Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #1051
jennykay
Mouseketeer
 
jennykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill
Okay, it took me awhile to give share this tip since I have used it for the past few years. But, since this will be our last trip for awhile I will share:

Ask for a room near the laundry room. First, most CM's are sympathic towards any woman who has to do laundry on vacation. Second, rooms near the laundry are also near the pool and/or main building. I do laundry everyday on vacation and each time I have asked for this request we have gotten a great room location near pool and main building, even when these rooms are preferred and we paid for standard.
Genius! Do you ask as you check in? Or do you do online check in? I haven't been since they started that, and I didn't make a request when we went before. With a toddler in tow, I'm thinking a room near the laundry would be a good idea even if it wasn't close to the main building!
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD10 DS3

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #1052
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Posts: 10,710

I'm going to remember the laundry room request

We do a lot of laundry too and always lugging it around the resort
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #1053
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 10,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Genius! Do you ask as you check in? Or do you do online check in? I haven't been since they started that, and I didn't make a request when we went before. With a toddler in tow, I'm thinking a room near the laundry would be a good idea even if it wasn't close to the main building!
You would need to make this request by phone (I always make my requests at the time of booking). There wouldn't be anywhere to make this request with the online check in.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #1054
jennykay
Mouseketeer
 
jennykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

You would need to make this request by phone (I always make my requests at the time of booking). There wouldn't be anywhere to make this request with the online check in.
Thanks, minnie mum. Having never made a request before I'm not sure how to go about this- call the reservation line? Or call the hotel directly? And I guess I could go ahead and do that now?
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD10 DS3

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #1055
MikeyTex
Never Too Old
 
MikeyTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alvin, TX
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom0116 View Post
We had a nice family buy our meal for us w/ left over TS credits once, so we decided to do the same when on that trip we then had 3 left over meals. We do this with any left overs we have. We are on the deluxe dining and always have 1 or 2 left overs. It really suprises people- it is spreading a little pixie dust yourself!
Did this on a past trip with CSs.......ordered everybody in our party lunch and ordered a pizza for a table of teenagers next to us!!
__________________
1974 Disney Land
2007 All-Star Movies
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 Caribbean Beach
2013 Port Orleans Riverside


MikeyTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #1056
Mariep26
DIS Veteran
 
Mariep26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Thanks, minnie mum. Having never made a request before I'm not sure how to go about this- call the reservation line? Or call the hotel directly? And I guess I could go ahead and do that now?
Looks like you are at Pop Century.. not sure what the process is there but remember sometimes when you think you are calling the resort, you are actually getting a call center (and that call center may not even be in Florida). I know POR has a fax number where requests can be sent --perhaps Pop has something similar?
__________________
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1057
MikeyTex
Never Too Old
 
MikeyTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alvin, TX
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohre View Post
Ditch the schedule......
Couldn't agree more.......the only "schedule" I go with is the ARD's and plan to be in the park that I am eating at instead of hopping at the last minute....if I do hop, I'll do half-days........
__________________
1974 Disney Land
2007 All-Star Movies
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 Caribbean Beach
2013 Port Orleans Riverside


MikeyTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #1058
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop
 
TPCShauna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)
Posts: 4,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Genius! Do you ask as you check in? Or do you do online check in? I haven't been since they started that, and I didn't make a request when we went before. With a toddler in tow, I'm thinking a room near the laundry would be a good idea even if it wasn't close to the main building!
I handle resort guest relations, and deal with room request issues daily. The old method for making room requests was to fax them to the resort. The room assignment CMs have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

If you are more than 2 weeks before check-in, call the reservation center to add your room requests. If within the 2 week mark, the best way to get your room requests added is to call the resort directly, and add them to your room reservation. As someone else posted, even if those calls go to a "Call Center", the call has to be transferred to the resort itself for those requests to be added to the reservation since call center staff doesn't have access to the reservation system.

The most important thing to remember about room requests is that they are requests, and not guaranteed, especially if you have a very long list of them. If you have more than one, list them in order of importance as we may not be able to fulfill all of them. Also, adding more than 2 or 3 requests max will almost guarantee that it will be unable to fulfill them all. Our room assignors work very hard to fulfill as many requests as possible, and they really are masters at juggling availability against incoming requests. They want to do everything possible to make your stay magical, but may still not be able to fulfill 15 different requests for the same room.
__________________
TPCShauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #1059
jennykay
Mouseketeer
 
jennykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna

I handle resort guest relations, and deal with room request issues daily. The old method for making room requests was to fax them to the resort. The room assignment CMs have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

If you are more than 2 weeks before check-in, call the reservation center to add your room requests. If within the 2 week mark, the best way to get your room requests added is to call the resort directly, and add them to your room reservation. As someone else posted, even if those calls go to a "Call Center", the call has to be transferred to the resort itself for those requests to be added to the reservation since call center staff doesn't have access to the reservation system.

The most important thing to remember about room requests is that they are requests, and not guaranteed, especially if you have a very long list of them. If you have more than one, list them in order of importance as we may not be able to fulfill all of them. Also, adding more than 2 or 3 requests max will almost guarantee that it will be unable to fulfill them all. Our room assignors work very hard to fulfill as many requests as possible, and they really are masters at juggling availability against incoming requests. They want to do everything possible to make your stay magical, but may still not be able to fulfill 15 different requests for the same room.
Thanks!
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD10 DS3

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #1060
tkd27
Earning My Ears
 
tkd27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I handle resort guest relations, and deal with room request issues daily. The old method for making room requests was to fax them to the resort. The room assignment CMs have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

If you are more than 2 weeks before check-in, call the reservation center to add your room requests. If within the 2 week mark, the best way to get your room requests added is to call the resort directly, and add them to your room reservation. As someone else posted, even if those calls go to a "Call Center", the call has to be transferred to the resort itself for those requests to be added to the reservation since call center staff doesn't have access to the reservation system.

The most important thing to remember about room requests is that they are requests, and not guaranteed, especially if you have a very long list of them. If you have more than one, list them in order of importance as we may not be able to fulfill all of them. Also, adding more than 2 or 3 requests max will almost guarantee that it will be unable to fulfill them all. Our room assignors work very hard to fulfill as many requests as possible, and they really are masters at juggling availability against incoming requests. They want to do everything possible to make your stay magical, but may still not be able to fulfill 15 different requests for the same room.
Thanks for taking the time to post! This is really helpful

Follow up question, though: Do you guys get a lot of requests for proximity to pools or buses or anything? Are the majority of those requests usually able to be honored, or do most people not get it because of the number of similar requests?
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #1061
jennykay
Mouseketeer
 
jennykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkd27

Thanks for taking the time to post! This is really helpful

Follow up question, though: Do you guys get a lot of requests for proximity to pools or buses or anything? Are the majority of those requests usually able to be honored, or do most people not get it because of the number of similar requests?
bumping...because I'd like to know the answer to this, also. thanks so much CMs!!
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD10 DS3

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #1062
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop
 
TPCShauna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)
Posts: 4,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkd27 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post! This is really helpful

Follow up question, though: Do you guys get a lot of requests for proximity to pools or buses or anything? Are the majority of those requests usually able to be honored, or do most people not get it because of the number of similar requests?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
bumping...because I'd like to know the answer to this, also. thanks so much CMs!!
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't see the first post.

It depends on which resort you are staying at. At the Values, all the resorts have multiple pools, so adding on request to be "near pool" or "pool view" is more likely to be fulfilled. Plus, most pools are surrounded by buildings so there are several rooms to choose from to complete that request. If you tack on "near bus stop" and/or "near lobby", it's going to reduce the number of rooms our room assignors can choose from for you.

Honestly, yes, at the Values and Moderates, we get hundreds of requests for near bus stop, near lobby, near pool, and they are usually stacked like that. I would say around 10% who request all three might get all three, but a lot of times it will be an issue of fulfilling just one or two out of the three. For example, if you ask for all three, you might get just near the bus stop/lobby, but not close to a pool. This is very true in Art of Animation because the buildings are right next to the end of the lobby next to the bus stop, but that is the one section without a pool.

This is why we tell you to make your requests in order of importance. If not having connecting rooms will ruin your vacation, put that at the top of or as the only request on your list. Let me know if you have more questions.
__________________
TPCShauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #1063
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe
 
Googelibear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North-West Michigan
Posts: 341

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
I also think this is probably one of the best tips I've come across so far!
nononooooo, if the ice cream serving is too big, then there's no room left for another treat. I would like the servings to get smaller everywhere so that I can have a treat at every single cart
__________________
Googelibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #1064
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"
 
Cinderella's slipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 812

Kurby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I'm going to remember the laundry room request

We do a lot of laundry too and always lugging it around the resort
What a beautiful family you have! Love the pictures in your post.
__________________
Please help support Give Kids the World!
"A Dream is a Wish your heart makes .... if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true" Wishing for another date to visit.



Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #1065
jennykay
Mouseketeer
 
jennykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't see the first post.

It depends on which resort you are staying at. At the Values, all the resorts have multiple pools, so adding on request to be "near pool" or "pool view" is more likely to be fulfilled. Plus, most pools are surrounded by buildings so there are several rooms to choose from to complete that request. If you tack on "near bus stop" and/or "near lobby", it's going to reduce the number of rooms our room assignors can choose from for you.

Honestly, yes, at the Values and Moderates, we get hundreds of requests for near bus stop, near lobby, near pool, and they are usually stacked like that. I would say around 10% who request all three might get all three, but a lot of times it will be an issue of fulfilling just one or two out of the three. For example, if you ask for all three, you might get just near the bus stop/lobby, but not close to a pool. This is very true in Art of Animation because the buildings are right next to the end of the lobby next to the bus stop, but that is the one section without a pool.

This is why we tell you to make your requests in order of importance. If not having connecting rooms will ruin your vacation, put that at the top of or as the only request on your list. Let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks! What I really want is to be as close to the coffee as possible so I don't have to walk forever to get it before I'm really awake.
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD10 DS3

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: