Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
1goofymom
Earning My Ears

coumadin therapy

quick question, my dd was diagnosed with PE, told she cannot ride anything rough due to coumadin therapy. Is there somewhere that has a list of possible rides she could do. Is there a handicapped car in toy story that does not turn, or can she get off splash mountain before the drop? I know mission space has the not moving portion.
1goofymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goofymom View Post
quick question, my dd was diagnosed with PE, told she cannot ride anything rough due to coumadin therapy. Is there somewhere that has a list of possible rides she could do. Is there a handicapped car in toy story that does not turn, or can she get off splash mountain before the drop? I know mission space has the not moving portion.
I have never heard of anyone riding Splash and getting off midway through the ride, so I think you will need to avoid that one altogether. I'm not sure what PE stands for. I am guessing Pulmonary Embolism??? Being a coumadin patient has no necessary ride restrictions, but DH does avoid coasters for the most part. I would check with her doctor to find out more specifics on what she should not do due to the PE. My guess is all coasters,Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain would be out. Also Test Track if you are going when it is reopened. Possibly the teacups and Toy Story, but not sure on those two, as they are pretty mild. Good luck! Hopefully someone with PE experience will chime in. Prayers for your DD to have a speedy recovery.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
1goofymom
Earning My Ears

Thanks, PE does stand for pulmonary embolus. She will have been on Coumadin for 9 weeks when we get to disney.
1goofymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
eternaldisneyfan
Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
*sadly, no emoticons because my pix max out the limit-my words will have to stand alone*

Yea, all coasters would be a no go but there is a lot more to do. I love Soarin' (which should be fine-very smooth movements).

Boo'd!! Frosted , Snowed , Ho ho'd Tree'd!
"Everything in life is a choice. Even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment." Mattie Stepanek
eternaldisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: