Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

WDW Premium Annual Pass for just $399, a savings of $300, Oct 1 - Dec 31.

New offer announced for DVC members, following taken from members web site.

From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*.

Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
CaliMouseVacationeer
Earning My Ears

Activating the annual pass

OK, the answer to this is probably no, but can you activate an annual pass without having to actually go to WDW? We may not make it to WDW between now and Dec 31, 2013, but will definitely be there summer of 2014. For once, I'd love to be able to take advantage of a member perk. TIA!
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMouseVacationeer
OK, the answer to this is probably no, but can you activate an annual pass without having to actually go to WDW? We may not make it to WDW between now and Dec 31, 2013, but will definitely be there summer of 2014. For once, I'd love to be able to take advantage of a member perk. TIA!
No, you need to actually exchange to voucher at WDW.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMouseVacationeer View Post

It might just be a one off incentive but maybe it could be that sells of AP's to members are dropping and therefore Disney sees that as potentially lower spending in the Parks.

We now don't always visit the parks when we stayed and maybe there's a growing amount of Members who don't, but at those prices it's well worth it.

So hopefully it might well be a big hit for many more members and Disney will be seeing a nice little turnover over the next 3-months, it's money in the bank for them now for something that might be first used much later in 2013.

They therefore might not see it as being a loss in turnover of ticket sells and thus will continue this incentive in future years, also great as a possible selling point of DVC Membership.

Wishful thinking I know but fingers crossed for you and all of us in the future.

Last edited by Samaya; 09-25-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Samaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

does the $399 include tax and I thought it was 20% off in shops as I know my normal AP got me 10% last year
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
does the $399 include tax and I thought it was 20% off in shops as I know my normal AP got me 10% last year
No, the $399 doesn't include tax. The 10% off is an additional park, now available to all DVC members, not just those who hold an Annual Pass. You still get 20% off if you have a PAP.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #7
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Like a lot of things, prices are quoted before tax so need to add 6.5% which takes the price from $399.00 to $424.94.

Premium Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 20% discount and all other Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations.

The other offer DVC was promoting and which I listed was 10% off merchandise for all Members without a PAP or AP at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

Hopefully there should be more news posted on the DVC web site on 1st Oct.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Thankyou both. Im still a bit new to all this. Tht seems a great buy and will def get one. I upgraded my 14 day pass last time just to the norm AP so lost the waterparks but if one of us has the PAP then we get the 20% yet still got dvc card to fall back on. When i get the money for the points I rented on check in date I will buy. Thankyou for the great money saving tip
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: