The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Thumbs up Review: Quality Inn Plaza

We are just back and stayed 2 nights at the Quality Inn Plaza at 9000 International Blvd. located in the Sea World and Convention center area.

LOVED IT! Located smack dab between Sea World and Universal with easy access to I-4 and the Lake Buena Vista and Disney areas.

Newly renovated rooms that were lovely with dark cherry wood, exceptionally comfortable beds and bedding, sliding pocket doors that separated the vanity/bathroom area (I could get ready without disturbing my sleeping teens), iron/board, curved shower rod with oversized tub, great water pressure, blow dryer, efficient A/C, microwave, fridge and coffee maker, safe, several clean swimming pools and more.

There is a Walmart just on the other side of I-4 just under the overpass and a Walgreens across the street. There are a million restaurants (Denny's, Olive Garden, Tony Roma's, Lobsterfeast, etc.) and things to do like mini golf all within walking distance. Free parking with access only thru a security guard/gate and what appeared to be free shuttle bus service to the theme parks although we had a rental car. We saw the Disney Cruiseline bus pick up folks from the hotel.

There was even a helicopter tour company right next door to our room but the room had such great sound proofing that we didn't even know it until we woke up and opened the curtains just in time to see a helicopter go zooming by our window...my son thought that was cool! Our "A" building room was on the 6th floor facing the helicopter tour company and I-4.

We would most definitely stay there again! Our rate was under $60 per night with taxes/fees.

Gina

Last edited by eeyoregon; 10-14-2009 at 11:05 PM.
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
eeyoregon

I was just checking rates on this hotel for next year and found rates for as low as $40 a night at the big online travel sites. That is a great deal for this lovely resort.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great little review. We might start looking at off-site hotels as we may want to visit Universal & Sea World with a couple of days at Disney parks. Plus the Disney resorts are just getting a little bit too expensive.
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
eeyoregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
Thanks for the great little review. We might start looking at off-site hotels as we may want to visit Universal & Sea World with a couple of days at Disney parks. Plus the Disney resorts are just getting a little bit too expensive.
That was exactly the situation that we were in and on a tight budget. I was really impressed with our room, especially for the price! The fridge/microwave would have been awesome for a longer stay.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Thank you, we have had our holiday re arranged due to the ash, so we dont know where we are staying on I driveas of yet.... so this review is very handy, if we get a choice !!!

Please can I ask, we dont have a car, just me and my dd 7.. going to use Lynx and I trolley....

Also can we WALK to Walmart???
Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
maznorm
Mouseketeer

You can't walk to Walmart. I would think you can get the IRide as far as Publix though. It really is very well located for non drivers. It is right opposite Pointe Orlando.

We stayed there a few years back and are going back this year. The only faults I found with it were the front of house staff weren't the most helpful. They tried but I don't think they could understand us half the time. Also, the rooms were in dire need of a refurb which has now been done.

maznorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
dennise
DIS Veteran

Do any of the rooms have flat screen TV's? Our room was reburb., but had a regular TV.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
eeyoregon

Apparently this hotel is now called: Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando
Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
SunniKC
Mouseketeer

I was coming to find any information on this hotel. My mom bought a package from the Today Show for 4 nights for $199 and is giving it to us.
SunniKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
ETHANSMOMMA
Earning My Ears

Quality Inn, A Rosin Property

DH, DS and I will be staying here for 4 nights the end of March. I'll let you know how it goes. We got an AMAZING deal thru Hotels.com so I figured it was worth the risk.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
eeyoregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANSMOMMA View Post
DH, DS and I will be staying here for 4 nights the end of March. I'll let you know how it goes. We got an AMAZING deal thru Hotels.com so I figured it was worth the risk.
How was your stay? Would love to hear from you.

Gina
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #12
blebert
Mouseketeer

How far is it from Disney?
Hoping this list will grow
My Favorite Disney Memory is getting to spend a weekend at Disney World with Rascal Flatts when they were first coming out.
blebert is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: