2451585


And my PTR link is in the siggie below.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
When you hear the flight home, you may thing I'm nuts. We fly MCO to Pensacola in a puddle jumper. Like a 16 seater. Then we fly Pensacola to Ohare. Then we fly Ohare to SLC. I'm going to become my own patient after that flight.
You're plans look great right until I got to the last part......


O. M. G.!!

I think it's more appropriate to pack alcohol for the return flight.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
All depends on the gate. It is doable but way risky.

When in June are you thinking for Cali?

I really want to meet Michael and hope he comes. He will not be the only guy. For sure at least 2 other DH's and maybe 3. I wish Jeff could meet him. I can't remember if the other one will have arrived yet. I totally want some hitchhiking ghost pics, super happy with how the photo pass share played out, total score for all of us


Ideally the third week in June. My kids go to camp at the end of June/early July for two weeks. If not June then August but I'll tell ya, this will be the last extended trip we take during the school year. Chloe is having a heck of a time keeping up and she's at school. I've been in contact with her teachers and they don't seem worried. She's been attending the after school tutoring 1-2 times a week and knows she'll have to go daily until her work is complete. We've asked multiple times for work and the teachers have been non responsive. She did finish a power point that's due 10/30. She's got a book report due 10/30 as we'll and insists she'll read the book on the plane. I know you know from experience that doesn't always pan out. She started the book this weekend. I'll be crossing my fingers. She's not purposely forgetful. One of the s/e of both of her medications is forgetfulness. And believe me, she forgets.

Oh yeah, where was I? The third week in June. I'm too that overwhelmed pre-trip psyched out feeling.

Yeah, it's doable but it's a bootable flight according to United. Remind me not to fly them again regardless of the credit I receive for this flight.

Michael will go if I go. He'll want to. He thinks I'm a dork but my judgement is good. He won't want to miss out. It's at Rosé and Crown right? Is there an ADR or do they have a bar? Jenna and Nate may come too. Jenna and I got to know each other here before meeting and that turned out spectacularly. We're great friends.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I paid for the international call. The toll-free number only applies from within the US.

Yes, been to both SF and LA before. SF is one of my favourite cities in the world.


Girls week-end.

Although, in this case......it's Disney GirlsFriday.



I get there after Halloween. If I'm really really lucky, there might still be some Halloween decorations about.

And if you're really interested in the SF thread....here's the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2451585

And my PTR link is in the siggie below.


I think the decorations stay up until the week after Halloween. I know the NBC overlay does. Wonder why WDW doesn't do the overlay? It's a huge hit with my family.

for the link. I'm very serious about needing SF help. As soon as we get back from WDW, I'll begin that planning. Right now they've got their flights into Oakland. No nonstops for a decent price from SLC to SF. Oakland is just as easy per DH.

I'll go check out your pre-trippie too but I don't see a link.

Disney-girls Friday? How fun! What have you got planned?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
You're plans look great right until I got to the last part......

O. M. G.!!

I think it's more appropriate to pack alcohol for the return flight.

I'm the only one in my family who hates to fly. They're all stoked for the puddle jumper. I'm going to need some Ativan. And they'll be booze involved too. I think we've got some SW drink coupons. I'm doubtful we'll make our connection but DH swears we will. He made a 30 minute connection in Heathrow and says anything is possible. He's the Pollyana when it comes to travel. The rest of our life, it's me.

I think our plans look good too. We're a little bummed about Test Track being closed. I know one attraction doesn't make a park but Future World's main attraction, for us, is Test Track. We love Soarin' but always do it in CA too so it doesn't produce the same level of excitement as TT does. Nemo is cute. My crew thinks their too old for Turtle Talk. Love Spaceship Earth but I can't get them to ride it more than once, maybe twice a trip. Mission Space isn't our favorite. Innoventions is good for when it's raining. I know some people love it and maybe I haven't given it a proper chance? Hmm.....what am I missing? Figment, Ellen, Land ride.......
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #38
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I think the decorations stay up until the week after Halloween. I know the NBC overlay does. Wonder why WDW doesn't do the overlay? It's a huge hit with my family.

for the link. I'm very serious about needing SF help. As soon as we get back from WDW, I'll begin that planning. Right now they've got their flights into Oakland. No nonstops for a decent price from SLC to SF. Oakland is just as easy per DH.

I'll go check out your pre-trippie too but I don't see a link.

Disney-girls Friday? How fun! What have you got planned?

Oakland is just the other side of the bay to the Downtown SF area. I've only flown in via SFO and there is the BART that takes you into the Downtown area. If you're hiring a car, it will make very little difference which airport you fly into.


My latest PTR...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614243
I continued on from a previous PTR/TR on the Disneyland forum. There are posts there about San Francisco in the Jan 2011 section.

Quick links on the second post. And you should be able to catch up real quick if you just focus on the 2012 trip. I just posted our itinerary and plans for what we will be doing, and it includes our Girl Friday FunDay.

Hope to see you there!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #39
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

Ideally the third week in June. My kids go to camp at the end of June/early July for two weeks. If not June then August but I'll tell ya, this will be the last extended trip we take during the school year. Chloe is having a heck of a time keeping up and she's at school. I've been in contact with her teachers and they don't seem worried. She's been attending the after school tutoring 1-2 times a week and knows she'll have to go daily until her work is complete. We've asked multiple times for work and the teachers have been non responsive. She did finish a power point that's due 10/30. She's got a book report due 10/30 as we'll and insists she'll read the book on the plane. I know you know from experience that doesn't always pan out. She started the book this weekend. I'll be crossing my fingers. She's not purposely forgetful. One of the s/e of both of her medications is forgetfulness. And believe me, she forgets.

Oh yeah, where was I? The third week in June. I'm too that overwhelmed pre-trip psyched out feeling.

Yeah, it's doable but it's a bootable flight according to United. Remind me not to fly them again regardless of the credit I receive for this flight.

Michael will go if I go. He'll want to. He thinks I'm a dork but my judgement is good. He won't want to miss out. It's at Rosé and Crown right? Is there an ADR or do they have a bar? Jenna and Nate may come too. Jenna and I got to know each other here before meeting and that turned out spectacularly. We're great friends.
.......
ugh on school and non responsive teachers. We had issues with that in 2009.

No ADR at Rose and crown, plan is to meet in the bar. Definitely bring Jenna and Nate!

Jeff is the same way, thinks I'm a dork but is excited about the meet and our costumes even though he won't be there. We don't get out of school till the 3rd week in June. Wah!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #40
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Oakland is just the other side of the bay to the Downtown SF area. I've only flown in via SFO and there is the BART that takes you into the Downtown area. If you're hiring a car, it will make very little difference which airport you fly into.


My latest PTR...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614243
I continued on from a previous PTR/TR on the Disneyland forum. There are posts there about San Francisco in the Jan 2011 section.

Quick links on the second post. And you should be able to catch up real quick if you just focus on the 2012 trip. I just posted our itinerary and plans for what we will be doing, and it includes our Girl Friday FunDay.

Hope to see you there!



I found it. Your plans look really terrific and I like how you're not trying to do too much. Your must do list is very doable. Here is the link to my friend's blog. He lives in SF and is a huge Walt Disney fan. He's a great writer too. He's a super neat guy. http://www.thedisneyproject.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ugh on school and non responsive teachers. We had issues with that in 2009.

No ADR at Rose and crown, plan is to meet in the bar. Definitely bring Jenna and Nate!

Jeff is the same way, thinks I'm a dork but is excited about the meet and our costumes even though he won't be there. We don't get out of school till the 3rd week in June. Wah!

We're just going to do our best. This is Chloe's trip and I defeinelty don't want her mind filled with worry about school. We'll hit it hard when we return and we've done what we can in preparation for her to leave.

Cool, I'll bring them. They're really great. I can't believe how many wonderful friends I've met online who share a love of Disney. DH makes fun but I tell him, hey at least it's not on Match.com

Our June aren't set by any means. Jenna et al are thinking of driving out here from PA so it'll be dependent on their dates too. They plan ahead but not in the same nutty way I do. We'd like to then head up the coast and do the Big Tree Tour aka the Redwoods. Michael has been wanting to do that for a few years.






Today is my last non-working day before the trip. I have so much on my plate today and the next 6 days. Aside from taking Joshua to and from Hebrew school, which is an hour round trip, I've got to: go to the Apple store and get my iPhone fixed. My new iPhone no less. Once I downloaded iOS6, I've been unable to move my wifi button to the on position. I've literally had the phone a week and this happened the first day I got it. The only store is in SLC. I made an appointment for 1:00 today. I think the kids are going to try to talk us into seeing Frankenweenie. I really want to see it but don't have time for a flick today. We also need to get Joshua's hair trimmed, grocery store, organize my crazy work week, and finally clean. My house needs a good scrubbing.

DH works the next 4 days; two 12's and then a 48* at the FD. And no, none of its over time. They're shift trades for his multiple trips to Africa. He's now paying back.

This week I've still got to cancel the milk delivery, stop the mail, send in some financial forms for our LLC, work, we've got soccer, dance, and tumbling every night. On Tuesday and Thursday all 3 kids have activities. Combine all that with the pretrip jitters and basically I'm a mess. A happy, excited mess, but a mess non the less I've still got Ridemax itineraries to create and print (even though the end up at the bottom of bag after lunch, I like to have them) and organize our travel and hotel documents. We get Chloe's friend on Friday about 4:00 and take the dogs to the kennel. The girls want to get their nails done (painted). We're supposed to go to services for our friends' DD's bat mitzvah on Friday night but they live an hour away. The service will be no less than 90 minutes. We're also helping them set up chairs for the local service on Friday morning. We'll miss her actual bat mitzvah service as its Saturday night.


I feel exhausted now.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 10-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #41
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

Today's countdown photos are of all 3 resorts that we're staying at. I really feel so blessed to have such a fun vacation right upon us. Some photos are big and some are small.


6 days until WDW!!!



Now onto the photos. I'll start with AoA specifically the Nemo section, then the THV, and finally Kidani at AKV.















































*None of the above photos are mine. They all came from Google images.





__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #42
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran
 
Misskitty3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post




Today is my last non-working day before the trip. I have so much on my plate today and the next 6 days. Aside from taking Joshua to and from Hebrew school, which is an hour round trip, I've got to: go to the Apple store and get my iPhone fixed. My new iPhone no less. Once I downloaded iOS6, I've been unable to move my wifi button to the on position. I've literally had the phone a week and this happened the first day I got it. The only store is in SLC. I made an appointment for 1:00 today. I think the kids are going to try to talk us into seeing Frankenweenie. I really want to see it but don't have time for a flick today. We also need to get Joshua's hair trimmed, grocery store, organize my crazy work week, and finally clean. My house needs a good scrubbing.

DH works the next 4 days; two 12's and then a 48* at the FD. And no, none of its over time. They're shift trades for his multiple trips to Africa. He's now paying back.

This week I've still got to cancel the milk delivery, stop the mail, send in some financial forms for our LLC, work, we've got soccer, dance, and tumbling every night. On Tuesday and Thursday all 3 kids have activities. Combine all that with the pretrip jitters and basically I'm a mess. A happy, excited mess, but a mess non the less I've still got Ridemax itineraries to create and print (even though the end up at the bottom of bag after lunch, I like to have them) and organize our travel and hotel documents. We get Chloe's friend on Friday about 4:00 and take the dogs to the kennel. The girls want to get their nails done (painted). We're supposed to go to services for our friends' DD's bat mitzvah on Friday night but they live an hour away. The service will be no less than 90 minutes. We're also helping them set up chairs for the local service on Friday morning. We'll miss her actual bat mitzvah service as its Saturday night.


I feel exhausted now.
Why is it that the week before vacation is always packed with so many things??. Glad to know I am not the only one that goes thru this! Ha!

Your fligt to Pensacola sounds interesting! Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels -- keep an eye out! Growing up, my dad had his private pilot license so have spent a lot of time flying in small planes. It was a lot of fun (and much quicker than driving places) but can understand if you don't like flying, how a bigger plane would feel more secure!

On a side note, we are also planning a late June DLR trip! Although, I keep going back and forth if we should go at spring break. The weather has been unbelievable these last couple of months in Seattle but soon enough, the grey and drizzle will return. I have no sun breaks planned until Disney in June. Yikes!
__________________




Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,253

I'm tired just reading all that!

That makes me not want to download the ios6 update. I haven't had any issues with 5 but Jeff is refusing to update as he will lose google maps when he does.

And hey....Jeff and I met on match. As did my brother and his wife lol!

Last edited by eandesmom; 10-07-2012 at 11:49 AM.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom
I'm tired just reading all that!

That makes me not want to download the ios6 update. I haven't had any issues with 5 but Jeff is refusing to update as he will lose google maps when he does.

And hey....Jeff and I met on match. As did my brother and his wife lol!
I'm on my phone waiting for Joshua....I didn't mean Match was bad in general but bad for me if that's how I'm meeting people since I'm already married- lmao!!!!!

I didn't forget you MissKitty, I just didn't want Cynthia thinking I was slagging those who meet on Match.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 10-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

I'm here!
I need to catch up in between last minute planning and packing.
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: