Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #46
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl
This new fangled choker and heavy makeup looks like an "adult" version , if you get my drift. Definitely not appropriate. Hate it!
Whoa, what? While I have no problems with the new Cinderella, I must say I'm a bit confused. What "new fangled choker"? Hasn't Cinderella always had that choker?

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #47
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

gee surprised they didnt give her some botox and breast augmentation!..and give her an anorexic size 0 figure...ha!
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #48
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

If they wanted to spruce her up a little, that's fine, but they changed her face! I don't see a reason to change her face. Like someone else said, she looks generic now.

I pass on new Cinderella. I wont be buying anything with the new Cindy on it either.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #49
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
Whoa, what? While I have no problems with the new Cinderella, I must say I'm a bit confused. What "new fangled choker"? Hasn't Cinderella always had that choker?
Yeah, she's always had it. They just made it (of course) blue-er and shinier. It used to be a flat black- I think it was supposed to be a black velvet ribbon, which was pretty popular around the era I'm pretty sure the movie is taking place in (Bustles, the shape of the skirt evolving from the Antebellum-enormous-crinoline, Cinderella's mother's dress being late regency style. Cinderella's dad's clothes and the clothes little Cinderella was wearing at the beginning of the movie -VERY 1860s style). Making it so shiny gives it a more...uh...leather like appearance I guess?
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #50
justgeorgi
Mouseketeer

Very sad that a Disney classic is going to get a "messy" teen hairstyle. There is zero reason to update Cinderella.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
BelleBriarRose
Mouseketeer

I'm against these makeovers. The princesses are beautiful because they are so natural, they are true to themselves and they don't have to show off their looks to impress anyone. Now they look like those girls on Toddlers and Tiaras. And for what? They don't look nearly as authentic or beautiful as they did when the animators drew them.
BelleBriarRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
surfpark
Earning My Ears

Change is coming and we cannot stop it. Think of what the heart of the princess franchise is about: consumer goods. It always has been (look it up).

I do think it is a bit unusual for Disney to mess with their recipe, but as someone else has mentioned, they don't limit the evolution of their designs for successful characters. In fact, when a character gets a tweak or redesign, that's usually a sign of longevity.

I found a link that shows off the new princess dolls: http://d-princesses.livejournal.com/1335983.html

Check out that header image for the 2012 style.

Some full body shots from this t-shirt.

As you can see, the changes are subtle. Mostly with the hair, slight changes in the costumes. This has everything to do with merchandising. How many Cinderella dolls can you sell when they've looked the same for more than 60 years?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #53
surfpark
Earning My Ears

I think I just uncovered the purpose of the new looks. It appears that the princesses with make cameos in the new Disney Junior series "Sophia the First: Once Upon a Princess"

A preview clip from the show shows off an updated Cinderella making a visit along with the Flora, Fauna and Merryweather (the fairies from Sleeping Beauty). This cross-over makes me believe we'll eventually see many of the princesses making cameos.

http://disney.go.com/disneyjunior/sofia-the-first-cds
Old 09-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #54
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

I noticed that on the pins shown on the Disney Parks Blog for New Fantasyland, Belle is shown in her new style with her giant hair! I am not a fan.

KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #55
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfpark View Post
As you can see, the changes are subtle.
There's nothing subtle about Belle's hair.
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #56
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Holy big hair! Belle looks like a drag queen!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #57
ellie05
DIS Veteran

I am not a fan of most of the changes. I like snow white her face looks a little fuller. The rest look like they put make up on them . And cinderella's face is horrible, she looks like another barbie .

ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post

Stacy
Did you see the dolls?

Vegas Showgirl

rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
Just_Trish
Mouseketeer

I work for Hallmark and we have had the new Cinderella on cards, gift bags, and party items for several weeks now and the response has actually been really good! They are selling quite well, which is surprising because normally the stuff with just a single princess does not tend to do as well as the designs with multiple princesses...

19 MAGICAL TRIPS...
March 2001 – ASMo June 2001 - ASMu July 2002 - Coronado Springs May 2003 - AKL Sept 2004 - POP - MNSSHP Oct 2005 - ASSp - MNSSHP Feb 2007 - POP - Pirate & Princess Party Nov 2009 – POP - DDs Sweet 16, MNSSHP
Sept 2010 - POP - MNSSHP Dec 2010 - POP - MVMCP Oct 2011 – POP - MNSSHP Feb 2012 - POP - One More Disney Day Whole 24 Hrs! May 2012 - POP Oct 2012 – POP - MNSSHP Dec 2012 – POP - MVMCP March 2013 - POP - My 40th B'day!
May 2013 - POP - Monstrous Summer - Whole 24 Hours! October 2013 - POP - MNSSHP
May 2014 – POP – Rock Your Disney Side – Whole 24 Hours!

Upcoming Trips
Aug 2014 - POP - Villains Unleashed! Sept 2014 – POP – MNSSHP Nov 2014 – Port Orleans Royal Room – Dds 21st B'Day! Dec 2014 – POP – MVMCP
Just_Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #60
Cinderellalove
Earning My Ears

Ugggg! Why would Disney change the princesses that everyone loves? They are classics. In my opinon the new changes to the princesses make them look much younger and somewhat inapropriate. They have ruined the look of Cinderella, as she now looks to have no class!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: