Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

I've applied every year, and never made it past round 1. I (foolishly) applied for the runDisney one this year - and I know that I won't get it. I'm fairly certain that my last runDisney event is too far in the past, and the marathon in 2013 won't count. Plus, it's the Moms Panel, and runDisney seems to be more and more focused on female runners.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad
I've applied every year, and never made it past round 1. I (foolishly) applied for the runDisney one this year - and I know that I won't get it. I'm fairly certain that my last runDisney event is too far in the past, and the marathon in 2013 won't count. Plus, it's the Moms Panel, and runDisney seems to be more and more focused on female runners.
I have to agree with that, I hope they have more for men in the coming years. Maybe RunDisney could do a prince run.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
I have to agree with that, I hope they have more for men in the coming years. Maybe RunDisney could do a prince run.
I don't think they will ever do anything tailored specifically for men. I think MW, the DL Half, EE Challenge and Wine and Dine are all gender neutral but the primary shirts are mens fit and so I'd guess they count them as mens events.

I am trying to get DW to run the princess in 2013 and will run it with her as a prince if she runs.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike

I don't think they will ever do anything tailored specifically for men. I think MW, the DL Half, EE Challenge and Wine and Dine are all gender neutral but the primary shirts are mens fit and so I'd guess they count them as mens events.

I am trying to get DW to run the princess in 2013 and will run it with her as a prince if she runs.
True, but I can dream, good luck with DW. Finally got mine to join me for ToT and W&D

Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I don't think they will ever do anything tailored specifically for men. .
That's because we give it away for free ......... on the Dis Dads Club in these DisBoards.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post

I'd buy that argument if runDisney weren't constantly showing pics of (almost) only women runners. I think runDisney just figures that men will run a few of those events anyway, but they really want to draw as many women runners as possible.

After all, I have to drink around the world showcase (twice) before I am even in the ballpark for one of those Disney purses they sell out of during marathon weekend.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
labtecmike
Earning My Ears

Did you ever get in to the race?
http://rugbyralphlauren.org/
labtecmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #23
Jousey
Dis Dad #694

ToT

went to the expo yesterday and there was minimal stuff that was in unisex or mens. No jacket but I went and bought a DVC jacket.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: