Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
cblack
Mousketeer

The Pay It Forward PTR - Concierge on Disney Fantasy Eastern January 26, 2013

Hi, there! Cassie here…long time reader, first-time trip reporter. I feel like I’ve gained so much knowledge by lurking on these boards that I must make an attempt to pay it forward. This is our family’s second cruise, so we are officially “silver” Castaway Club members, but this in no way makes me an expert (1st disclaimer). I should add a 2nd disclaimer that following our first cruise, I couldn’t login to the Disboards for at least a month because it reminded me that I was no longer on the cruise and was back to normal life. So, if I am not quick to turn this into a trip report, please be patient.

OK, now that you know why I’m here and that I may be slow in updating post-cruise, let’s get this pre-trip report going with introductions :
  • DH – Jeremy. Not a Disney fanatic, but admitted that our last cruise was the best vacation he has ever had. This is good news because that means I get to go on more cruises!
  • DD – Jayden. Loves everything Disney with the exception of the big-head, open-mouth, furry characters….and she loves those from a distance. 15 feet or less and the waterworks start and she starts screaming, “they are going to bite me!!!!” We are hoping to overcome the fear this cruise; we have had many discussions about Mickey being a nice friend who does not bite. If we don’t get past it, we have more time to do things other than stand in character lines.
  • Me – Cassie. Dis lurker and extreme planner in an attempt to learn as much as I can to make my family’s cruise as magical as possible. I learned in my first trip to Disney World that being prepared can make the difference between a magical experience and visiting a theme park (and eating lunch and dinner 2 hours apart, but that is a different story ).

This is us (and our three furry family members):

And cruise details:
  • Ship: Disney Fantasy
  • Itinerary: 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (with a stop in San Juan)
  • Dates: January 26, 2013 – February 2, 2013
  • Room: 12000, 1 Bedroom Concierge (at the very front of the ship)

This is our room:

...and this is the balcony for our room:

I cannot wait to be sitting in that chair relaxing!!! Next up will be details we've taken care of so far.

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12000, concierge, eastern, fantasy, san juan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: