Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

I love your bridesmaids gifts!!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #32
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

OMG, I feel like I am reading my PJ (or what my PJ will look like, since I am not engaged yet). I am patiently waiting, hoping it's soon, we do have a trip to the World planned in Oct, but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Anyways.... I love everything you planned so far, I too want my wedding at WP and ADH and a DP (most likely at GF because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wishes). I was also thinking that same day because of labor day weekend and people having off of work. I even want to use that last line in the song as my closing line....seriously we have the same exact ideas! I have been planning my disney wedding for awhile now, a girl can dream right? My mom is already giving me grief about not being married in a church, she has requested that I go to the church when we get home from Disney and have an "official" wedding in a church just parents and us.

I love the way you asked your bridesmaids, soooo cute, I might be stealing that hehe.

Congrats to the two of you, and I can't wait to hear all of your details.
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Honeymoon Details!

Well, Disney's awesome military discount combined with our free night from the room block has made us figure out that we can swing a really nice honeymoon.

We will be staying at the Polynesian in the honeymoon suite from Sunday night to Thursday. On Thursday we will board the Disney Dream for a quick 3 night cruise. I haven't stayed in the Polynesian in FOREVER (mom saw a snake there when I was like 10, and that was the end of that... and then we bought DVC) and Nick loves Hawaii. Also, he has never been on a cruise before, and even though I've been on DCL 7 times, I've never been on the Dream or Fantasy. Should be a lot of fun! We will wait to see if we can get a military discount on the cruise as well.. they tend to be really good discounts and you get an outside room with a veranda!

Things I would like to do on the Honeymoon:
- Rent a cabana at the Polynesian... probably the day after the wedding so we can just relax. Maybe get the big one so if our parents are still in town, they can come over too
- Spirit of Aloha show.. I've never seen it and neither has Nick
- Hoop Dee Doo Review... I've seen this a bunch of times, but think Nick would enjoy it
- Watch a movie at the outdoor theater and order the smores making kit

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 09-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #34
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
The boxes look really cute! I only made phone calls and kicked myself when I saw the cute stuff / ideas pop up on Pinterest.
Thanks! Pinterest is going to be the death of me in this wedding. Funny story, one of my coworkers was telling me about this "really cool website she found" called "pin the rest" It took me a week to figure out what she was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedream88 View Post
I love your bridesmaids gifts!!
Thanks, apparently they did too! One cried, one laughed, and one sent me a pic back with the ears on holding a sign that said yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878 View Post
OMG, I feel like I am reading my PJ (or what my PJ will look like, since I am not engaged yet). I am patiently waiting, hoping it's soon, we do have a trip to the World planned in Oct, but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Anyways.... I love everything you planned so far, I too want my wedding at WP and ADH and a DP (most likely at GF because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wishes). I was also thinking that same day because of labor day weekend and people having off of work. I even want to use that last line in the song as my closing line....seriously we have the same exact ideas! I have been planning my disney wedding for awhile now, a girl can dream right? My mom is already giving me grief about not being married in a church, she has requested that I go to the church when we get home from Disney and have an "official" wedding in a church just parents and us.

I love the way you asked your bridesmaids, soooo cute, I might be stealing that hehe.

Congrats to the two of you, and I can't wait to hear all of your details.
That's so cool! Don't worry about stealing ideas, because basically every idea I have I have stolen from this site. My wedding so far is the ultimate conglomerate of weddings on the disboards

We got our contract in yesterday, and that with the deposit is going off tomorrow. We also paid our deposit with the Arndt's and have an engagement session with them on Dec 23 when we are down there for Christmas.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Thanks! Pinterest is going to be the death of me in this wedding. Funny story, one of my coworkers was telling me about this "really cool website she found" called "pin the rest" It took me a week to figure out what she was talking about.

Thanks, apparently they did too! One cried, one laughed, and one sent me a pic back with the ears on holding a sign that said yes!!

That's so cool! Don't worry about stealing ideas, because basically every idea I have I have stolen from this site. My wedding so far is the ultimate conglomerate of weddings on the disboards

We got our contract in yesterday, and that with the deposit is going off tomorrow. We also paid our deposit with the Arndt's and have an engagement session with them on Dec 23 when we are down there for Christmas.
My step-mom calls it pin-interest...my sister-in-law calls it pinerest.

For contract! I remember it feeling even more real when we got ours. Where are you guys thinking about doing engagement shots?

Also, I posted a few pictures of the Unity Cross that we got in my thread if you wanted to check them out...I realized after your response that I only ever posted the link...never followed up with pictures!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #36
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Thanks!! I saw the pics in your PJ. It looks great. I think we may order the black and silver one.

We are going to do some around the 7 seas lagoon and the obligatory Atlantic Dance Hall pics

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 09-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I LOVE the ears. I may steal that idea!

Everything looks great!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #38
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's my wedding too! Except, swap Wishes DP for Illuminations, since it's following our ADH reception. Otherwise, it's basically the same. LOL! My wedding is the month before Christie's (August 3). I started browsing the DISBoards before I was engaged too, and it helped so much. I don't know what I'd do without this group & these ladies during my research/planning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in October - keep us posted, and if you have ANY questions at all, please do not hesitate to PM me!

Quote:

I'd be so lost without the DIS! I don't even know how girls plan Disney Weddings without these resources!! And, btw, the Arndt's are AMAZING! My engagement shoot with them is November 1, but I've been talking to Vicki for almost 6 months, and I love her to death!

Have you figured out video yet? Or are you not doing a videographer??

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #39
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have you figured out video yet? Or are you not doing a videographer??
Still trying to figure that one out... might just do raw footage from the WP. Who are you guys using?

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 09-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #40
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

I saw something on Pinterest not too long ago that looks interesting its called wedit, they send you 5 flip cams or something like a flip cam and you give them to your guests to video from their perspective and you mail the cameras back and they edit them together. I don't know of anyone that has personally used them but it seems like a cheaper alternative if you are on the fence about a videographer.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Still trying to figure that one out... might just do raw footage from the WP. Who are you guys using?
I'm using 829films. They're a relatively new group, but I love their work! And pretty decently priced too.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Christie, quick question regarding the bridesmaid ears...where did you get them embroidered? I know depending on who you get to embroider they may or may not do official names.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #43
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878
Christie, quick question regarding the bridesmaid ears...where did you get them embroidered? I know depending on who you get to embroider they may or may not do official names.
I did them at the Chapeau in the Magic Kingdom. Make sure the stack you grab from the adult section are actually all adult sizes. They finished my maid of honor hat and the lady goes "your maid of honor is an infant?" Sigh... 3 of the 5 were the wrong size.

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 09-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy

I did them at the Chapeau in the Magic Kingdom. Make sure the stack you grab from the adult section are actually all adult sizes. They finished my maid of honor hat and the lady goes "your maid of honor is an infant?" Sigh... 3 of the 5 were the wrong size.
Thanks, i didn't think you could get them there because they are not official names, thanks for the info.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #45
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I saw something on Pinterest not too long ago that looks interesting its called wedit, they send you 5 flip cams or something like a flip cam and you give them to your guests to video from their perspective and you mail the cameras back and they edit them together. I don't know of anyone that has personally used them but it seems like a cheaper alternative if you are on the fence about a videographer.
I saw that too! Although, when I watched their sample video, the video was pretty shaky. It's really hard to get good quality steady shots with flip cams.

Quote:
I'm using 829films. They're a relatively new group, but I love their work! And pretty decently priced too.
Cool, I will check them out. I have a friend that does video down there (I use the term "friend" pretty loosely lol... we know of each other through a group of chiropractors I'm in), so I'm wondering what his cost is. For me, a MK photoshoot is more important than professional video.

Quote:
Thanks, i didn't think you could get them there because they are not official names, thanks for the info.
Yea, they didn't have any problem at all. In fact, on the little note cards where they write was is going to be embroidered on them, they had a section called "Wedding"... so I guess they must be popular. If you have a Disney Annual Pass, make sure you get your discount- 20% with the Premium!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: