Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #2761
disneyrick
Cruizin 4 Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyjolly View Post
Hi everyone. We're so excited to be joining all of you on this EBPC cruise. We did the WBPC in January 2011 and decided it would be great to take the same ship back the other way. It will be me (Heather) and DH Mike. This will be our 7th Disney cruise - #6 is later this month on the Fantasy for my birthday.

We'd also like to join in the FE exchange.

Heather
Hollyjolly do you by chance have copies of the Personal Navigators from that cruise? I know there will be a lot of difference but it would be nice to get some idea of what to expect.

Walt Disney World - Oct 99, Pop Century Dec 03 First Guests, Sept 05, Sept 06 , Sept 07, Feb 08, Dec 10, Oct 13, Nov 13, Dec 13 Saratoga Springs - Dec 10 Polynesian - Oct 02, Boardwalk Villas - Dec 03, Dec 05, Dec 11, All Star Movies - Oct 01, All Star Sports - Dec 03, Port Orleans FQ - Aug 12, Art of Animation Lion King Suite - Aug 12 First Guests,
Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #2762
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Cartagena Tour with Sylvia (Marelvy Pena-Hall Associate)

I booked a tour of Cartagena with Sylvia (who works with Marelvy Pena-Hall) and she said another cruise family of 8 (4 adults/4 kids) would be joining us.

Any chance that family is a fellow DISboard member? If so, PM me it would be fun to meet prior :-)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #2763
holula
DIS Veteran

Haircut :(

So I was growing my hair and have been for a while... It needed a trim and so I went yesterday to have it cut and told the woman what I wanted. Somehow I ended up with hair THREE INCHES shorter than it was and horrible bllunt layers and I cried over it after. It looks awful and will take months to grow out. I wanted my long hair so I could get a formal updo on the cruise and now my hair is so short I can't get it up. I am so angry!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I had to vent, someone will understand I hope.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #2764
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
So I was growing my hair and have been for a while... It needed a trim and so I went yesterday to have it cut and told the woman what I wanted. Somehow I ended up with hair THREE INCHES shorter than it was and horrible bllunt layers and I cried over it after. It looks awful and will take months to grow out. I wanted my long hair so I could get a formal updo on the cruise and now my hair is so short I can't get it up. I am so angry!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that sucks. I am so sorry. I hope this wasn't someone you have been seeing for a while. Is there anyone else in the salon that can clean it up for you?
And I have to say, a good stylist can do wonders with updos even with the shortest hair, so all is not lost for the cruise.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #2765
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
If there are any divers out there looking to dive Cabo, here is the information. Please feel free to join us!
This sounds interesting. My DH is a newly certified diver, he has only dived in Monterey, CA and I am sure would love to actually dive somewhere in clear water. We have been on opposing schedules the last 2 weeks, so haven't seen much of each other, but will let you know. Also, since he would be a single diver, would need to confirm they have a partner for him, right?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #2766
Owensfamily
Awaiting Adventure

No Idea

Our cute family of four have booked this cruise. Our first cruise no less. We want to do fish extenders but it won't let me PM anyone because I am new here. If anyone can help me out that would be great. As of this minute I can't find my room number, I don't believe we have been assigned it yet.
There is so much to look forward to I am a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks for any help.
Hallie
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #2767
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensfamily View Post
Our cute family of four have booked this cruise. Our first cruise no less. We want to do fish extenders but it won't let me PM anyone because I am new here. If anyone can help me out that would be great. As of this minute I can't find my room number, I don't believe we have been assigned it yet.

Thanks for any help.
Hallie
Welcome Hallie! We are newbie's too - family of four. I believe that you need 10 posts to be able to PM (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Just post a few more, and you're good.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #2768
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for any help.
Hallie

Glad you can join us. What a great first cruise. I will PM Tammy to let her know that you would like to join the FE group as the cut off is Oct 9th. She will need to know if you want to participate in 1, 2 or all 3 groups and the ages of your children and any allergies. It is just my husband and myself (oldies!!??) but it is so much fun. We so enjoy giving to the children. We did it when we took our two grandsons last year on the Dream and they had such a blast.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions that you have. Usually someone on here will have an answer or know where to find one.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #2769
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 9 weeks,
that is 63 sleeps
!
Did you know?
The Miraflores is the first set of locks that we will go through. It is a two step lock.
Depending on the tide, we will lift around 13.1 m (43 ft) at extreme high tide and 19.7 m (64.5 ft) at extreme low tide.
So I wonder what the tide will be?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #2770
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

What day do we cross the Canal? On the 16th, tide is high at Balboa around 5:40 am. The next day it's 6 something.

Happy day, all!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #2771
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I understand and it is always nice to vent. Maybe if you book a hair appointment in the spa on the day of formal night, they will be able to do something special with it that will make you feel even more pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
This sounds interesting. My DH is a newly certified diver, he has only dived in Monterey, CA and I am sure would love to actually dive somewhere in clear water. We have been on opposing schedules the last 2 weeks, so haven't seen much of each other, but will let you know. Also, since he would be a single diver, would need to confirm they have a partner for him, right?
My DH is also newly certified but has been lucky enough to only dive in good conditions. Since I have never dived in Cabo, I can't speak from experiance but I'm hoping the visability will be great. Not having a buddy shouldn't be an issue, he can either buddy up with our dive master or just truddy with us. The conditions can be a little rough at Land's End (near the arch) so with two begineer divers, I am assuming we will dive elsewhere in the Marine Park.

Also, DH and I signed up for the Costa Maya 2-tank dive through Disney. If your DH is looking to also dive in the Caribbean, I would suggest Costa Maya, it is one of my favorites with great vis. He can always truddy with us if another single diver didn't sign up. I haven't dove in Costa Maya since 2005 (pre-hurricane Dean) but I heard the reefs survived. Just remember to pack the C-card, they will ask for it.

Pictures below are from Thanksgiving Day 2005 Dive in Costa Maya.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #2772
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Broken Toes

Last night I got a little too involved in the WVU vs. Texas game and during the course of the game, my right foot made forceable contact with the coffee table and I broke three toes! This of course is completely the fault of WVU defense and their inability to stop the ball (except when needed in the 4th quater) and had nothing to do with the amount of drinks consumed last night. On a positive note, DH and I got to play with the x-ray machine at his work, WVU ended up winning(barely) and I got to see Rich Rod and Arizona lose in OT. Overall it was a good day. Running might have to be put on hold for a bit though. Glad we decided not to do the Wine and dine half marathon.

Anyway, it reminded me, who torn their ACL? How are you feeling and when is your surgery?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #2773
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Cabin Door Message Board

I made these "dry earse" boards for our cabin doors. If anyone is interested in one for your door, I can make you one. The board measures 8"x8". I will bring them without magnets on the back (less weight for me) so just bring sticky magnet strips with you and a BLACK dry earse marker. I can bring them to the first day meet.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #2774
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for any help.
Hallie
Hallie,

Welcome - glad to have your family joining us - you can email your information for the FE Exchange to me at dthogue5@verizon.net

I need to know the names of the adults, the names, sex and age of the children, your email address and cabin number.

Tammy

Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #2775
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Understand completely - sorry this happened to you - hopefully you can still get your updo. I'm in process of growing my hair out too and it is in all stages of funky - hope it's ok by the crusie or all my pictures will be with terrible hair

Quote:
Last night I got a little too involved in the WVU vs. Texas game and during the course of the game, my right foot made forceable contact with the coffee table and I broke three toes! This of course is completely the fault of WVU defense and their inability to stop the ball (except when needed in the 4th quater) and had nothing to do with the amount of drinks consumed last night. On a positive note, DH and I got to play with the x-ray machine at his work, WVU ended up winning(barely) and I got to see Rich Rod and Arizona lose in OT. Overall it was a good day. Running might have to be put on hold for a bit though. Glad we decided not to do the Wine and dine half marathon.
Ouch sorry to hear about your toes - sounds painful.

Quote:
I made these "dry earse" boards for our cabin doors. If anyone is interested in one for your door, I can make you one. The board measures 8"x8". I will bring them without magnets on the back (less weight for me) so just bring sticky magnet strips with you and a BLACK dry earse marker. I can bring them to the first day meet.

That is so neat - we would love one! Thank you for the generous offer.

Tammy

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: