Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
101disneyfan
Disney Movie Club Member since March 2014

Disney, Universal, Christmas, Flights....

Alright, experts!
What I would like to know is if there are any sorts of packages (Disney-related, Universal-related, or third party) that would include:
  • a flight to MCO
  • a hotel with shuttles to/from the airport, and the 4 WDW theme parks, and the 2 Universal Orlando theme parks
  • theme park tickets

If anybody has any ideas, please feel free to leave them here, and if any other travelers can benefit from this thread, then I'm happy to share the information with another!

Thanks everyone!

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
2015 Disneyland/ABD Backstage Magic
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Can tell you for certain that the Universal packages are RARELY worth it.If you can swing staying onsite at one of Universals hotels, it will give you the Express pass for resort guests which gets you almost to the front of the line ( it is like instant fastpass) for all rides, as many times as you want, EXCEPT- Rip Ride Rocket, Pteranodon Flyers, Harry Potter Forbbiden Journey and Ollivanders Wand shop.If you are considering traveling Christmas week, you will want the express pass since universal is just as packed as Disney and waits can be over an hour for attractions.If you do not stay onsite, you can purchase the Express pass, BUT it is only good for one ride per attraction( resort guests have unlimited) and is a cost in ADDITION to park tickets.The cost of express pass depedns on the projected park crowds for the day, the largr the crowds the more expensive the pass and they can run out of them( I have seen the pass as much as $70 per person ).Each pass is DATE SPECIFIC and PARK SPECIFIC. so if you wanted to visit both parks, you would need 2 separate express passes.Head over to the Universal forum for more info
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

I would just book direct with Disney. That covers the whole Disney part of it and has transport. For universal you could just pay for a shuttle or taxi there.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

If you decide to stay at one of the Universal hotels I would recommend doing the WDW portion of your trip first. We did US/IOA first and stayed on site. My kids got used to the unlimited express pass and were very unhappy standing in lines at WDW after that (even though we had a great touring plan and made use of fast passes and never ended up standing in line very long).
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy03231 View Post
If you decide to stay at one of the Universal hotels I would recommend doing the WDW portion of your trip first. We did US/IOA first and stayed on site. My kids got used to the unlimited express pass and were very unhappy standing in lines at WDW after that (even though we had a great touring plan and made use of fast passes and never ended up standing in line very long).
I can see why..I said the same thing after Unversal..I can't go back to Disneys Fastpass , I am spoiled..LOL

Tags
flights, hotel, universal, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: