Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #886
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We check in Saturday too but when I checked the weather yesterday it was only showing like a 20% chance of rain which is typical. Hope it hasn't changed
Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #887
Minniesota2002
Earning My Ears

Elevator location in building

Can anyone tell me about the location of the elevator in the buildings? Is their more than one in each building? Is the elevator located in the middle or near the end of the buildings? Arriving in 65 days.

Thanks, Minniesota2002
Minniesota2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #888
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We check in Saturday too but when I checked the weather yesterday it was only showing like a 20% chance of rain which is typical. Hope it hasn't changed
"Accu"weather is forecasting 75% chance of rain from Tuesday on. Every other resource (TWC & Wunderground are the only ones doing 10days) is saying 20-40%. All 5 ("Accu", TWC, WU, WESH, and NWS) are all forecasting the standard late summer/early fall Orlando forecast (highs in the 80s, lows in the 70s, 20-40% chance of rain every day) for the next 7 days.

On other words, they should really change their name to Inaccuweather .

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #889
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesota2002 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the location of the elevator in the buildings? Is their more than one in each building? Is the elevator located in the middle or near the end of the buildings? Arriving in 65 days.

Thanks, Minniesota2002
The elevator locations vary in each building. Note that each building, even though it has three sections, only has one elevator. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see that each set of three units that are called one building has one of the units with a bump out. For instance, looking at Building 5, it is the section that is closest to the river that has the elevator bump out. Do you see it? Unless you are hauling luggage or staying in one of the rooms near the elevator, it is almost not worth using the elevator. The stairways are not steep, they are very easy to navigate even if you've had a long day in the park.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 09-25-2012 at 12:33 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #890
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Trail's End breakfast

I am beginning to plan out our days for our April 2013 trip. I've always wanted to go to Fort Wilderness so I thought we might as well eat breakfast there. I'm just not sure what time to figure we will get there.

MK opens at 9:00 so we would hopefully get a bus at 8:00. Then from MK we need to catch the launch to FW. Would we make it by 9:00?
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #891
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1
I have been looking at 10 day too and three days say 30% chance and the rest 20. Keeping fingers crossed
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #892
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

[QUOTE=pwdebbie;46263828]I am beginning to plan out our days for our April 2013 trip. I've always wanted to go to Fort Wilderness so I thought we might as well eat breakfast there. I'm just not sure what time to figure we will get there.

MK opens at 9:00 so we would hopefully get a bus at 8:00. Then from MK we need to catch the launch to FW. Would we make it by 9:00?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. You aren't factoring in possible wait times for the launches and the time to walk to and from the dock to the restaurant. I'd think you'd probably want to leave at least an extra half hour earlier.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #893
Minniesota2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
The elevator locations vary in each building. Note that each building, even though it has three sections, only has one elevator. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see that each set of three units that are called one building has one of the units with a bump out. For instance, looking at Building 5, it is the section that is closest to the river that has the elevator bump out. Do you see it? Unless you are hauling luggage or staying in one of the rooms near the elevator, it is almost not worth using the elevator. The stairways are not steep, they are very easy to navigate even if you've had a long day in the park.
pwdebbie,

Thanks for your reply abut the elevator locations in each building. Yes, I was able to see the elevator bumps on each building and it seems that the elevators are located in the furtherest section of the building from the main building and food court. My friend wants to stay on 2nd floor because she feels 1st floor is noisy due to outside traffic, but has problems with her knee and prefers to not do stairs. After seeing the elevator locations, I think 1st floor would be better than either the stairs or walking all the way to get to an elevator and then walking back to get to your room. Any opinions of 1st vs 2nd floor? Any building suggestions?

Minniesota2002
Minniesota2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #894
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran

i just booked your 2nd honeymoon in dec. and we are going to stay at POFQ again because he had such a good time in Feb. plus we want to see it not under construction lol

Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!

Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
jeepwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #895
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
pwdebbie,

Thanks for your reply abut the elevator locations in each building. Yes, I was able to see the elevator bumps on each building and it seems that the elevators are located in the furtherest section of the building from the main building and food court. My friend wants to stay on 2nd floor because she feels 1st floor is noisy due to outside traffic, but has problems with her knee and prefers to not do stairs. After seeing the elevator locations, I think 1st floor would be better than either the stairs or walking all the way to get to an elevator and then walking back to get to your room. Any opinions of 1st vs 2nd floor? Any building suggestions?

Minniesota2002
We have stayed in bldg. 3 & 6 on the ground floor and didn't think they were noisier then a higher floor. If you are worried about noise on the ground floor I would stay away from bldg. 2 & 5 facing the pool. The noisiest room we had was bldg. 5 third floor overlooking the pool . Even then it wasn't bad.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #896
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

We have stayed 1st floor and 3rd floor. I did not think there was any difference in noise.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #897
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
"Accu"weather is forecasting 75% chance of rain from Tuesday on. Every other resource (TWC & Wunderground are the only ones doing 10days) is saying 20-40%. All 5 ("Accu", TWC, WU, WESH, and NWS) are all forecasting the standard late summer/early fall Orlando forecast (highs in the 80s, lows in the 70s, 20-40% chance of rain every day) for the next 7 days.

On other words, they should really change their name to Inaccuweather .
So true! We were down there earlier this month (Sept 1st-8th). I was checking the weather forcast every day and dreading it, because they were all forcasting rain every single day of our trip. We only had rain twice (one night leaving DTD and one evening walking back to the car after dinner at Epcot).
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #898
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
pwdebbie,

Minniesota2002
I always request first floor. Only once have I ever noticed any noise from the room above us and that was at Pop several years ago. At POFQ I have been on the bottom floor in buildings 2, 3, and 4 and never heard a sound. We've also had first floor rooms at Pop, AS Sports, CSR (seven times), PORS, CBR, AKL, and YC.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #899
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
they were all forcasting rain every single day of our trip. We only had rain twice (one night leaving DTD and one evening walking back to the car after dinner at Epcot).
If there is a 20% chance of rain in the Orlando area for your week-long trip, you might only get rained on once - and then it might depend on which park your were in at what time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #900
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pwdebbie,

Minniesota2002
Definitely request ground floor.
We were in building 2 on the ground floor last month.
We were directly across from the laundry facilities.
We did not here a peep from outside.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: