Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #781
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

Oh I hope this is true! Room only is my discount of choice! Fingers crossed!
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
TaraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #782
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddywhompus View Post
I just got off the phone with a CM, and he said the disney visa discount starts today, and that the public discount starts the 10th. RO discount. There was no hinting or dragging it our of him, he offered it up like a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I am thankful for any discount, but was really hoping for FD.
WHAT?!?!?!?!!? What is the Disney Visa discount?????

McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #783
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

I'm a Disney visa holder and have not gotten any email offers. How does it usually work?
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #784
kiddywhompus
Earning My Ears

Isn't that for people who have the Disney Visa card? He asked if I had one, and I don't. he said, "oh, because the visa discount starts today"
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #785
kiddywhompus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
I'm a Disney visa holder and have not gotten any email offers. How does it usually work?
I would call. A CM told me yesterday to not rely on emails or the website, but to call in for up to date discounts.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #786
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't that for people who have the Disney Visa card? He asked if I had one, and I don't. he said, "oh, because the visa discount starts today"
I have a Disney Visa, did he say what the discount was? When I call, I just want to be armed with knowledge in the event my CM doesn't know anything......

Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #787
kiddywhompus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I have a Disney Visa, did he say what the discount was? When I call, I just want to be armed with knowledge in the event my CM doesn't know anything......
He just said it was the discount for disney visa holders, it was available for travel dates between January and March, and it was a RO discount. Hope that helps! Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #788
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Yeah, RO discount is out for Disney Visa 1/2-3/7. Rats, doesn't work for my dates. He said to keep watching, as more things might come out and he did confirm the October 10th date as "something else" as well.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #789
3angelsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a CM, and he said the disney visa discount starts today, and that the public discount starts the 10th. RO discount. There was no hinting or dragging it our of him, he offered it up like a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I am thankful for any discount, but was really hoping for FD.
Well this is encouraging. RO is my discount of choice! Dying to know which resorts, what percentage.......

Nothing posted about it on Mousesavers yet
3angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #790
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Just got the Disney Rewards Visa discount added to my rooms at POP. One room was standard, one preferred. I got the standard room for $84.11 tx included per night and the preferred for $92.81 with tax included. The first time I called the CM said no discounts for Jan. yet, so call back if you get a lazy CM. good luck everyone.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #791
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Just got the Disney Rewards Visa discount added to my rooms at POP. One room was standard, one preferred. I got the standard room for $84.11 tx included per night and the preferred for $92.81 with tax included. The first time I called the CM said no discounts for Jan. yet, so call back if you get a lazy CM. good luck everyone.
So would you estimate that you received a 15% discount, or are these prices 20%?

I wonder if the DV discount is 15%, 25%, & 35%?
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #792
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

Just got the Disney VISA discount applied to my room only reservation. Hard to say what the exact % is because they originally incorrectly listed the room price at POR as water view vs river view (a bit more $) on the original reservation.

Today they changed the price to river view and the grand total with tax was a little more than 26% less than the original. I'm guessing if I stayed with water view it would be close to 30%. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone in getting their discounts.
Muddy Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #793
hookedondw
Earning My Ears

We just got a 25% RO at Wilderness Lodge for January 21-26 with our Disney Visa. She did not know anything about FD at this time.
hookedondw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #794
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I was told that since I booked an AP package (no tickets, passholder dining) that I can't get the Disney Visa discount, and to wait for passholder discounts to come out in mid-November.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #795
hookedondw
Earning My Ears

We just got a 25% RO at Wilderness Lodge for January 21-26 with our Disney Visa. She did not know anything about FD at this time.
hookedondw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: