Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #61
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony
A great dining review, we had the same thoughts about it. SO MUCH sugary foods for breakfast, I'm not a fan of sugar hahaha. I prefer salt.
Haha you always seem to post in between my updates. If my memory serves me right you must of just back from wdw recently right? How was it?

Also yes Im a salt person too! :-)

Old 09-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #62
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Awesome review at Chef Mickey's! And awesome start to your HS day I don't think I will ever get up the nerve to ride that one...so, I'll live it vicariously through you!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #63
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 3: Countdown to Fun

Soundtrack:

We then walked over to Rock and Roller Coaster for a wild ride. Although I love thrill rides, I'm not a big fan of this ride. This one is too shaky for me. I love the take off part but by the end I feel nauseous.

I think we then walked over to Toy Story Mania but by that point the return time was around the time where we would be back at the resort so we skipped it and went to The Great Movie Ride!

I was surprised by the number of people who walked into the queue area with the movie previews and say: "I thought this was a ride?", "Is this it?". I saw a few people actually leave the line because they thought the "ride" was boring.

See I LOVE the theming in GMR, you start the queue in the lobby area, then watch the previews in the "theater" and then when the movie starts you go "into" the movies. I think it's brilliant.

We then went to my favorite building to meet Mickey and Draw Chip of Chip and Dale fan.

After that we decided to go back to the resort to have a nap, visit Art of Animation and have lunch at Landscape of flavors.

It was so hot that day that we decided to return later in the evening to visit the Lion King wing. I'll have pictures later on I promise. It is a beautiful resort. The food was a bit bland but the chocolate muffin was delicious (so was the energy drink haha). We took the bus from there to DHS to spend the rest of the day.

We got there a few minutes before parade time so we set up camp right on the corner where the parade would finish so we could hear the music from up the street while we waited for the parade to get to us. So we had fun and danced. I think Jess made her first pin trade with a very nice CM.

Let me hear you scream now
5-4-3-2 Fun!
Everybody sing along
We wanna hear the whole crowd

COUNTDOWN TO FUN!
(click for soundtrack)

Continued in next post...

Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #64
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 3: Countdown to Fun (2)

We had a little while before our supper ADR at 50's Prime Time so what did we do?

Surprise!!

I don't think we've ever waited more then 20 minutes for this ride but I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Oh and I love looking at everyone else in the elevator in the ride photo. You can always find some funny faces (including myself of course).

Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #65
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Awesome review at Chef Mickey's! And awesome start to your HS day I don't think I will ever get up the nerve to ride that one...so, I'll live it vicariously through you!
You neeeeeed to ride it. It's a lot of fun and by far the best thrill ride EVER. The theming is great.

Also I found the link explaining the two structures at the entrance. http://www.towerofterror.org/history/design

Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #66
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Haha you always seem to post in between my updates. If my memory serves me right you must of just back from wdw recently right? How was it?

Also yes Im a salt person too! :-)
I know! I need to slow it down a bit I guess!
I am just recently returned, started the tr too if you're interested! (in my sig)
I love rock n roller coaster but hate the tower.
I do love the dhs parade! It's so much fun. I never realized George Sanderson still has the sock on his back! How cute! We have a 2319!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #67
lisatav
Mouseketeer

I have absolutely loved reading your TR so far! I've caught up to everything today and am looking forward to the next installment. The music is wonderful! I've had so much fun listening to all the music! My favorite has been Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. It's not my favorite parade but I've always loved the music! Thanks for sharing your disneymoon with all of us!

Last edited by lisatav; 10-07-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #68
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Love your updates! We are the opposite of each other when it comes to Rockin Roller! I don't mind the rest of the ride, but I am scared to death of the take off!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #69
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

That's a Brita water bottle that Jess has, isn't it? I don't remember you saying if it was or not in your PTR, but I think I remember you mentioning it in one of your last posts before you left...anyway, if it is, how did it work out? I'm considering getting one instead of using my hydration pack, but I'm on the fence...if it's not then, never mind!

As for the ToT...if I was in the line-up, and someone was really trying to get me to ride it, I might do it, but I know my fiance won't ride it so I doubt I will...this trip anyway

I also love the GMR! What scene did you get, gangster, or western?

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #70
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's a Brita water bottle that Jess has, isn't it? I don't remember you saying if it was or not in your PTR, but I think I remember you mentioning it in one of your last posts before you left...anyway, if it is, how did it work out? I'm considering getting one instead of using my hydration pack, but I'm on the fence...if it's not then, never mind!

As for the ToT...if I was in the line-up, and someone was really trying to get me to ride it, I might do it, but I know my fiance won't ride it so I doubt I will...this trip anyway

I also love the GMR! What scene did you get, gangster, or western?
I like the brita bottle, it makes Disney fountain water bearable and the opening is big enough to fit ice cubes. I liked having it.

We got the gangster scene. I don't think I've ever had the cowboy scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Love your updates! We are the opposite of each other when it comes to Rockin Roller! I don't mind the rest of the ride, but I am scared to death of the take off!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks. At least the take off is done quickly eh? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatav View Post
I have absolutely loved reading your TR so far! I've cause up to everything today and am looking forward to the next installment. The music is wonderful! I've had so much fun listening to all the music! My favorite has been Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. It's not my favorite parade but I've always loved the music! Thanks for sharing your disneymoon with all of us!
Thanks for reading I love finding the music for every update. I haven't decided which parade is my favorite but I really love the Jammin' Jungle parade soundtrack. The Countdown to Fun song is pretty catchy too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I know! I need to slow it down a bit I guess!
I am just recently returned, started the tr too if you're interested! (in my sig)
I love rock n roller coaster but hate the tower.
I do love the dhs parade! It's so much fun. I never realized George Sanderson still has the sock on his back! How cute! We have a 2319!
I am pretty bad for motion sickness so I think the fact that TOT only goes up and down makes it a good option for me. RnR is just a bit too high on the motion sick scale to be a favorite but I still enjoy it.

Jess noticed the sock on George in the parade. I love the attention to details that Disney has even in its parades.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #71
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 3: 50's Prime Time

Soundtrack: Intro to Walt Disney's Disneyland

On tonight's episode we go to 50's Prime Time Café for supper. We had made a last minute ADR here last year when our trip got prolonged by the hurricane and we had enjoyed it so we thought we would try it again.

We walked in a few minutes before our reservation time with the hopes of sitting at the bar in the lounge while waiting for a family member to come get us.

The first sign that the evening would not go as planned. The lounge area was closed.

We where quickly seated at a TV table which could of been awesome.

The waiter came in and introduced himself and asked for our drink order while he was clearing out the other tables in the room. I didn't feel comfortable talking to someone who isn't looking at us so we waited till his attention was actually on us to place our order. Then he told us that beer was not available while they where waxing the floors in the lounge (although we saw another CM pass by with a beer later on). He took both our drink and meal order right away and 15 minutes after having entered the restaurant we had our food in front of us.

PB&J milkshake: Strong PB taste, good thick texture, too much for just one person (or two).

Chicken Pot Pie: Overall ok, the biscuit was good, lots of chicken.

Fried Chicken: LOTS of chicken, it was good too.

A few more pictures of the room.

Overall: Very uneventful meal, barely saw our CM and we where out within 30 minutes of having entered the restaurant. The food was ok. No typical 50's PT antics. We didn't enjoy the experience and we would not return to the restaurant part of 50's.

I don't think that our experience is reflective of what most people experience there, I imagine that our CM was having an off day or something like that. What are your experiences at 50's ?

Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #72
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh dear, that's just not a fun night at 50's at all.
I've never done 50's as just a couple. Last year we went as a group of 6 and this year as a group of 5. Both times we had an amazing waiter/cousin and both guys were totally into it and teasing right from the start. We had great meals both times too, but really I think the entertainment was the best part, especially being part of it. I'm very sorry to hear your meal was less than magical! My parents are going next month, just the two of them, and my dad is really shy so I'll be very interested to see how their experience goes. It sounds like your waiter was having an off day for sure.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #73
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Wow, that's really weird! I've never heard of TS meal going that quickly, let alone one from the 50's! It's also weird the bar wasn't open...

I'm really glad you guys got to eat there before to get a more "true" experience, and I can totally see why you wouldn't want to return after that. At least the food wasn't horrible

Also, I think you guys sat at the same booth that we had when we were there last year, lol!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #74
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

woo i'm finally caught up,good stuff!! I was in wdw myself and have now started my tr(which no one seems to be reading LOL)and have to say we did alot of the same things...Akershus,Le Cellier,50's prime Time,and my first ride on TOT among a bunch of other firsts.I hear ya on the Le Cellier thing the table next to us was practically on top of us and I need my personal space,well the kid at that table was hacking out god only knows what and I was disgusted.i think the mom realised though because she soon moved him to the opposite side,I guess my face said it all.I'm not very good at hiding it lol.it was gross but my food was epic!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #75
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh dear, that's just not a fun night at 50's at all.
I've never done 50's as just a couple. Last year we went as a group of 6 and this year as a group of 5. Both times we had an amazing waiter/cousin and both guys were totally into it and teasing right from the start. We had great meals both times too, but really I think the entertainment was the best part, especially being part of it. I'm very sorry to hear your meal was less than magical! My parents are going next month, just the two of them, and my dad is really shy so I'll be very interested to see how their experience goes. It sounds like your waiter was having an off day for sure.
I imagine that 50's is more fun as a group. It probably makes the meal more of an experience. Let me know how your parents enjoy it.

Quote:
Wow, that's really weird! I've never heard of TS meal going that quickly, let alone one from the 50's! It's also weird the bar wasn't open...

I'm really glad you guys got to eat there before to get a more "true" experience, and I can totally see why you wouldn't want to return after that. At least the food wasn't horrible

Also, I think you guys sat at the same booth that we had when we were there last year, lol!
yeah, I was surprised at the time too but I checked my watch and I also checked the time stamps on the pictures both said 30 minutes. I know a lot of people like to eat quick to enjoy more time in the park but we where looking forward to relaxing with our supper haha.
I agree that its good we had that past visit to compare so that we know this isn't the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
woo i'm finally caught up,good stuff!! I was in wdw myself and have now started my tr(which no one seems to be reading LOL)and have to say we did alot of the same things...Akershus,Le Cellier,50's prime Time,and my first ride on TOT among a bunch of other firsts.I hear ya on the Le Cellier thing the table next to us was practically on top of us and I need my personal space,well the kid at that table was hacking out god only knows what and I was disgusted.i think the mom realised though because she soon moved him to the opposite side,I guess my face said it all.I'm not very good at hiding it lol.it was gross but my food was epic!!!
Welcome back Glad you could catch up. I'm going to jump over to check out your TR right away. HOW DID YOU LIKE TOT? I love riding with first time riders. I always get a kick out of how much they enjoy it (or don't).
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought that about Le Cellier. I wonder if the seating arrangement is different for the supper time (2 TS) meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: