Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

What's in a Shipbuilder's Wife? We're sailing in less than three weeks, so I'm looking for some new beverages to try.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

I, too, am intrigued by the Shipbuilder's Wife. And MORE MORE MORE when are you posting more!!! lol

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #18
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Oh lordy..those pics of your Remy dinner are outstanding!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki'sMommy View Post
OMG- So happy with your review and pictures of Remy- I am not an adventurous eater so was a little skeptical about making reservation for our trip next week but I think I could eat almost everything you showed(maybe pass on the buffalo ). Can't wait for more-
I'm glad you enjoyed my review! My husband used to be the same way without being much of an adventurous eater; however, the more we go to different places, the better it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in. Remy looks amazing...can't wait to try it in 3 weeks.

Jill in CO
Enjoy it! I wish we had taken them up on the offer for a 2nd dinner there during the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
What's in a Shipbuilder's Wife? We're sailing in less than three weeks, so I'm looking for some new beverages to try.
It is Absolute Pear, Limoncello, Lime Juice, and 2 other things I can't remember at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
I, too, am intrigued by the Shipbuilder's Wife. And MORE MORE MORE when are you posting more!!! lol
Hopefully tonight once I get home from work. First day back was yesterday so that kept me busy that I didn't want to touch my computer when I got home for long periods of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Oh lordy..those pics of your Remy dinner are outstanding!
Thanks! The entire meal was outstanding.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Enjoying your trip report. We were on the same cruise, probably saw you in the concierge lounge. Love the Remy pictures, makes me wish I would have done Remy for dinner instead of just brunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki'sMommy View Post
Thanks for posting- so you said that the 1 BR were taken- what time did you actually get to the port and how many people were in front of you on line?
We were fortunate enough to upgrade to one of the two 1 bedroom suites still available at the port. We stayed at the MCO Hyatt, checked in at the airport, assigned to the first bus to port and those of us on the bus were first people in the terminal at about 10:15ish.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Enjoying your trip report. We were on the same cruise, probably saw you in the concierge lounge. Love the Remy pictures, makes me wish I would have done Remy for dinner instead of just brunch.

We were fortunate enough to upgrade to one of the two 1 bedroom suites still available at the port. We stayed at the MCO Hyatt, checked in at the airport, assigned to the first bus to port and those of us on the bus were first people in the terminal at about 10:15ish.

I'm glad you are enjoying! We probably did see each other in the lounge some. It was great for breakfasts as we don't tend to eat a lot for breakfast & having access to the bottle water at all times was wonderful. Now that I've seen pictures from the brunch, I'm sad I didn't do it. There is always next time though!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Early Morning Sea Day

My husband and I are in the habit of waking up early. He tends to go to the gym early in the morning at home & I just go to work really early in the morning.

My husband went to the gym at 6:30am. He had the Metabolic Testing in the Spa at 8:30am also so I wouldn't see him for a bit.

Myself, I wandered around the ship until my facial at 8:00AM.

After my morning walk around the deck, I headed back into the concierge lounge to grab breakfast. I was able to get some hot tea, a large fresh croissant, cheese, and fruit that morning.

Entrance into lounge

I enjoyed this in peace and quiet while watching some early morning cartoons & chatting with one of the members of the concierge staff as I was the only one in there until it was almost time for me to leave for my facial.

At 7:50am, I headed down a floor to Senses Spa to check in for facial. I had Nicole from England for my service. It was wonderful! It left my skin feeling renewed.

The service took about 75 minutes & I headed back to my room.

I talked to my husband about his treatment. He was told his metabolic rate is higher than he thought it was & thus in turn isn't eating enough for the work outs he has been doing lately. He really enjoyed the discussion with the trainer.

It was then time for me to head to Palo to meet up with 3 lovely ladies I've known from the Dis for a few years for Brunch.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch

I was the first to arrive of our group so I hung out in Meridian until they arrived. The first came right on time & we had to wait a few minutes for the other two to show up as they were at the DVC Members Party & wanted to see if they won the shipboard credit.

Meridian Lighting

Once everyone arrived, we were led to our table next to the window and our wonderful server, Laszlo, offered us a cocktail (champagne or a mimosa) before we were guided to the buffet.

Choices for Main Course:

Pizza!

We ordered a full Margarita and Goat Cheese for the table along with a split of the Blue Cheese & Grape and Italian Sausage.

We each got our plates and selected various options from the buffet tables.

My selections were all good. I went for cheese, shrimp, fruit, some pastries, a piece of tuna, and bread.

As our pizzas were brought out, we placed our orders for the entree selections.

We definitely had too much pizza for the 4 of us. I only had some of the Margarita which I really enjoyed. The ladies that tried the other three had great comments about each of them.

For my entree, I had the Chicken Parm.

The risotto was perfect in consistency (Gordon Ramsey would be proud!)

If we weren't full enough, there were still desserts to partake.

As we finished up our meal, I had noticed previously on the navigator that there was a Tile Coaster activity for adults at O'Gills at 11:30. I was headed there and 2 of them joined me for it.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
lucas
o

Great review and pictures!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Martini Tasting

After Tile Making, I met up with my husband back at the room & got him a small lunch by the pool before we headed to the Martini Tasting.

We walked to the backside of the ship getting to Meridian.

We were there a little bit early, so we hung out on the deck in the back until it was 1.

Stewart was our host for this tasting.

We started with a classic gin martini & a vodka martini.

The gin martini was made with Hendrick's Gin & it was actually a gin I was ok with drinking. I think it was because of the cucumbers it is made with rather than some of the other gins out there. The vodka martini was made with Russian Standard & was a lot smoother than some of the other vodka martini's I've had.

The next was a classic cosmo.

The next was one of the martini's offered in Meridian.

For the final martini, it was a combination of what people were asking for it to be made out of. I wish I could remember everything that was in it but it was with Absolut Pears, Passion Fruit Juice, Fresh Lime Juice, Bitters, and *mystery ingredient that I can't remember*

Overall, it was a fun tasting with a couple different martinis than what was done previously.

After our tastings, we spent the rest of our afternoon before dinner between Satellite Falls, the Concierge Sundeck or Rainforest Room. I ended up finishing my Game of Thrones Book 5 & moving onto Divergent.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Royal Court & Aladdin

After our relaxing afternoon, we headed to dinner at Royal Court. As we hadn't met our serving team yet, we were able to meet them this evening. They seemed a bit flustered this evening but seeing as all their other tables had lots of children and people coming in late, I could see why.

We were happy to find out we didn't have table mates.

I went with one of the specialty drinks at the top of the menu.
Double Crowned

My husband started with the pomegranate glazed duck breast.

I went with the french onion soup.

For the main course my husband with the filet w/ garlic shrimp.

I went with the wild boar.

My husband had the mango cheesecake for his dessert.

I went with the creme brle.

My husband went back to the room to watch Sunday Night Football. I headed to Aladdin. I sat in the very back row of the balcony as where I used to watch on the Dream was already filled.

I got a drink from the lounge & called it a night after the show.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Enjoying your TR and pictures! Do you have Navigators that you could post?
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
linco711
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your review
linco711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #29
oceangirl
Mouseketeer

Is that your photo of Aladdin or one of the stock ones from Shutters? I ask because I'd heard you aren't allowed to take photos during the shows anymore (flash was always banned) and I was very disappointed. Are they relaxing that rule now on the Fantasy? TIA.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #30
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
Enjoying your TR and pictures! Do you have Navigators that you could post?
I do not have any navigators, sadly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linco711 View Post
Enjoying your review
Glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Is that your photo of Aladdin or one of the stock ones from Shutters? I ask because I'd heard you aren't allowed to take photos during the shows anymore (flash was always banned) and I was very disappointed. Are they relaxing that rule now on the Fantasy? TIA.
Um. I arrived right before the start so maybe I missed the announcement but my camera was in hand and no one said anything. I was sitting in the very back of the balcony and only took 2 pictures throughout the show.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: